PDA

View Full Version : Senna Movie

88ESR
03-06-11, 03:03 PM
Ayrton Senna movie officially released today..

Catch it while or if you can though as I suspect it will a limited run..

Calamity Josh
03-06-11, 04:07 PM
I really wanna go see this film but my local cineworld cinema is only showing it in 3 weeks time for one day! :mad: Surely spending all this money on a film is pointless when it is only shown a couple of times, and you get films about all these idiots like justin bieber and others but a film about a true legend is hardly publicized! Rant over... for the minute

88ESR
03-06-11, 04:10 PM
I really wanna go see this film but my local cineworld cinema is only showing it in 3 weeks time for one day! :mad: Surely spending all this money on a film is pointless when it is only shown a couple of times, and you get films about all these idiots like justin bieber and others but a film about a true legend is hardly publicized! Rant over... for the minute

So true...

I'm not even sure our local (Odeon) is showing it at all..

Tyneside cinema (Indie) is showing it tho...

Edd
03-06-11, 08:15 PM
Torrent download ftw

bazil
03-06-11, 08:17 PM
I will travel far if I have to to see that on a big cinema screen!

John
03-06-11, 08:36 PM
Is it in the cinema listings?

Southie
03-06-11, 08:42 PM
Torrent download ftw
Tut tut tut :roll:

John
03-06-11, 08:43 PM
surely it'll go to dvd a well?

88ESR
03-06-11, 08:46 PM
Torrent download ftw

Has to be on the big screen, first showing..

The action & drama will be far more effective..

I can't wait..

I don't have many heroes and the few I have are invariably racing drivers or motorsport related..

This also explains my burning desire to raise £16k to buy James Hunt's A35 van next month!

Southie
03-06-11, 09:00 PM
Scary thing is that he'd be in his fiftys now :eek:

John
03-06-11, 09:01 PM
on at my local vue, will book on line :)

88ESR
03-06-11, 09:30 PM
Scary thing is that he'd be in his fiftys now :eek:

And I like to think, as the owner of a multiple Constructor's winning team :thumb:

Hope the movie has his altercation with Eddie Irvine in it (off the track)...:)

Southie
03-06-11, 09:34 PM
He was a fantastic driver and master of F1 of his time, tbh he'd have made Eddie Jordon look like a tea boy if he owned his own team tbh ;)

Hayley
03-06-11, 11:47 PM
oh i cant wait to see this!!

Andy
03-06-11, 11:49 PM
i saw a preview to this while at the gym today,hope it gets shown round here,the last of the greatest imo..

Spudly
03-06-11, 11:49 PM
Aswell as it being shown on the big screen, i hope it comes out on dvd!

Andy
03-06-11, 11:57 PM
This might sound daft but....
all the listings on google are phayle for round here,is there any way of finding out where its actually showing at?

bazil
04-06-11, 03:22 AM
Andy, just change the location in this link,

http://www.timeout.com/film/listings/search-listings/?film=Senna&loc=Paisley%2C+Renfrewshire&date=week&search=1

Edd
04-06-11, 08:16 AM
Tut tut tut :roll:
What's a matter with that non nova boy ? :d

I'd rather watch it in the comfort of my sofa than some overpriced back breaking odeon seat

Stuart
04-06-11, 08:27 AM
I'll wait for DVD/TV tbh.... it sounds like its a pretty distressing watch (if you liked the guy etc) so I shall forego spending £20 just to get in and see that.

Southie
04-06-11, 09:10 AM
What's a matter with that non nova boy ? :d

I'd rather watch it in the comfort of my sofa than some overpriced back breaking odeon seat

http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1280x1024/2009/Animals_Dogs_Funny_dog_013643_.jpg

Andy
04-06-11, 09:24 AM
speaking of odeon,i think even they would struggle to host that pic!

Southie
04-06-11, 09:37 AM
speaking of odeon,i think even they would struggle to host that pic!
It fits on my monitor lol

Andy
04-06-11, 09:39 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsCuKUcSSzHwuxqd7Tsps-Ddoq5KvLfVg2GBZJNt-_o5SJACoO?????? lol

Southie
04-06-11, 09:47 AM
Very near lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/shoppery/superfrontechlcdfujitsu231inchscreendog.jpg

mowgli
05-06-11, 01:16 PM
i always remember the day he died... its weird, so many other things have blurred but not that one...

i don't think he would have been a great team owner, he was in it for the driving, and was probably the last true gladiator.. i really don't think we will ever see another like him.. he truly drove every car he was in at more than its limit. he had a phenominal life away from the sport, he earned a vast fortune, and then spent it on improving the lives of his countrymen. i think he would maybe have kept driving till 2000, then gone for president of brasil.
i didn't always like him, but i couldn't help but admire his driving.

i will be seeing it on a big screen... telly isn't big enough for this film.

