PDA

View Full Version : K767 HUA coming up for sale

DrCath
01-06-11, 10:40 AM
Hello all,

Just getting a for sale thread ready and trying to put pics up but need 15 posts first :)

jaygsi
01-06-11, 10:43 AM
Sweet whats the spec?

DrCath
01-06-11, 10:45 AM
It's fairly unchanged since Nick J built it and it was TV featured

DrCath
01-06-11, 10:46 AM
2.1 twin 45's, coilovers and a fantastic red shell :)

jaygsi
01-06-11, 10:48 AM
Look forward to seeing it

davidfox280585
01-06-11, 10:49 AM
this is a lovely car

jaygsi
01-06-11, 10:50 AM
I wana see i wana see

DrCath
01-06-11, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys... More pics coming soon :)

jaygsi
01-06-11, 10:55 AM
Looks good, engine and inside pics needed though

Pistol Pete
01-06-11, 10:58 AM
Just seen the FS thread (pics in there for those who want a look)

Hold the front page. A car that is well known on here and in Nova circles that is up for sale again, at a very reasonable price!! Hope it stays within this community, and in one piece!

jaygsi
01-06-11, 11:36 AM
Yea hope no looser buys it. Needs to be dry stored, i would buy it but out of my budget

L14MNP
01-06-11, 11:50 AM
Always been one of my favourites from the newer generation of Nova build.

A stunning car, and as said, that's certainly a fair price! Personally I would stick a test on it though. Even if it will walk the next one, it's worthwhile for the buyers peace of mind plus it makes it a more attractive purchase for the sake of £40(ish).

Good luck getting it moved on to another decent owner mate!

daz_9124
01-06-11, 01:06 PM
Thats a cracking price

Im bloody tempted, urrrggghhhh

Maka
01-06-11, 03:03 PM
Real sweet motor, alot of car for the money for the right buyer..

Pistol Pete
01-06-11, 06:12 PM
Now sold. According the the FS thread. The vultures will soon be circling...if they are not already!

Bubba
01-06-11, 06:26 PM
one of my favorites...even if it is a mk2 :p lets hope it doesnt get broken :(

Lee H
01-06-11, 06:39 PM
Sold far too cheap and definitely worth more in parts unfortunately!

Southie
01-06-11, 06:43 PM
Any Colin Smith gen lol

Nick J
01-06-11, 06:49 PM
Im unsure how I feel about it all said and done........ I think I would have really liked to see the car again at a show If it was in good order. But then their is a part of me that wouldnt mind it being broken as I dont want to see it on the show circuit being enjoyed by someone else! Sometimes I think I should'nt sold it and just enjoyed it for a bit longer? I know my bank balance would have been a lot better off if I had of done thats for certain!! lol

Nick.

Mieran
01-06-11, 06:51 PM
Colin if you break this, I'll take the shell!

Pistol Pete
01-06-11, 07:14 PM
Now sold. According the the FS thread. The vultures will soon be circling...if they are not already!

Colin if you break this, I'll take the shell!

See!! lol :p ;)

Edd
01-06-11, 07:19 PM
Im unsure how I feel about it all said and done........ I think I would have really liked to see the car again at a show If it was in good order. But then their is a part of me that wouldnt mind it being broken as I dont want to see it on the show circuit being enjoyed by someone else! Sometimes I think I should'nt sold it and just enjoyed it for a bit longer? I know my bank balance would have been a lot better off if I had of done thats for certain!! lol

Nick.
Open your garage door that will tell you how you feel about :d

I'd much rather have your mk1 SR tbh Nick

Jeff16v
01-06-11, 08:05 PM
Would of been nice for it to stay in one piece and live on. Maybe Colin fancies breathing life for a change!

ryansnova
01-06-11, 08:08 PM
this car is minted too i hop that colin seas the light and does not brake it because its to nice to brake lol

Southie
01-06-11, 08:13 PM
Of course he'll break it, there's money to be made and how else will he fund his hillclimber Nova ;) Tbh I sent a few mates the link of the for sale advert and all of them said it's a cracking car worth breaking lol
Infact the hardest thing usually is getting rid of the shell but by the looks of it Merian need one to replace his rally shell so Colin will be quids in.

