PDA

View Full Version : Starlet turbo woes

swedge
06-06-11, 10:52 PM
Right where do I start lol

My girlfriends has a Toyota starlet gt turbo, she said she was getting a knocking/clocking noise from the wheel when moving and turning

I told her it'll probably be the cv joint, I asked her if the boots were ok and she said yes but her sisters husband put a new jubilee clip on it as the old one was missing and she had grease on her wheels

I said it'll 99% be the cv but her sisters husband (rough as **** scrappy guy) says those fine he says it's the driveshafts? Lol

He got some second hand shafts and cv's and put them on, well tried he said that he had to hammer the new cv into the hub as it was "tight fit" lol

Now he says the hubs bent? How the feck can a hub bend? Lol

After some research I found that she needs outer cv's with 23 splines as she has no abs, abs uses 30 splines

At the moment she's paid him for 2 driveshafts 2 cv's 2 wheel bearings and a strut lol

I reckon he's just going through everything until he finds what's wrong lol

Could it be possible that he's hammered a 30spline cv into the hub that only takes 22? Or would it just not fit?

wwmnw
06-06-11, 11:02 PM
I doubt it would fit

comptoncj
06-06-11, 11:11 PM
The cv joints are common to fail on those starlets, im not sure if he could have put a 30 spline cv into a 22 spline hub but anything is possible lol, i put a 28 spline corsa shaft into a 22 spline cv joint and honestly didnt know untill i put it together and attempted to move the car lol.

swedge
06-06-11, 11:18 PM
I tried to tell her it was the cv to begin with but she was believing him lol a think he's ****ed the splines or sonething on the hub

comptoncj
06-06-11, 11:24 PM
He probs has, a friend of mine has a glanza, he has replaced both his outer cv joints as they were noisey on lock, bet you will have issues finding a hub for one.

swedge
06-06-11, 11:29 PM
Yeah I can't see it being easy to find one do glances n starlets use the same stuff?