PDA

View Full Version : charge cooler kit questions

scorge01
29-05-11, 12:24 PM
ok iv been thinking about running one of these but am unsure of exactly how they work i get that they force cold air in so would this be better than a fromt mount on hot days and what sorta power can they cope with? also anyone whos owned one or knew anyone thats had one how would they rate them?

any help would be appreciated :)
cheers mark

walker-nova
29-05-11, 01:02 PM
Have a look at the courteney one turbo-boy is selling it seem to be the kit to get im sure if u phoned him in ask he could tell you everything you would need to no. I think he was going to run phase 2 chips which iirc is around 280bhp

scorge01
29-05-11, 01:28 PM
cheers mate its his that i would be buying if i do decide to have one just wanted to see what people think of them and if they are indeed better than the fmic will give him a shout shortly cheers mate :thumb:

walker-nova
29-05-11, 01:47 PM
No problem i seen the kit installed in his let gte nova and its a very neat set-up

scorge01
29-05-11, 01:52 PM
yeah it does seem look really good in the car and would fill that empty space above the gearbox quite well. what did he have the tank thing mounted to mounted to?

Will F
29-05-11, 03:47 PM
I have that exact one and its OK on std chips, but even on P1 the charge temps start creeping into the 50s!

I am about to get a bigger pre-rad, as the one that comes in the kit is tiny!

Some people run the std let i/c too, which would help, but you shouldnt have to tbh

scorge01
29-05-11, 04:32 PM
cheers mate so would you recommend the charge cooler over the lyks of a 8l fmic as thats what was planning on running but im not to sure now and the charge cooler would make it an easier fit :)

Will F
30-05-11, 02:06 AM
I only fitted the c/c. as I have no room at all for a fmic - if you can fit a decent fmic, then go for it!