SRimon
01-06-11, 08:21 PM
Shame to see it end like that. Can't deny making money, i'm the first to admit i'd make a quid if I could.

I came within hours of buying this car, twice as it happens....! Hopefully Colin will keep the shell all but complete.

ben doodar
01-06-11, 09:47 PM
such a shame to see this car broken for parts! one of the best things was the paintwork, and we all know its hard to sell shells on. hopefully itll go to mieran or to another good home.

At the end of the day if colin has bought it, (which im not sure if we know if he has yet) hes a buisness man so see's it as money to be made. tatally fair enough!

Im not going to ask how much you sold it for nick. but id of thought it had been sold on for 4k+

Spudly
02-06-11, 07:02 PM
I like the way everyone always assumes that Colin has or will buy to break, yet you all forget that he tries his hardest to sell on in one piece, most of the cars that really are worth keeping together, look at his widearched XE and Kevs old yellow XE but to name two examples, Colin doesnt buy to kill, he buys to gain profit, but alas it seems noone is willing to pay good money, so due to the lack of demand for the whole vehicle, and the sheer demand for the components he is left with no other choice, in all fairness it is us that kills them by not buying them whole:eek:

That was quite an in depth and thought out post, methinks i need to sit down and have a beer lol

Southie
02-06-11, 07:18 PM
Still believe he'll break it though lol More money to be made with him buying it so cheap.

Yes I'm having a beer btw lol

Graeme
02-06-11, 07:19 PM
Very selfish I know but I'd like a few bits of it when he does break it, I've always loved the bonnet and steering cowling

Southie
02-06-11, 07:22 PM
Very selfish I know but I'd like a few bits of it when he does break it, I've always loved the bonnet and steering cowling
http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/v_1d/vulture.gif

Nick J
02-06-11, 08:09 PM
I like the way everyone always assumes that Colin has or will buy to break, yet you all forget that he tries his hardest to sell on in one piece, most of the cars that really are worth keeping together, look at his widearched XE and Kevs old yellow XE but to name two examples, Colin doesnt buy to kill, he buys to gain profit, but alas it seems noone is willing to pay good money, so due to the lack of demand for the whole vehicle, and the sheer demand for the components he is left with no other choice, in all fairness it is us that kills them by not buying them whole:eek:

That was quite an in depth and thought out post, methinks i need to sit down and have a beer lol

Ive heard Colin has agreed a fee and is collecting tommorow. Ive no doubt it will be broken as thats were the money is and what Id have done If I had the money to buy it back. You are correct in what you say though as when it comes to selling a nova like that you do have a limited market. I had three genuine people interested when I sold it and took approx 4.5k for it in the end. As said though Its probably worth more in bits and easier to sell. A vague list with approximate parts prices is below........

Well spec'd Xe engine with omegas,qed cams,solids,lightened bottom end etc/carbs,dizzy setup,fuel reg,hoses and carbon covers.... 1200.

Gearbox with quaife... 400.

Low mileage shell Painted in ferrari red with very neatly stitch welded bay,smooth widened wings and quarters, delocked straight doors,early bootlid and spoiler,clifford cat 1,carbon tags etc which was in stunning order..... 1000.

Cage/rear brace.... 300

Seats/harnesses..... 200

5 black allesios with excellent tyres... 400

Flock dash,shelves,centre console,b/c pillar trims and sunvisors.... 100

Carbon door/qtr/boot trims....150

Carbon dash pieces,steering cowel, a pillar trims and wiper backplate... 200

Almost new Gaz coilovers.... 300

That comes to £4250!!!!!!

Then you would have parts like the rear disc beam,v6 front brakes, New stainless exhaust, sideskirts and the list goes on. Some parts above will make less and some will make more but a huge profit without doubt was their to be made. Colin was quick off the blocks so good luck to him. ;)

Nick.

Spudly
02-06-11, 08:59 PM
Oh dont get me wrong on that one Nick, it just seems there seem to be a lot of almost 'anti-Colin' digs and it just annoyed me as Colin himself has told me countless times that it actually annoys him to have to scrap or break good cars/shells but noone will buy them to save them from the crusher!

Andy
02-06-11, 09:06 PM
The way i see it is that the guy is there to make money,not friends...
Fair play to him.

