PDA

View Full Version : headlight fault

Byron69
25-06-03, 12:52 PM
has n e 1 else had this problem?

the light switch is turned off and so is the ignition but the headlights remain on. the switch has been changed and checked and is ok.

so everytime i park up at night i have to jump out and disconnect the lights to shag a bird! :twisted:

Dicko
25-06-03, 02:04 PM
has it always done that or u been messin wiv wires :|

Byron69
25-06-03, 02:13 PM
its always worked perfect, but it woz rainin heavy the night it fucked up, but the only changes i've done recently to the electrics is replacing the ignition coil.

n e ideas?

dave.gsi
25-06-03, 02:17 PM
dodgy alarm/immob may be? depends if its wired to the lights (mine was in my last sr)

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 02:24 PM
remove the box attached to the drivers side parcel shelf.... caution it will be very hot if the lights have been on.... there is no need to replace it

Byron69
25-06-03, 04:53 PM
its definatly not the alarm coz it's seperate from the lights and it woz fitted properly by sextons, ive changed the relays, switch and checked the fuses, the only thing i can think of is that it could be the high beam/indicator stalk, n e help would be much appreciated!

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 06:49 PM
i've just told u what it is!!!

rhumphris
25-06-03, 07:03 PM
could be a jammed relay for the lights (under the fusebox) remove the relay, use a continuity checker on the contacts there should be no connection with the relay off

Byron69
27-06-03, 05:44 PM
right it's definatly not the relays i replaced them all and theres no change, and ste_sa i haven't a clue what ur on about, can u be more technical rather than just callin it a box that might be hot :roll:

Jules
27-06-03, 06:19 PM
remove the box attached to the drivers side parcel shelf.... caution it will be very hot if the lights have been on.... there is no need to replace it

i've just told u what it is!!!

He's just told you what it is!!!!
:o

Byron69
29-06-03, 02:45 PM
ur all fcuking retards,
no time wasters plz like the rest of this lot, if n e 1 has some real advice i'd like to hear, but only reply if u kno what ur on about :!:

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 11:45 PM
ur all fcuking retards,

:lol: youll get a ban talking to our senior members like that!!! :lol: fair play to ya though - someone needs to put em in their place :twisted: