PDA

View Full Version : xe nova (lpg)

turbojolt
29-05-11, 03:52 AM
right hopefully my nova wll be finished soon but as it will be my daily runner im thinking of having it converted to lpg as i will be doing loads of motorway miles any thourghts on this good or bad :thumb:

cheers guys

blue_peg_16v
29-05-11, 08:06 AM
Good but needs a proPer set up or will burn out the valves

Pancho
29-05-11, 09:15 AM
its not too hard really, but the price is a killer. use a donut tank in the boot wheelwell. a basic gas mixer on the throttle body and some easy wiring. the key element is using gas paste on all joints and running and securing the pipes in a safe manner. plus the filler has to be sited externally so that means drilling a hole in the body. do some google searching. it will need certifying by a proper installer before road use, and tuning properly. any more questions?

John
29-05-11, 09:43 AM
buy a cheap snotter for a daily.

Will F
29-05-11, 10:16 AM
XE Novas are pretty good on fuel - so the cost of the LPG conversion is pointless really

Pancho
29-05-11, 10:25 AM
actually you will also see a smallish power gain and the engine will run cleaner and pull better. :thumb:

Spudly
29-05-11, 10:34 AM
If you want info or personal experience with an XE on lpg, speak to Joff, his vectra estate was running lpg before he XE'd it and has been running with it on the XE for years now:thumb:

Pancho
29-05-11, 10:38 AM
i convert lpg cars on a daily basis, and we have done a few sr20det and rb26dett engines that run sequential lpg, and see massive increases in power. but a sequential kit is big money..... for the o.p's application as said a inlet gas mixer is the best option.

blue_peg_16v
29-05-11, 11:08 AM
There is a bolt on mixer available for the xe on eBay to from Poland I've ordered a few bits off them and there rapid with the postage

Jonlem
29-05-11, 11:18 AM
What kits do you fit pancho ?

I'm trained on Prins, Brc, Ag and a couple of others

Are you using a flashlube system on the Japanese engines ?

As for the Xe engine, fine on gas but your not going to get a very big tank in a nova so I can't really see the point.

Pistol Pete
29-05-11, 11:22 AM
buy a cheap snotter for a daily.

As for the Xe engine, fine on gas but your not going to get a very big tank in a nova so I can't really see the point.

Very valid points IMO.

And for what a kit could cost, a daily cheapo could be obtained from ebay for example.

Pancho
29-05-11, 11:42 AM
What kits do you fit pancho ?

I'm trained on Prins, Brc, Ag and a couple of others

Are you using a flashlube system on the Japanese engines ?

impco stuff, and alot of chinese sequential kits which are a bit rough and basic but do the job well. we also fit the italian stuff too ( names gone from my head), we flashlube pretty much every one we fit, as a precaution. it works bloody well. we also fit diesel gas kits, which are frankly amazing.

you would prob get a 310 circ tank in it, enough for 52ltrs gas capacity but your boot will dissapear. we fit those to daihatsu terios's.

turbojolt
30-05-11, 06:16 PM
Cheers guys for all your advice, by the looks of it it appears not to be worth doing the conversion lol