7ova
02-06-11, 09:19 PM
end of the day its up to the new owner
what they do with the car!

most people wouldnt want to see it stripped
but there's lots of people wanting to buy parts of it!

if it is colin, like nick said
its his to do with what ever he wants

jaygsi
02-06-11, 10:37 PM
Ive heard Colin has agreed a fee and is collecting tommorow. Ive no doubt it will be broken as thats were the money is and what Id have done If I had the money to buy it back. You are correct in what you say though as when it comes to selling a nova like that you do have a limited market. I had three genuine people interested when I sold it and took approx 4.5k for it in the end. As said though Its probably worth more in bits and easier to sell. A vague list with approximate parts prices is below........

Well spec'd Xe engine with omegas,qed cams,solids,lightened bottom end etc/carbs,dizzy setup,fuel reg,hoses and carbon covers.... 1200.

Gearbox with quaife... 400.

Low mileage shell Painted in ferrari red with very neatly stitch welded bay,smooth widened wings and quarters, delocked straight doors,early bootlid and spoiler,clifford cat 1,carbon tags etc which was in stunning order..... 1000.

Cage/rear brace.... 300

Seats/harnesses..... 200

5 black allesios with excellent tyres... 400

Flock dash,shelves,centre console,b/c pillar trims and sunvisors.... 100

Carbon door/qtr/boot trims....150

Carbon dash pieces,steering cowel, a pillar trims and wiper backplate... 200

Almost new Gaz coilovers.... 300

That comes to £4250!!!!!!Nick.

LOL thats not 4250 lad its 3250

Hadly worth all the hastle of stripping for that price. If the car was wrecked fair enough but who ever strips cars like that in my book is a prat, be less hastle to list it for 4000 and wait

blue_peg_16v
02-06-11, 10:47 PM
tbf if i was doing what colin is doing (racing the hillclimbe car) i wouldnt think twice about braking it, if i had the money i would of bought it for the gearbox and sold the rest of in parts there are alot more parts that will make money than nick has listed, fuel pump regulator fuel tank etc theres alot of money to be made out of the car and if the guy who built it says if he had the pennies hed of bought it and broke it how can colin be a knob bet you have never even met the guy, the sad fact is novas are worth more in bits and by breaking them hes helping other projects so keeping more on the road and he always offers the shells forsale too so if people choose not to buy them you cant blame the guy for weighing them in jesus if he didnt the mythical feild in spain would actualy exist in linconshire, and how is it less hastle its a very limited market to get what that car is worth and its still worth more than 4k in parts and lets be fair a days work and it will be fully striped, so makes sence in my book

blue_peg_16v
02-06-11, 10:49 PM

Hadly worth all the hastle of stripping for that price. If the car was wrecked fair enough but who ever strips cars like that in my book is a prat, be less hastle to list it for 4000 and wait

you also can not add up

bazil
02-06-11, 10:55 PM
There will always be members on here ready to though shoite at folk who buy novas and break them,

Vaughan is a classic example.

Now let's say colin did buy this car, as far as I know he usually list the bits on here before eBay.

Say he took the hump and didn't offer us any bits and just stuck everything on the bay, that would leave many of us stuggling to outbid each other.

This nova was very nice, it's won awards etc etc, if it get broke then it will help others with there cars.

Atleast it'll never end up like H1 GTE. ( I think that was the reg lol )

scott.parker
02-06-11, 10:57 PM

lol it is..

Spudly
02-06-11, 11:03 PM

Step away from the keyboard and acquaint yourself with a calculator mate, then think again before you slate someone youve not met, eh?

bazil
02-06-11, 11:04 PM
At this point all I'll say is

IBTL lol

Spudly
02-06-11, 11:05 PM
At this point all I'll say is

IBTL lol

You will never beat me at that game dude LOL :p

lol

bazil
02-06-11, 11:08 PM
Well I can never get

IATL lol

Spudly
02-06-11, 11:18 PM
This is very true, only the select few can play that game:p

lol

mk1nova_rich
02-06-11, 11:30 PM
Same old story...people won't stump up the cash for stuff then moan when it gets binned/broken etc. You will be waiting forever trying to sell a complete Nova for £4k :wtf: I wouldn't blame Colin at all if he didn't list stuff on here before ebay, very few people on here have the money to match their mouth

jaygsi
03-06-11, 12:59 AM
Step away from the keyboard and acquaint yourself with a calculator mate, then think again before you slate someone youve not met, eh?

