PDA

View Full Version : sri speed sensor

swedge
28-05-11, 02:24 PM
right theres been a few threads on this

do all sri's come with speed sensors?

i have a c14se from a corsa (coilpack version)

when i removed my engine from the donor i dont remember removing a speed sensor?

my car did cut out a few times when dipping the clutch

anyone know the wiring for the speed sensor? what wire from the ecu is for the speed sensor?

i have a digi dash fitted now, my car is in the painters atm and havent driven it properly since overhauling the engine

i cleaned out the icv and fitted a new sensor so dont know if it still cuts out or not

could i use the signal wire from the digi dash transducer as a singal for the speed sensor?

just need to know which wire to connect it to the ecu

swedge
30-05-11, 06:15 AM
Anyone?

swedge
30-05-11, 03:08 PM
im not the best at ut using diagrams so correct me if im wrong

looking at the wiring diagrams for the c14/16se the only thing i can see the vss to be is the distance sensor as theres no speed sensor named in the list its P14 on 14.41 in the haynes if anyone wants to double check for me

it says the sensor has brown a black and a blue/red coming from it, the black is the switched live and the brown is the earth

the red/blue must be the signal wire as the goes back to the ecu plug, so in theory if the digi dash transducer works like the vss i could just tap into the blue/red and run that to my ecu?

anyone fancy confirming this for me before i try anything?