PDA

View Full Version : Pierburg 2e3

Matty Winslade
05-06-11, 02:50 PM
Hello all :)
need to pick the brains of you guys/gals
:)
Ok so , I not long back fitted twin 40 dellortos to my mk1 SR , but due to runnin costs and my desire to return my nova back to 100% standard I decided to take them off (for sale soon) and refit the standard set up !! I hve done so and started her up ok but it idles a little high and also when I put the clutch down when driving , the revs don't come back down quickly , if at all !! I also had to make my own throttle cable as I didn't have the standard one and couldn't for the life of me find one ! Although the adapted one is pretty good !! all I want is a totally standard SR and wish I had never changed it to be honest ! A pierburg overhaul a good idea now ?? Any help would be class
Ta
Matt

Matty Winslade
05-06-11, 03:39 PM
Surley some of you people must have had a similar sr problem before ?

vauxluva
05-06-11, 03:44 PM
Mine does the same stays at 2000rpm for a few seconds? i have had it in bits 4 times then just gave up!

mowgli
05-06-11, 04:20 PM
air leak on the manifold??

Mike
05-06-11, 04:37 PM
Ive actually got some Pierburg technical diagrams (amongst other carbs) showing a complete exploded view of a 2E3 & a breakdown of each part.

Matty Winslade
05-06-11, 05:03 PM
A diagram would be nice mate :) photocopy it ?! :) also , bloody thing vie just taken out for a test drive and also it keeps cutting out at junctions ....completely erratical :( isuppose it's just a case of checking all fuel hoses, vacuum hoses , electrical connections etc etc ....it's so annoying now ....needs to make it's mind up ....revs to high or cutting out lol !!

gunner1x1
06-06-11, 01:46 PM
Hello all :)
need to pick the brains of you guys/gals
:)
Ok so , I not long back fitted twin 40 dellortos to my mk1 SR , but due to runnin costs and my desire to return my nova back to 100% standard I decided to take them off (for sale soon) and refit the standard set up !! I hve done so and started her up ok but it idles a little high and also when I put the clutch down when driving , the revs don't come back down quickly , if at all !! I also had to make my own throttle cable as I didn't have the standard one and couldn't for the life of me find one ! Although the adapted one is pretty good !! all I want is a totally standard SR and wish I had never changed it to be honest ! A pierburg overhaul a good idea now ?? Any help would be class
Ta
Matt

How much do you want for your dellortos?

Cheers

Mike

Pancho
06-06-11, 01:49 PM
you need to rester the autochoke, take the aircleaner off and undo the 3 screws on the autochoke, push the peg inside around till the choke fully shuts, then reattach the metal spring loop. rebuild, job done.

Southie
06-06-11, 02:45 PM
Here's the exploded diagram ;)

http://www.ruddies.business.t-online.de/grafik/2E3_71814637aOP.gif

corsa1
11-06-11, 02:00 PM
If you still have problems after an overhaul and fitting a service kit, chances are the carb is high mileage - the Pierburgs had a reputation for wear and Weber replacement carbs were a popular fix.