PDA

View Full Version : Flusehd boot

Fergie_sfc
26-06-03, 07:02 PM
just moved number plate to bottom of bumper but car looks a state now....as i call it 'work in progress stage'!!!!

how much do you think i am expecting to pay for my boot to be flushed with handle removed and boot pop?

i'm spraying it up myself.

fergie.

mikesri
26-06-03, 07:07 PM
Get it sprayed professionally :wink:

Ben (lurk75)
26-06-03, 07:09 PM
If you are paying to have it done professionally then spend the extra ?50 and get it painted properly as well, not worth going to that expense to have to spray it yourself.

Probably looking best part of ?300 to have it flushed, solenoid fitted and painted.

mikesri
26-06-03, 07:47 PM
Probably looking best part of ?300 to have it flushed, solenoid fitted and painted

I can get all that done at my local bodyshop for no more than ?200! I think ?300 would be alot to spend. :?

pickle
26-06-03, 08:00 PM
whatever u do dont get your mate to do it! he may not be as good as he thinks ( thats if ur mate can weld) coz my mate done his own v polo, and he aint even beaten the pannels flat and stuff, and it looks a fucking mess. shop around and tel them u can get it cheaper somewhere else, they may lower there price's abit!....... or not

pickle
26-06-03, 08:00 PM
whatever u do dont get your mate to do it! he may not be as good as he thinks ( thats if ur mate can weld) coz my mate done his own v polo, and he aint even beaten the pannels flat and stuff, and it looks a fucking mess. shop around and tel them u can get it cheaper somewhere else, they may lower there price's abit!....... or not

Ben (lurk75)
27-06-03, 07:08 AM
Probably looking best part of ?300 to have it flushed, solenoid fitted and painted

I can get all that done at my local bodyshop for no more than ?200! I think ?300 would be alot to spend. :?

I have only ever seen two boots flushed correctly, and how i would want them done. 99& of flushed boots look terrible because people cut corners on it.
It is one of those things that if you are going to go for you need to pay the extra to get it done very well.

I could get it done for around ?150- but i wouldnt because it would be bodged with filler.

The only way to do them is to weld a complete panel completely across the boot and then fill and smooth the wiper arm etc.

With all bodywork you get what you pay for.

Will F
27-06-03, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately I will have to agree with Ben on this one (Damn!)
I too have seen so many boots that have been done 'professionally' for ?150 to ?200 and although they look good from a distance, the workmanship is poor at best.

I wouldnt mind paying ?300 for a good job.

simon@novaheaven
27-06-03, 09:21 AM
mine was done with a plate over the number plate surround, the last owner had the work done on it in 1999 and its still looking good. ive seen a few good other ones but the majority are just bodged and look terrible!

dan16v
27-06-03, 03:16 PM
i agree with ben! MIKE look at the state of your boot which was flushed bout 2months ago? then look at myne which has been done at least 3years! yours is all distorted already where as myne is no way as bad!
simple you get what you pay for at the end of the day! mike i think gary is shite at flushing boots when he done myne it was shite also on the black one!

fergie dont spray it your self with a tin lmfao if you pay a body shop to flush it, it will cost next to nowt for them to spray it also!

elsey197
27-06-03, 03:27 PM
yep there are very few which are perfect, thats why i bought antons old one cos i knew it was perfect and makes all the difference :D
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1157

Fester
27-06-03, 03:29 PM
lol dan doesnt hold back when criticism is required

frog_southampton
27-06-03, 04:19 PM
fergie, my m8 has a corsa...he had his tailgate flushed....he took out his rear wiper motor and put solenoid on end of it

cost him ?100 from place behind my house....in southampton

weldin a plate and flushin corsa gotta be harder coz is round

Ben (lurk75)
27-06-03, 04:26 PM
mine was done with a plate over the number plate surround, the last owner had the work done on it in 1999 and its still looking good. ive seen a few good other ones but the majority are just bodged and look terrible!

Yours is one of the two i have ever seen that i would own!