Jack
05-06-11, 04:54 PM
Local cinema are doing a run for one day in about 2-3 weeks time :roll:

88ESR
05-06-11, 05:28 PM
i always remember the day he died... its weird, so many other things have blurred but not that one...

i don't think he would have been a great team owner, he was in it for the driving, and was probably the last true gladiator.. i really don't think we will ever see another like him.. he truly drove every car he was in at more than its limit. he had a phenominal life away from the sport, he earned a vast fortune, and then spent it on improving the lives of his countrymen. i think he would maybe have kept driving till 2000, then gone for president of brasil.
i didn't always like him, but i couldn't help but admire his driving.

i will be seeing it on a big screen... telly isn't big enough for this film.

That Sunday was a massive shock..

I was eating my lunch at my parents house and when Murray Walker shouted 'Senna!' and we saw the impact, we knew it was bad..

Never thought it would have killed him, mind..

If you remember in the past a number of people had gone off there and survived..

I was fortunate enough to watch Senna at 10 Grand Prix over the years..

We always gave him stick everytime he passed but was as much out of respect than anything else..

We were there for Mansell, Coulthard, Herbert, Hill, Brundle, etc but everyone knew who was boss...

Would Schumacher have dominated in 94 & 95 had the Williams been up to the job?

And you're right, has to be the big screen...

88ESR
05-06-11, 10:04 PM
Just booked a couple of tickets..

Showing at Metro Centre Gateshead 21st June at 7.15pm..

Taking the wife because she 'loves' F1 soooooooooooo much lol

Is currently showing at the Tyneside Cinema but I fancy the massive screen at the Metro :thumb:

Cannot wait......

Anyone see the Murray Walker doc' on BBC2 tonight?

mowgli
05-06-11, 10:11 PM
i missed murray... damn.... i have his book though.. the man is post war motorsport in this country... yet i think his finest hour was doing the btcc commentaries, back in the rs500 days.. it was just so furious for a spectator that he went truly mental...

i just found out that its showing in local odeons at 8pm on 21/6.... so my fathers day pressie is sorted... the missus is probably coming, but i'm not sure yet..she remembers it to this day too....

novarally
05-06-11, 10:14 PM
Anyone see the Murray Walker doc' on BBC2 tonight?

Yes, an excellent show, particularly the clips of the heady days of 70's and 80's rallycross.

John
05-06-11, 10:15 PM
Yeah walker is a legend!

Have just checked and the only night the senna movie is on is whilst i'm on holiday, GUTTED!

mowgli
05-06-11, 10:22 PM
john, is there some sort of conspiracy against you??? no nats, no senna movie, no project nova??

88ESR
05-06-11, 10:29 PM
Yes, an excellent show, particularly the clips of the heady days of 70's and 80's rallycross.

I liked the parts featuring James Hunt lol

What a star!

Probably one of the last of the old school drivers :thumb:

John
05-06-11, 10:32 PM
john, is there some sort of conspiracy against you??? no nats, no senna movie, no project nova??

Possibly lol (still have one nova though! :) )

scott.parker
05-06-11, 11:16 PM
Yeah its only on on the 21st of June, strange, thought it was out already?

bazil
05-06-11, 11:33 PM
http://www.timeout.com/film/listings/search-listings/?film=Senna&loc=Paisley%2C+Renfrewshire&date=week&search=1

Use this link to search listings in your area

blue_peg_16v
08-06-11, 01:12 PM
It's on 4 times a day in Sheffield at cineworld off tonight orange Wednesday's and pizza express too for 2 for 1 I know how to show the mrs a good time lol

mowgli
08-06-11, 01:19 PM
sorry, mrs & good time aren't meant to be in the same sentence

blue_peg_16v
08-06-11, 01:22 PM
She is gonna be board to tears lol

mowgli
08-06-11, 01:30 PM
my mrs said, 'surely you don't want to go to the cinema on your own?'

and i pointed out that i can merrily sit thru several hours of a film without the need for constant trips to the overpriced kiosk, or the toilet,

and i think it will be full of blokes of our sort of generation trying to do the same.

blue_peg_16v
08-06-11, 01:33 PM
Ah but it's orange Wednesday so she's in for free and since I've spent the last 2 nights on the van taking her out = brownie points lol

rubachuk
08-06-11, 01:44 PM
Just booked mine for the Odeon in Rochdale. 21st at 8.00pm is the only showing

