PDA

View Full Version : help setting up carb

stewart_2004
29-05-11, 08:05 PM
Hey all,

How do I go about setting up the carb on my 1.4 nova. How much does the mixture screw need to be turned ? I have had a search but cant find much info any help would be good.

autograss_racer
30-05-11, 12:07 AM
For a rough guide get a colortune, follow instructions in the box. They work ok. Worth doing as you can end up melting rings if it's lean and too hot.

Then when you're keen go to a rolling road, it's worth it.

stewart_2004
30-05-11, 12:52 PM
cheers for the info ive seen someone on here say about screwing the mixture screw fully in the 2 & half turns out does this sound correct ?

autograss_racer
30-05-11, 07:31 PM
Don't know, I don't run a Pierburg but I'd be very wary of that, each setup is different at the age and condition of our car's engines now.
Without some kind of feedback I wouldn't be confident in making any adjustments or relying on the setup at all. You can use a colortune, gas analyser or a rolling road.

stewart_2004
30-05-11, 10:52 PM
ive got a gas analyser ive read in the manual that it needs to be 0.5 to 1.5 co at idle.

autograss_racer
02-06-11, 12:58 AM
sounds good to me, go set it up!

Will only give you a reading at idle, but thats as good as starting place as any, if the carb is working fine then that's all you should need to do.