Ste_Nova
27-06-03, 04:54 PM
yep there are very few which are perfect, thats why i bought antons old one cos i knew it was perfect and makes all the difference :D

thats not perfect... it looks to rise in the middle.... reveling where the old resses is

mikesri
27-06-03, 05:04 PM
lol dan doesnt hold back when criticism is required

:roll: Yeah you get used to it!!! :lol:

At least i've an engine in my car!!!! :P :P :P :P :wink:

DazK
27-06-03, 05:09 PM
i got mine for 65quid :D theres a bloke who does em for novas in willenhall (near wolverhampton ) ...it needed sanding back a little .. but it looks perfect .. got expanding foam in it aswell so it aint hollow :P shop around tho .. i wouldnt pay anymore than 130 to have it flushed :roll:

simon@novaheaven
27-06-03, 05:13 PM
the only real way to tell if its any good is the test of time! they may look smooth when there first done but the quality shows after years of opening and shutting and flexing as the car corners!

dan16v
27-06-03, 06:14 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?

lol@ mike 'at least my car has engine quote'

well all i can say is its a good job my flush boot is good coz thats all your gunna be seeing when the engines in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

elsey197
28-06-03, 02:19 PM

thats not perfect... it looks to rise in the middle.... reveling where the old resses is

what are you talking about :?: the no. plate light on the Bumper :?:
if so that is being sorted this week :wink:

dave.gsi
28-06-03, 10:21 PM
lol, don't think he means the number plate light :lol:
look in the pic where the line isn't parrallel to the window rubber ..... it rises ever so slightly in the middle

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1210

just being picky though, i reckon it looks sweet

RobHardyUK
28-06-03, 10:58 PM
me to :D

i think flushed tailgates make all the difference, espec with clears.

Fergie_sfc
29-06-03, 12:26 PM
right then, went to a place near me in southampton called hermitage, (pretty near regal for those of you who are interested).

spoke to a young guy who flushes all the boots......check this,

he said to take off rear water jet,smooth it over......take off rear wiper,smooth it over...... flush boot with metal plate, fill recess with fibreglass and weld it all in with one layer of some sort of filler......and re-do bumper where i messed it all up with no.plate light(big hole!!) and then spray up back bumper and the whole boot lid, and for solonoid(spelling) fitted to rear wiper switch for...............wait for it.......

?300!!!!!!!

got my self a deal there wouldn't you say.

he had a nova there that he'd just finished and it look well proper. really liked it. should have it done on 16th of next month.

you lot think that is a good deal?

fergie.

Ste_Nova
29-06-03, 12:52 PM
i ment here..

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/a/album_859_1055765519.jpg

elsey197
30-06-03, 12:40 AM
never really noticed that but looking at it now i can see it :x

Ben (lurk75)
30-06-03, 07:33 AM
We now have one for sale, very good condition too...

krobinson
30-06-03, 12:01 PM

I want your car!

Love it

Ric 16v
30-06-03, 10:49 PM
about the pic above i can see a major problem with this boot it's obvious it has had a plate welded right across because at the top of it just under the rear window where it curves it is more rounder and has had filler over this part and I can guarantee it will crack because I'v seen boots done like this before and everyone has cracked on the curve even when they have been done professionaly, If you ask me the best way is to weld the section up in the middle so filler isn't plasterd everywhere like this one which is mine http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/429big5.jpg

dan16v
30-06-03, 10:55 PM
both my boots have been done like that and theyve never cracked! :lol:

privatepie
30-06-03, 11:58 PM
about the pic above i can see a major problem with this boot it's obvious it has had a plate welded right across because at the top of it just under the rear window where it curves it is more rounder and has had filler over this part and I can guarantee it will crack because I'v seen boots done like this before and everyone has cracked on the curve even when they have been done professionaly, If you ask me the best way is to weld the section up in the middle so filler isn't plasterd everywhere like this one which is mine http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/429big5.jpg

not 2 blow ur own trumpet at all m8

elsey197
01-07-03, 12:18 AM
Well it show no signs of cracking yet and has been on my car for 5 months and atons before that, so dont think its gonna suddenly crack now

brian
01-07-03, 01:55 AM
will everyone fcuk up whinging about the bootlid!! :roll: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
01-07-03, 07:16 AM
will everyone fcuk up whinging about the bootlid!! :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: WOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was feeling the same :lol:

Fergie_sfc
01-07-03, 02:34 PM
oi, SRI_16v...... someones nicked your exhaust in that pic!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mr_tricky
01-07-03, 07:14 PM
i can get it done for 200 quid painted and thats a good job. email me if u want some info.