PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans

chimp007_uk
06-06-11, 02:33 PM
I'm off to Le Mans on Thursday morning for a mates stag do... Not sure how much racing I'll see, but will get some pics.

Can't wait...

Anyone making the trip?

Chris

MARTIN KELSON
06-06-11, 06:16 PM
I went in 2009 for mates stag doo, fantastic time.

Hoping to go next year for my 40th!!

What campsite you on?

chimp007_uk
06-06-11, 11:00 PM
No idea Martin... I'm told times and places to be and that's it. We're all going in a minibus. Should be a good laugh!

CoolTiger
06-06-11, 11:09 PM
when few years ago with motogp ****e circuit for pictures theirs chain link fences all around, but it is a open grandstand down pit straight which is good :)

MARTIN KELSON
06-06-11, 11:10 PM
You'll enjoy it as long as weather is kind.
We booked through 'speedchills' when we went. The camp section had it's own (clean) showers & toilets, onsite bar & cooked food! Was great.
Have a great weekend. You may even see some of the race!!!

CP
07-06-11, 12:28 PM
Went last year and had the best time. Would love to be going this year but sadly its not to be. Hopefully going to make the Le Mans Classic Historic next year.

Its a fantastic event and the cars are awesome. You'll have a great time:thumb:

TWAG
07-06-11, 04:24 PM
Im going! heading off thursday morning as well.

The nova is all packed, just waiting for the last of my stickers to arrive.:thumb:

Had a great time last year and every year between the age of 3 and 18. For any one into motorsport it is a must!

mowgli
07-06-11, 04:34 PM
i really need to go there again.. i've done it 3 times... its definitely something for a motorsport fan to do at least once in their lives..

my mate got a corporate freebie there last year, flown in, executive coaches everywhere, catering everywhere, posh hotel in the town, then home.. he said he prefered the one when we camped from wed to mon, saw night qualifying, rode our mountain bikes round the track etc....then did the 24 hrs non-stop....

chimp007_uk
24-06-11, 09:51 PM
Le Mans is a must... Better than any car show I've been to. Cost me £250 for 6days including food and drink.

Saw Twag's Irmscher Nova Sprint, looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/S8000995.jpg

Will get the actual pic off my mate.

Had an amazing time, got to see the Mazda 787b go round, driven by the 1991 winner Johnny Herbert. Sounded immense... Close second were the Corvettes, Aston Martin straight 6 and the Aston Martin V12.

Go to Le Mans!

mowgli
24-06-11, 09:59 PM
Had an amazing time, got to see the Mazda 787b go round, driven by the 1991 winner Johnny Herbert. Sounded immense... Close second were the Corvettes, Aston Martin straight 6 and the Aston Martin V12.

Go to Le Mans!

you should have been at mulsanne back in 91 as the news came thru that the leading sauber merc was in the pits with water pump failure, and the crowd was counting down the number of laps till johnny took the lead... we were in tears when the funny little car with the unholy screaming engine finally made it onto the lead lap & then it had to last about another 2 hours, they did something like a quad stint & poor johnny herbert had to be carried from the car after the finish & he never stood on the podium...god it was a great days motor racing

ryansnova
24-06-11, 10:04 PM
never liked that kit till i seen that one....

now i like it A LOT lol

chimp007_uk
25-06-11, 08:02 AM
Mowgli's showing his age there... :-p for us youngsters who weren't privileged because we didn't even know what le mans was, seeing such an iconic car first hand was schweeeet!

mowgli
25-06-11, 08:13 AM
the old group c regs were ace.. porsche 962c 3.0 flat 6 turbo, sauber merc, 5.0 v8 turbo, jag xjr, 7.0 v12, mazda 4 rotor.. all in the same racing class with a limit on fuel.. it made for some brilliant engineering solutions..

mind you, the mazda on the overrun sounded mental.. a year or so before, we'd been at donington watching the 1000km, and on the first lap, my missus was certain the mazda had blown up at the bottom of the craner curves, then was surprised to see it coming round again... and again