Tony M
08-06-11, 04:28 PM
I just seen clips of this film and it is very distressing. I might lose man points admitting this, but I did have tears in my eyes with the tragic ending :(

Pete
08-06-11, 06:18 PM
I'm off to go watch it on the 21st,
Was going to watch it at broadway but couldnt get a seat :(

novacabrio
08-06-11, 06:36 PM
Has anyone seen it yet? I went and loved it, although I wouldn't say it wasn't brilliant. It lacked anything about Mansell and him other than maybe one clip, and everything else right from the start seemed to just be about his relationship with Prost, or lack of!

The guy is still a legend and will always be one of my heroes

Hayley
08-06-11, 06:50 PM
I think me and Jack are going to see it on the 21st/22nd in yeovil. its only on for one day. tut tut.

Andy
08-06-11, 06:54 PM
I think me and Jack are going to see it on the 21st/22nd in yeovil. its only on for one day. tut tut.
It will be,its hardly going to be an oscar winning blockbuster is it? lol
It appeals to only a certain type of person-ie whose interests are cars/motorsport F1 etc
Therefore only showing for 1 day will make the most cash which is all they care about

Hayley
08-06-11, 06:59 PM
I still think its a shame how little its being shown. I mean, the money thats plowed into Formula 1 and the fan base, you would of thought it might of got maybe at least 2 days screenings. !

Andy
08-06-11, 07:02 PM
I still think its a shame how little its being shown. I mean, the money thats plowed into Formula 1 and the fan base, you would of thought it might of got maybe at least 2 days screenings. !
I think some places have like london and brum???
As i say,people arent going to flock to this,its merely a docu being screened in the cinema to be fair.
I dont even think its being shown AT ALL here,then again the cinema's here are abysmal.

Spudly
08-06-11, 07:02 PM
Im having trouble finding out if or when it is or was on anywhere round here:tard:

blue_peg_16v
08-06-11, 11:45 PM
Spud you need to see it there's a cav turbo in it or since that bit was filmed in Italy a vectra turbo lol

Would recommend a watch even Heather enjoyed it and why this isn't being shown more is beyond me there was literally about 3 seats spare in the cinema and they have been showing it since it came out 4 times a day

scott.parker
09-06-11, 12:36 AM
Guys, I'm ashamed to say Ive found a way to view it from the net...

www.novamov.com

All there bar sub titles...

edit link removed, if you wish serch on that site

blue_peg_16v
09-06-11, 07:46 AM
Tbf subs are needed alot is in brazilian

Hobbit
09-06-11, 08:00 AM
Is that a legal download Scott?

Sturge
09-06-11, 09:15 AM
Nearest one from me is just shy of 40 miles away :(

Edd
09-06-11, 09:25 AM
Is that a legal download Scott?
:eek: Doubt it lol

scott.parker
09-06-11, 01:14 PM
its a online stream just like watching you tube

mowgli
09-06-11, 02:00 PM

the nearest anything is 40 miles from you

adam c
09-06-11, 08:45 PM
Off to go watch it on Sunday,honestly cannot wait to see it:d

Paul
09-06-11, 10:50 PM
On in two cinemas by me, 3/4 or 5 times a day for the next week

Andy
09-06-11, 11:31 PM
Another "everything is light years away from me:cry: " Post by you....
Have you seen Rocky 2 yet????

lol

pete17
11-06-11, 06:47 PM
just got back from watching this movie and it was great :) :) :) lots of good behind the scene footage :) :) recomended too anyone, very intresting :) :) :)

adam c
11-06-11, 08:37 PM
Just been to see this with the girlfriend and thought it was really good!my gf also enjoyed it and she even had a cry at the end!lol.
I recommend it to any petrol head or any one with a slight intrest in motorsport,shows alot of behind the scenes footage and just backs up why he is a legend:thumb:

16VNovaTurbo
13-06-11, 09:28 AM
nice

Hayley
21-06-11, 05:00 PM
Finally got to see this today. Quite a few more people in the cinema than we were expecting. Was a really good film and the behind the scenes bits were interesting. Had a proper lump in my throat at the end (obviously)

I was tempted to wait till it came out on DVD but nothing beats the cinema screen for a film like that.

