PDA

View Full Version : Mk 4 Astra Van rattle please help :-(

novalicous
06-06-11, 09:03 PM
Since I have lowere my van its developed an annoying rattle on the boot door and I cant seem to find it

All trim is correctley fitted/secured its with the bootlid itself any one else had this problem as its doing my head in and I dont fancy going all the way to PVS with it doing my head in

pikey1986
06-06-11, 09:07 PM
number plate maybe?

Southie
06-06-11, 09:09 PM
Exhaust, spare wheel, bumper, rear bushes on beam and also as said numberplate.

novalicous
06-06-11, 09:15 PM
All of the above are ok
It seem to be the boot lid not adjustd correctley on those little rubber mushrooms but ive had them in evrey possible way of adjustment

Southie
06-06-11, 09:17 PM
As silly as it sounds but take the van up the road with the boot up and see if you notice any noise.

Also is the rear wiper motor securely fitted?

windfreek
06-06-11, 09:27 PM
As silly as it sounds but take the van up the road with the boot up and see if you notice any noise.

may also be the wiring loom to the motor, i also assume you have checked the 3 bolts that hold the lock to the boot itself or the pin the lock fastens to for any free play?

Novasport
06-06-11, 09:29 PM
If its the same as the Coupe then it could be the pin switch on the bottom of the tailgate. The one on my Coupe creaks its b0llocks off!

novalicous
06-06-11, 09:39 PM

Ill try it with the boot open before work in the morning had enough now came in for a tin of the Bow and the wiper motor is tight aswell

Keif
06-06-11, 09:49 PM
If its the same as the Coupe then it could be the pin switch on the bottom of the tailgate. The one on my Coupe creaks its b0llocks off!
I bet Rich is right, that's the normal cause of a rear "rattle" on a MK4 Astra.

xe_nova9
06-06-11, 10:29 PM
I found that on a high mileage astra G not long ago that the rear shock absorber top bushes were fecked causing a knocking noise, used a lever bar to check for movement, very unusual on an astra G though, just a thought :)

MK999
06-06-11, 10:33 PM
Is it a Vauxhall?

Novasport
06-06-11, 10:48 PM
I bet Rich is right, that's the normal cause of a rear "rattle" on a MK4 Astra.

I could not believe how loud it was in mine in the cabin. I went in the boot whilst my dad dove the car round the block to find it. I put a rubber stop on the plastic load sill to insulate it then it was fine.