PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here running KW Variant 3 coilovers?

Clony3k
06-06-11, 02:44 PM
Anyone running KW Variant 3 coilovers?

And maybe some one can give me some user feedback on them?

I fint the individually adjustable rebound, compression, stiffens and so is worth the extra buck, but not sure what to go fror.

http://www.tunershop.co.uk/product_images/KW_Coilovers_Variante2_Inox_for_OPEL_Corsa_A_A-CC_p_p229835.jpg

Southie
06-06-11, 02:49 PM
Your best bet is GAZ for coilovers tbh, if you were a member you also get club discount ;)

Which car is this for btw? If its for a daily road car then I'd just get a good quality set of Bilsteins on uprated lowering springs.

Clony3k
06-06-11, 02:55 PM
Your best bet is GAZ for coilovers tbh, if you were a member you also get club discount ;)

Which car is this for btw? If its for a daily road car then I'd just get a good quality set of Bilsteins on uprated lowering springs.

The GAZ set is fully damper and spring combined front and rear?
and if, will i have problems whit 195/50r15 in the rear?

The car is mainly a weekend driver, but whit focus on good traction and well balanced dampening.

Edd
06-06-11, 03:41 PM
I'd go for a yellow Bilstein and Eibach spring set up

Cost less and no wheel/tyre/inner arch problems that you will get with any coilovers

Clony3k
06-06-11, 06:18 PM

Cost less and no wheel/tyre/inner arch problems that you will get with any coilovers

What you are saying, is that i get wheel/tyre/inner arch problems with any coilover set? also whit 195/45 R15?

This is new for me... :confused:

John
06-06-11, 06:36 PM
Is the kw rear separate springs and dampers? if so you'll be ok. Gaz rears are coilovers and may require a little hammer action to get them to fit without catching the inner arch. cured properly with a bit of turreting though.

peester
06-06-11, 07:17 PM
your more likely to have issues with coilovers with the 195/50 tyre; both front and back.
With 195/45 it should be ok at the front; but if you drop the ride height a lot still may get some rubbing.
As mentioned, at the back a full proper coilover (like GAZ kit) at the back will need turreting/modifying; with any wheel/tyre wider than 5J(175)
If you stick to a shock and spring setup, like the mentioned Bilstein kit theres more room front and rear than wth coilovers. So no modding, shouldnt be any issues.

Clony3k
08-06-11, 09:56 PM

But i cant understand that the coilovers are using more space in the front. In the rear i understand that separate spring and damper uses less space.

Someone who can give me a reason for this?

Iain
08-06-11, 10:16 PM
Clearance issues can occur when the spring platform is lowered furtherdown the strut. Easy fix with shorter springs

Clony3k
08-06-11, 10:22 PM
Clearance issues can occur when the spring platform is lowered furtherdown the strut. Easy fix with shorter springs

Ahh, of course, now i see the problem ;)