So if not 3250 what did you work it out as?

Don'y take any notice of me i'm just in a grumpy mood :mad:

peester
03-06-11, 06:10 AM
you must have missed the first £1000 for engine..?

Southie
03-06-11, 06:56 AM
So if not 3250 what did you work it out as?

Don'y take any notice of me i'm just in a grumpy mood :mad:
Your wrong that's all you need to know!!!

It's early and I'm in a good mood have some -rep lol

jaygsi
03-06-11, 10:18 AM
lol yea i missed the 1000 grand for something.

I'm happier this morning, although i hope someone buys the shell and rebuilds it into something

Spudly
03-06-11, 06:10 PM
Silly Jay, glad you took your chiding in good spirit, otherwise i wouldve made you stand in the corner writing lines lol

Andy
03-06-11, 06:13 PM
You will never beat me at that game dude LOL :p

lol
im good at IBTL:(

Spudly
03-06-11, 06:21 PM
I think you and Liamp are the champions of it lol

Rick Draper
04-06-11, 05:31 AM
TBH good luck to Colin breaking it. IMHO he will be hard pressed to get some of the prices quoted in this thread as people in the vauxhall world always want something for nothing and you end up sitting on parts for a while till you get a sensible offer. Its like trying to get blood out of a stone sometimes!

Southie
04-06-11, 06:59 AM
TBH good luck to Colin breaking it. IMHO he will be hard pressed to get some of the prices quoted in this thread as people in the vauxhall world always want something for nothing and you end up sitting on parts for a while till you get a sensible offer. Its like trying to get blood out of a stone sometimes!
How much of your old red Nova have you still got then lol

Rick Draper
04-06-11, 07:08 AM
How much of your old red Nova have you still got then lol

Nothing as a lot of the expensive bits were none vauxhall specific :thumb: Plus people had more cash lay around back then.

bazil
04-06-11, 07:13 AM
Meh I'm sure if the bits go on eBay with a title of

""RARE NOVA GSI REDTOP LET XE SPORT RALLY RACE NOT VTEC""
they will do well....

Bubba
04-06-11, 08:29 AM
its when he buys cav turbos for breaking ill start shaking my fist in anger lol lol

scott.parker
04-06-11, 09:19 AM
Rick i get what your saying, but if you put a good price on something thats 2nd hand it will sell, its people who want what they paid on things is why there stuff dont sell, ive never really strugled to sell as i belive i price up right.

And Bazil listings like that get deleted now,ebay are wise to that, its stops you wasting you time when you search for items an get something random.

Ive spoke to Colin, hes not going to break it unless no one buys it, so it will be for sale again as a hole car most likely on ebay, so some one could get another bargain!

Scott

Rick Draper
04-06-11, 11:05 AM
I know what you mean Scott but people do always try and low ball you.

Glad he is intending on not breaking it, its a very nice motor and clearly Nick put a lot of time and effort into it.

scott.parker
04-06-11, 11:16 AM
TBF if i was to advertise the BTB type c manifold i sold a few years back now, I'm sure no one would buy it for what it sold for then, as it was a good price IMO, a guy came from York to buy it for £295, but they were close to £500 new so he knew it was a good deal, but i will admit now i had it in the garage fro two years after buying from cosvaux when they sold up, and i got it for £260 lol

Nick J
04-06-11, 12:20 PM
Update..... Car has sold complete so Colin wont be breaking. Ive been told by the new owners that the car will be extremely well cared for and once cleaned back up to a top standard will hit the shows next year. As for who it is I'll let them reveal when they are good and ready. ;) But I wish them all the best with it and if needs be I'll help when and were I can.

Nick.

Andy
04-06-11, 12:21 PM
Why are Nova sales so cloak and dagger?!
Its a car for christ sake lol
Imagine Ford salesman to his boss-"well weve just shifted a new transit" "who to,ill get the invoice printed"-"i'll let them reveal themselves on the internet when theyre ready"
Wtf?!

