PDA

View Full Version : c20xe wont start

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 11:47 AM
right story is! i got the car last week got it home Saturday,
its been stood in garden since. Now when it comes to start it it wont have any of it...

we got it home fine drove 45+ miles no problem.

there's no spark? the thing that gets me is how can something just die when its been stood 4 days?

I've got a feeling its the coil or ECU any ways how to test ecu and how do i test coil?

If you could help i would much appreciate it. even more if you could text me some help. 07598536925

Tony M
27-05-11, 12:10 PM
Have you checked the spark plugs then?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 12:14 PM
yer theres no spark

maddogdaz666
27-05-11, 12:19 PM
you seem to attract engine problems lol is it in a nova or still in the origional car? Check the wiring, especially the black ign live wire.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 01:23 PM
you seem to attract engine problems lol is it in a nova or still in the origional car? Check the wiring, especially the black ign live wire.

Ino lol, and its in nova, was running sat for few days and its died. turns over no spark.. where does my ig live wire want to go? and also would it not run if my dash wasnt working right I.E bulbs brok?

davidfox280585
27-05-11, 01:55 PM
have you 2 accounts as you posted already for parts for this?

your ign live is near your coil single black wire,dash wont make any difference

shed-on-wheels
27-05-11, 02:08 PM
try run a live from the bat straight to the coil and crank it

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 02:36 PM
yer got members one just logged on to the one my pc remembered..

and i have a few single black wires round there... the thing is its run already and drove fine... so unless a ign live wire has come off then in theory it should be fine?

shed on wheels... will that work? would that blow coil? also aren't they meant to have a key chip or something? its really got me this one i have no idea...

Will F
27-05-11, 03:35 PM
Does the EML come on with ignition?
The fuel pump relay can cause no spark or fuel if its pooped.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 03:48 PM
dont no where wire is for elm its not wired in or if it is its not flashing.. and im not sure where fuel relay is? the fuel pump is wired to a switch for me :\ and theres power going to the coil did a light test and the black ign wire coming from the coil lit up the bulb when i ground it.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 03:49 PM
Think i need to find the fuel pump relay. is this situated in the firewall like on the 1.6's? as i have a relay under dash with about 6 wires going in. should it tick or click or something sorry am a pain im peed off with the thing.

swedge
27-05-11, 04:10 PM
should click when your turn the key

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 05:20 PM
definitely wasn't clicking or making noise... any one no what colour or how many for that fact go into it as mine has about 7 and ones a big red one from mem.

davidfox280585
27-05-11, 06:14 PM
fuel relay is part of the xe wiring loom should be near the grommet where it goes through the bulkhead

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
27-05-11, 07:36 PM
would that be inside or under bonnet as i have no relays on the loom in the engine bay but have one neer the fuse box (not in it) likr 8 inch away. is there any way to test coil? think thats ****ed tbh... would the furel relay make the coil not work?