:thumb:

mowgli
21-06-11, 05:01 PM
don't spoil the plot..... i'm off tonight to the odeon for their only single showing of it!!!!!!

edit.. i've just got back... woooo, that was an intense 2 hrs.. it was amazing, it showed his character in astounding detail, and the ending took me right back to 1994, to a very dark day...

if you have an interest in f1 i'd say this is essential viewing

rubachuk
22-06-11, 02:06 PM
I went last night to what was supposed to be the only showing in my local odeon, although I believe they have now added further screenings. Might explain why it wasn't that busy.

Was a really good watch, tempted even to go see it again. Although I don't remember a lot of the F1 from back then, I do remember when he crashed while trying to humiliate Prost at Monaco and I remember watching the fatal crash.

The behind the scenes footage was good, particularly the drivers briefing when he was arguing the toss with that french maniac in charge of the FIA - Balastre or something. I know the film was always likely to have a slight bias towards Senna, but that guy seemed like a real headcase. His handling of the first Japanese GP "coming together" was as disgraceful as Senna's comeback drive to regain the lead was awesome.

Thought there was bit of hipocracy to parts of it which were overlooked by the slight bias.

Oh, and how many Cav Turbos?!?!

mowgli
22-06-11, 02:13 PM
yeah, i was looking at the cav/vectras thinking when will png notice.....

the in car from the late 80's was way better than the modern stuff though, the steady cam & digital stuff has stopped it looking like you were right there with him.. the footage from when he chased down the benetton, won & then got disqualified was out of this world.

Jack
22-06-11, 03:27 PM
I noticed the Vectra A/Cav turbo thing as well :d

And did a slightly louder-than-I-thought "HA" at the very final statement of the film too :tard: lol lol lol

mowgli
22-06-11, 03:32 PM
i just kept quiet, and didn't even slurp my drink for fear of reprisal... it felt like a funeral service...

ps. was that the Alain Prost thing at the end???? if so, he also promised to never drive a racing car again, then raced gt's, tested his own f1 cars & now ice races too

Jack
22-06-11, 04:01 PM
The statement about Alain Prost being a trustee of the Ayrton Senna Institute

mowgli
22-06-11, 04:03 PM
i think prost genuinely had a grudging respect for senna, but couldn't get past his own ego & admit it.

i see a few parallels in the hamilton/button combo to the prost/senna one... as in one driving by instinct vs. one who thinks his way round....

but somehow i don't think it will get quite so bad this time round.

Adam
22-06-11, 04:29 PM
Cant wait go see this on Sat, if i can get tickets.

My GF's mum & dad watched it last night and said it was the best film theyve seen this year, and half the cinema was in tears at the end.....

mowgli
22-06-11, 04:39 PM
only half??? everyone was in the leicester odeon..

blue_peg_16v
22-06-11, 09:34 PM
yeah, i was looking at the cav/vectras thinking when will png notice.....

the in car from the late 80's was way better than the modern stuff though, the steady cam & digital stuff has stopped it looking like you were right there with him.. the footage from when he chased down the benetton, won & then got disqualified was out of this world.

read back in the thread already mentioned lol

88ESR
24-06-11, 05:38 PM
I went to see it on Tuesday night..

All good, except what happened to 1992 & 1993??

They covered that period in about two minutes..

Half a second's mention of Donnington '93 (possibly Senna's finest hour!!!)..

That said, loved it :thumb:

mowgli
24-06-11, 05:59 PM
92, he was walloped by a flat cap wearing brummie in the most dominant car ever to race....
93, the williams was still truly incredible, yet he still managed to win a few times, but only the brits reckon donington was his greatest ever race...

scott.parker
24-06-11, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqof-uDvUWo&feature=related

88ESR
24-06-11, 11:08 PM
92, he was walloped by a flat cap wearing brummie in the most dominant car ever to race....
93, the williams was still truly incredible, yet he still managed to win a few times, but only the brits reckon donington was his greatest ever race...

Yes but was still two years out of his life that were basically overlooked..

mowgli
24-06-11, 11:24 PM
i thought it was still an important part of the story, but as the film was trying to go from invincible, to possibly flawed yet still amazing and still setting the scene for 1994. they really didn't have time to fit everything in.. the film pretty much completely missed his lower formulae stuff.

88ESR
24-06-11, 11:34 PM
i thought it was still an important part of the story, but as the film was trying to go from invincible, to possibly flawed yet still amazing and still setting the scene for 1994. they really didn't have time to fit everything in.. the film pretty much completely missed his lower formulae stuff.

And of course Prost was missing in '92....

Calamity Josh
25-06-11, 05:39 PM
I thought the film was awsome, the whole cinema (PACKED) stood up and clapped at the end, i also liked the cav 4x4 turbo pace car and i did see a nova when he was riding his bike ad threw off his hat lol