Spudly
04-06-11, 12:55 PM
Lol at Andy its that Nick doesnt want to steal the new owners thunder by saying its so and so thats bought it, then they come on to say 'hey look peeps ive bought this' only to get everyone turning round and saying 'we know' lol

Glad someone has stumped up some dollars for it and Colin hasnt had to break it as its a stunning car:thumb:

scott.parker
04-06-11, 01:01 PM
well fact is if they gave Colin say £300 more then he got it for it was worth him collecting it on his trailer just to gain a few hundred out of it..

Jeff16v
04-06-11, 01:33 PM
I was hoping to buy the carbon interior bitslol

Lee H
04-06-11, 02:25 PM
Didn't realise it was a Cat C write off!

K767HUA has multiple insurance loss records. Most serious is vehicle damage category=C. Loss date 13-10-2005.
Help 08444821954

Spudly
04-06-11, 02:40 PM
It probably had a quarterlight smashed or door lock broken at some point in its life, thats why my old red one was written off lol

bainyboy sr
04-06-11, 02:48 PM
cat c and d, but as spud said prob just light panel damage didnt no it was originaly green either

Rick Draper
04-06-11, 03:08 PM
Its got a more shady history than that Brown sport LOL.

I hope the new owner is aware of its past?

Edd
04-06-11, 03:32 PM
A nova can be written off for a headlight bulb so its probably not as bad a someone might think

The brown Sport is a totally different scenario altogether lol

Rick Draper
04-06-11, 03:48 PM
It can also be written off if its had a front ender....

Nick J
04-06-11, 03:52 PM
Didn't realise it was a Cat C write off!

K767HUA has multiple insurance loss records. Most serious is vehicle damage category=C. Loss date 13-10-2005.
Help 08444821954

As said in the total vauxhall feature..... It was built up into a shell that had a bump but it was very minimal being a wing,headight,bumper etc nothing structural. The guy used it as he was taken aback by its great condition and low mileage when he came across it. It was never something that was hidden and shaun was aware of it when he bought it also. At least its an honest nova unlike a fair few out their that have used I.d's from other shells. Its surprising how many are out their when you check up! Takes nothing away from the car at all but thats just my opinion.

Nick.

MK999
04-06-11, 03:54 PM
It can also be written off if its had a front ender....

So what if it has tbh? Nick obviously rebuilt it to a very high standard, I think you'd notice anything that wasn't perfectly straight in that paint finishlol

NOVA saloon
04-06-11, 03:59 PM
My saloon is a cat C because of a cracked n/s indicator. Which is still in it now lol.

Glad the nova is still alive lol.

bainyboy sr
04-06-11, 04:04 PM
As said in the total vauxhall feature..... It was built up into a shell that had a bump but it was very minimal being a wing,headight,bumper etc nothing structural. The guy used it as he was taken aback by its great condition and low mileage when he came across it. It was never something that was hidden and shaun was aware of it when he bought it also. At least its an honest nova unlike a fair few out their that have used I.d's from other shells. Its surprising how many are out their when you check up! Takes nothing away from the car at all but thats just my opinion.

Nick.

the car is awesome and you made it mint, your was worth every penny you sold it for and i would pay that if i has the money

Adam
04-06-11, 04:27 PM
So Colin HASN'T bought it?

Just checked the for sale ad, thats quite a car for the money! Absolute bargain for its spec.

scott.parker
04-06-11, 05:04 PM
No he did but some ones made him an offer for more then he paid, i no colin did buy it he told me the other day, lol you only have to ask some one.

jaygsi
11-06-11, 12:07 AM
Silly Jay, glad you took your chiding in good spirit, otherwise i wouldve made you stand in the corner writing lines lol

The good old days ;)

Ben
11-06-11, 08:08 AM
lol at the cat c problem, nigh on all novas have had new rear quarters, sills and front panels due to rot, this one has had a tiny bump and people are moaning! I would much rather own a very clean and tidy example that has had a cat c for minor damage than a reshelled ringer that half of the site drive round!

blue_peg_16v
11-06-11, 09:28 AM
My saloon was cat c 9 years ago when I bought it and all it needed was a full lock set ignition cowling cost £50 to put right. (cost of lock set from Vauxhall) and a quick straightening of the boot and drivers door lock holes I wouldn't worry about a cat c tbf a few years ago novas were worth nothing so a scratch could write one off my saloon was 1 owner from new done 36k and bar the lock damage was immaculate at the time