PDA

View Full Version : fg marder

ryansnova
06-06-11, 09:28 PM
i have had 6 or 7 nitro rc cars and i am sick of them falling to bits and not starting sometimes lol so i was thinking of buying a fg marder 1/5th scale rc buggy i know thay are very fast and look like so much FUN but i was looking at them on ebay and there like £500 aprox and i dont want to spend that kind of money and i know nothing about petrol rc cars because i have always had nitros:)

had enybody had one what are thay like ?:thumb:

24sevenslacker
06-06-11, 11:09 PM
not had 1 of those but iv had a traxxas tmaxx 3.3 and that was ace, never broke or had starting problems for 2-3 years until i crashed it and smashed the head off of the engine lol

MK999
06-06-11, 11:22 PM
FG are very high quality builds, but expensive too. 1/5th scale circuit racers were impressive 3-4 years ago, would love to see what they're up to now tbh.

ryansnova
06-06-11, 11:38 PM
not had 1 of those but iv had a traxxas tmaxx 3.3 and that was ace, never broke or had starting problems for 2-3 years until i crashed it and smashed the head off of the engine lol

i have had 2 of thay cars mate and they were fine but i had bad starting problems with all the rest but im sick of nitro cars now and i want a 1/5 scale fg marder now :thumb:

theres vids on youtube of 1/5th scale cars doing like 90mph and it looks so cool lol

MK999
06-06-11, 11:39 PM
i have had 2 of thay cars mate and they were fine but i had bad starting problems with all the rest but im sick of nitro cars now and i want a 1/5 scale fg marder now :thumb:

theres vids on youtube of 1/5th scale cars doing like 90mph and it looks so cool lol

Tune on them generally works best when updated regularly, if you can't learn to tune a carb by ear/by smoke etc, you're out of luck with them really.

ryansnova
06-06-11, 11:58 PM
i know how to tune them and one of them was got new and one of my other ones was at a model shop a fue times because i could not get it to run right but it went to get fixed and thay didnt know wat was rong with it too lol

thay all ran minted ones thay were going exept 1. my hpi revo that blow up at full chap lol

MattBrown
07-06-11, 12:00 AM
I have 3 fg models ATM, and have had a few more.

Excellent overall, not the fastest or the most desirable of looking things, but with a samba pipe and a kandn they go well.

Make sure you get the rc230 or rc260 engine, the older zenoah g2d isn't the best tbh!

Also, the plastic engine mounts are useless, get some Ali ones and a gear cover to stop stones etc:)

ryansnova
07-06-11, 12:03 AM
i want the 26cc one i think and cheers for your help guys

i like the look of the fg marder but if i dont get one il just buy a hpi baja ;)

MK999
07-06-11, 12:07 AM
i want the 26cc one i think and cheers for your help guys

i like the look of the fg marder but if i dont get one il just buy a hpi baja ;)

HPI isn't even close in quality I'd say, FG are proper machines, HPI are normally more 'toy' like.

ryansnova
07-06-11, 12:11 AM
HPI isn't even close in quality I'd say, FG are proper machines, HPI are normally more 'toy' like.

fg marders are quit hard to find in scotland all the ones on ebay and gumtree are in england and i dont have the money to buy a new one:thumb:

ryansnova
08-06-11, 04:02 PM
enybody know of eny fg marders FOR SALE ??i will also be traviling down to england alot with a mates stock car so i can collect :)