PDA

View Full Version : digi dash

epo
26-06-03, 06:28 PM
am fittin a digi dash this weekend in me sri but i havent got my battery and oil gauges clocks workin on me origional dash will i have 2 run them in 4 my digi dash or shud i not bother or r they already there

hope this makes sence thx epo :twisted:

VauxMD
26-06-03, 08:50 PM
When you say they're not working - do you mean they don't work or they are not fitted? Either way It would be a waste of a dash not to get them working. Do you really want "EVERYONE" to keep telling you your guages aren't working? :wink:

If you need an oil sender, you can get one off almost any Vauxhall you'll find in a scrappy as they all used the same one.

Best of luck

mikeoxford
26-06-03, 09:14 PM
i have an oil pressure sender for sale

the two wire one to get a digidash (both guages) working

epo
27-06-03, 04:55 PM
there not fitted but am interest in ur sender unit mike how much and how do i get the battery workin

also wots this ender unit and transducer thing people who r sellin em advertise with em will i get one when i got to the scrapper or have i gotta buy em or nick em off another car

which is best 16v or 8v

tonydry
27-06-03, 07:06 PM
the transducer is what sends the signal to the clocks for the mph its located on the gearbox with 3 wires coming from it make sure u get it from the car when u get the dash or the mph wont work

epo
27-06-03, 07:27 PM
so obviously i wud have 2 take my orrigional transducer out and fit this new 1 right is it a straight swap

tonydry
27-06-03, 08:54 PM
your old 1 is macanical it clips in to the back of your nova clocks and to your gear box remove it then put the astra one in the gear box and wire it to the digi dash theres loads ov guids on the net and 1 in last months total vaux