PDA

View Full Version : Nova heated mirrors??

Wacko Jacko
26-06-03, 04:53 PM
Did any of the nova range come with heated mirrors?? I've been told that the GSi came with them? Is this true, and if so anyboady got some for sale?

Thanks

Jacko

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 05:08 PM
my 1.2 has heated mirrors, take em off, sit on em for half hour and they become warm. :lol:

Alex
26-06-03, 05:54 PM
never heard of heated mirrors, but some novas were built with heated seats in dodgy foreign countries :lol: . Can put them in yourself using volvo heated seats

Ste_Nova
26-06-03, 06:33 PM
no

Jules
26-06-03, 07:28 PM
Think it was Scandinavian Novas that had them as an option but no-where as standard, There was a set or electric heated Irmscher one for sale inb the back of Total Vauxhall about 3-4 months ago (?50) was gonna buy but needed money for my house.

Ste_Nova
27-06-03, 01:55 PM
they are not listed on epc.... you can get electric ones... but not heated... i had electric ones in my 1.4sr

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 11:51 PM
ones in TV were electric but not heated

ade
29-06-03, 11:57 PM
cant really see the point TBH.

I find my mirrors when wet or frosty or covered in condensation usually clear within 10 mins of driving.

Check out the high spec vauxhalls like the older carltons and cavs - if they did you'll prob find the parts can be modded to fit the nova.

Not heard of heated ones mind...leccy yes (for the absolute lazy).

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 11:59 PM
cant really see the point TBH.

I find my mirrors when wet or frosty or covered in condensation usually clear within 10 mins of driving.

Check out the high spec vauxhalls like the older carltons and cavs - if they did you'll prob find the parts can be modded to fit the nova.

Not heard of heated ones mind...leccy yes (for the absolute lazy).

to my knowledge the only parts that are any good are from mk2 astras - the motors are the same as the nova ones and make them electric with a few mods.

dave.gsi
29-06-03, 11:59 PM
don't see the point in elleccy mirrors, once you've adjusted them (when you first buy the car) u never move them again. so why would u want them?

ade
30-06-03, 12:10 AM
depends where you live Dave

Whee I'm at every day i come out to my car I have to reset the mirrors coz the neds round me find it fascinating to move them. Caught 2 birds doing there make up in mine the other day!

:D

On the downside, there have been days when ive come out and found them not there at all (kicked off) - not too bad for me - only ?5 for a whole new unit - but the missus had her Seat Ibiza driver mirror booted off - cost her ?150 to replace - and it aint even electric! just runs off weird wires so you can adjust inside from the door (quite funky)