PDA

View Full Version : anyone know this nova?

jonn
01-06-11, 08:07 PM
anyone have any information or know about this mid engined rally nova?
http://www.motorsportads.com/race-cars/saloon-cars/12681.html

http://www.motorsportads.com/assets/products/6269-12681-51322.jpg

TeddyThom
01-06-11, 08:08 PM
Colin Smith would be the likeliest (sp??) person to know, drop him an e-mail.

ryansnova
01-06-11, 08:10 PM
look at the rear wheels lol lol

Murray
01-06-11, 08:14 PM
Think i've still got a copy of CCC kicking about with that car featured in the car clinic with Dave Walker.

I'll see if I can dig it out.

boffer8
03-06-11, 12:45 AM
IIRC, it was a rear wheel drive ,mid engine, 1.6 16v powered rally car, was on ebay a few months back (or even years maybe now?) Think it had a bowyer engine in it and was lengthened in wheel base (thats why the rear wheels are further back in the arches) to try and help the handling and to try and cut down the snappy rear kicking that it previously experienced.

calibra-keith
03-06-11, 12:58 AM
was on ebay a couple of times within the last two weeks, think i have it saved if someone wants link.

honie5
03-06-11, 07:21 AM
I'm sure Colin bought this think he's breaking a few parts off it!

Mike
03-06-11, 08:38 PM
Was for sale on eBay last summer.

novarally
03-06-11, 08:55 PM
I'm sure Colin bought this think he's breaking a few parts off it!

It's been on EBAY about 5 times now.

I certainly haven't bought it!

The guy trying to sell it seems to know little about the specification of it, I asked several times for the full spec. list, and he hasn't provided it.

He claims it has an all steel engine but I very much doubt that considering the relatively low price he wants for it. I asked him if he had receipts for the engine and surprisingly got no reply......

It was indeed featured in 'CCC' some years back, I seem to remember that it was rather overweight.

jonn
03-06-11, 08:59 PM
i found the old ebay link and sent him a message so i will see if he replys

novarally
03-06-11, 09:28 PM
To add to my thread above, I'm now a bit confused.

There's a lot more information in that 'Motorsport Ads' advert (which I hadn't seen before), when it was on EBAY there was almost no information on the spec.

And even stranger is the fact that I had an e-mail offering me the car for £3,500 or thereabouts, but he has it advertised on there at £9,750?!!!