PDA

View Full Version : headlining material

stevenf
27-05-11, 01:37 AM
anyone know where i can get the same fabric thats in the nova for the headlinings? already got samples from www.segalmotortrimmings.net (http://www.segalmotortrimmings.net) but the colour and texture was wrong :( going to re do mine as there is a few rips in it

Pistol Pete
27-05-11, 01:51 PM
Mk1 or mk2?

I had the same issue (mk2 BTW). Managed to find some fabric from a dress making shop near me. £10 for the material. Its not the same as the original, that is very weird material. Kind of plastic coated.

Have a look in my WIP for pics.

With regards to making a new one, unpick the stitching from the old one. Its a PITA, but you can use it as a template then. It is cut to fit the form of the roof.

stevenf
27-05-11, 03:17 PM
Its for a mk 2 and I Already got one unpicked. Only took a minute or so to do it lol the joys of working as An upholsterer means I have the tools for doing it quickly. The material is a sort of PVC. If I can find the correct material I may make up a few

Royston
27-05-11, 06:22 PM
Very hard to find exact pattern, been looking myself, other patterns available.

Nova_Tek
27-05-11, 07:21 PM
Just do it in white alcantara :)

stevenf
28-05-11, 01:51 AM
Very hard to find exact pattern, been looking myself, other patterns available.

Yeah I know its hard to match. Even been trying through work but the closest I have found has been from segal motor trimmings. It was the plain light grey but its a little bit darker and the texture is a very close match. Was hoping to find the exact one though to make a few because no one seems to sell them anywhere. Or I could just make it in whatever fabric they want it done in lol.