PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass wings

richi
02-06-11, 07:50 PM
need a new set of wings for the nova as they are shot, just wondering if its worth spending the extra money and going for fiberglass, or spend the extra money elsewhere

jonn
02-06-11, 08:00 PM
fiberglass wont rust and is light! what is the price difference between the the steel wings and fiberglass?

richi
02-06-11, 08:05 PM
about 100 notes would prob have to buy new fiberglass wings but can get new but second hand steels

Southie
02-06-11, 08:11 PM
Fibreglass wings - see here ;) >LINK (http://www.cmcomposites.co.uk/)<

Iain
02-06-11, 08:16 PM
Is it a show car or a weekend/track car? I haven't seen any pics of the fitment of the fibreglass ones but I imagine the steel ones will look nicer once all painted etc?

scott.parker
02-06-11, 08:29 PM
Fiberglass wings - see here ;) >LINK (http://www.cmcomposites.co.uk/)<

Your mates with him aren't you, has he ever put pics of his on here with them fitted etc, as if thats £120 for a pair then that imo is a fantastic price as long as they fit really well though.

richi
02-06-11, 08:40 PM
it is a track car, yeah the price seems good just wondering about fitment? also are they worth the extra money or shall i put money towards manifold

Southie
02-06-11, 08:42 PM
Scott I've not seen them fitted as he's moved away from me so don't keep in touch as much tbh, I did see the one made however and they are very very good and even have the correct bolt fittings for all sections.

calibra-keith
02-06-11, 11:10 PM
i personally would go for F/G wings, i will be getting my doors on saturday off Chris.

Plug
03-06-11, 12:21 AM
/\ i think there would be a few members that would its just waiting for that 1st person to buy them to see what they fit like lol

Christ fibreglass doors, my metal ones flex out at the top at speed

Southie
03-06-11, 07:17 AM
Christ fibreglass doors, my metal ones flex out at the top at speed[/QUOTE]
Close, his name is Chris lol

Danb1987
03-06-11, 09:06 AM
Southie do you reckon he could make mk1 saloon wings?

Southie
03-06-11, 09:12 AM
Dan, all he would need (if he hasn't got a pair already) is a set to make the molds off, I suppose its supply and demand though.

Maybe start a poll regarding how many people would be interested in them and after a couple of weeks he's got an idea then.

novarally
03-06-11, 10:13 AM
i personally would go for F/G wings, i will be getting my doors on saturday off Chris.

Very much looking forward to seeing these doors fitted Keith, keep us posted please..........

Edd
03-06-11, 10:54 AM
I'm also interested to see the doors fitted

I take it the hinge issue must be sorted now then

novarally
03-06-11, 11:08 AM
Southie do you reckon he could make mk1 saloon wings?

I thought he'd done saloon wings already?

I know DJBrowney in Kings Lynn had a set of fibreglass saloon wings for sale not so long back, which I think were made by Chris originally.

Southie
03-06-11, 11:14 AM
I thought he'd done saloon wings already?

I know DJBrowney in Kings Lynn had a set of fibreglass saloon wings for sale not so long back, which I think were made by Chris originally.
Looking at his site he's not done a MK1 saloon wing only MK2, maybe they were a special edition.

Danb1987
03-06-11, 11:41 AM
I think a poll should be in order but I doubt many on here will need the round early arches tbf lol

Iain
03-06-11, 12:16 PM
Can you not get a pair of mk2 wings and chop the indicator wraparound bit off? :D

Southie
03-06-11, 12:24 PM
Can you not get a pair of mk2 wings and chop the indicator wraparound bit off? :D
He has a valid point ;)

calibra-keith
03-06-11, 12:55 PM
Very much looking forward to seeing these doors fitted Keith, keep us posted please..........

if i get time i will be looking at fitting some time next week hopefully.

richi
03-06-11, 04:15 PM
where is he located keith? or are you getting the doors posted? just wondering how much weight is saved on the doors and the wings

calibra-keith
03-06-11, 04:25 PM
where is he located keith? or are you getting the doors posted? just wondering how much weight is saved on the doors and the wings

will be collecting them, Keighley about 85 mile from me but if your from rochdale about 30 miles

novarally
03-06-11, 05:26 PM
just wondering how much weight is saved on the doors and the wings

That's the answer everyone is waiting for.

16xe_chris
03-06-11, 07:07 PM
Your mates with him aren't you, has he ever put pics of his on here with them fitted etc, as if thats £120 for a pair then that imo is a fantastic price as long as they fit really well though.

Hi Scott,

I'm still waiting on people to take pictures of there cars with my wings fitted, plenty of them have gone all over the country and also a set went over the water but as yet no photos have been sent back.

Calibra keith will give everyone a thumbs up or down by next week :thumb:

Hopefully with some weights lol

Mk1 Saloon wings are not a problem, unfortunately due to family circumstances i couldn't get them sorted, but once we've moved house i will be making them.

Chris