PDA

View Full Version : What shall i do next????? Help please

linzTDI
25-06-03, 12:23 PM
I am getting a bit of money at the end of july and i have my test at the beginning of august hopefully will pass first time!

I am wanting to get my nova back on the road with a MOT and TAX then i was wanting some idead on what to do, it still looks the same as it did before so check out my link below and tell me what you think

wisewood
25-06-03, 12:35 PM
get a decent alarm fitted and then lower it.

linzTDI
25-06-03, 12:46 PM
i got a good alarm on it.

Pinched it off my dads sho-gun when he sold it

giggler
25-06-03, 12:54 PM
defo lower it!!!

do you like colour coding? it so, do it! :)

get some skirts too! :D

linzTDI
25-06-03, 12:55 PM
yeah wasnt sure whether to get bumpers painted and some skirts or get a full kit but dunno if i can afford a new one

giggler
25-06-03, 12:58 PM
yeah wasnt sure whether to get bumpers painted and some skirts or get a full kit but dunno if i can afford a new one

well for now, see if you can buy some skirts from someone! then get the bumpers and the skirs sprayed, wont cost ya much if ya got 'contacts' :wink:

the car will look totally different, then if ya wanna get a bodykit for it, ya can do it in due time!!! save up the monies and eventually get it done!

if ya ne thing like me tho, ya will want it rite now!! lol :lol:

wisewood
25-06-03, 01:06 PM
"contacts" can help :lol:

linzTDI
25-06-03, 01:07 PM
i dont really have any contacts

dave.gsi
25-06-03, 01:11 PM
lower it first, then colour code the bumpers or fit a gsi kit

linzTDI
25-06-03, 01:12 PM
GSI kit is only colour coded bumpers and side skirts!

dave.gsi
25-06-03, 01:13 PM
dif front bumper

dave.gsi
25-06-03, 01:13 PM
well if your being picky dif rear too :lol:

jatinder
25-06-03, 01:21 PM
leave the bumpers, colour code the boot lock andkdoor handle ( ive just done this and makes a lot of diffrence) leave bumpers black or get them resprayed greyish so the dont fade, and clear rear lights, and lower it, also if you can get your wheels colour changed to dark black , trust me this shouldnt cost too much and will look great

giggler
25-06-03, 01:56 PM
think ya got plenty of options there hun!!!!

me bin thinking wots next for mine, i got a bigger engine, just waiting for a few things to be done to that, then get that fitted, got my spoiler and m3 mirrors just need them sprayed and fitted!

not sure what to do next, but it probably wont end there! :roll:

Sid
25-06-03, 02:15 PM
Most options have already been mentioned...

so get a TV screen!!!!!!!!!!! Contact me if you do luv... :wink:

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:16 PM
why?

Alex
25-06-03, 02:19 PM
cos he sells them

giggler
25-06-03, 02:22 PM
fit them too? :D

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:24 PM
i see there was method in his madness then lol

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 02:26 PM
GSI kit is only colour coded bumpers and side skirts!

bumpers are different... front is deeper and sticks out more... and rear has a cut out for the exhaust

standard
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nova1xx.jpg
gsi
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/e/enginesawp.jpg

giggler
25-06-03, 02:28 PM
front one is definately different, thats why i bought one, deeper, and looks exceptionllly nice with a cut out and meshed up ;)

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:28 PM
Well not alot of difference for quite a bit money

giggler
25-06-03, 02:31 PM
Most options have already been mentioned...

so get a TV screen!!!!!!!!!!! Contact me if you do luv... :wink:

can you get hold of some descent ones? :o :D

how much? pics?

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 02:32 PM
i picked my unpainted one up for not much ??? 2nd hand...

and even new they are only ?83

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:33 PM
not worth it tho when you can get a novadose or abyss one for just over 100 quid.

simon@novaheaven
25-06-03, 02:36 PM
get a cordoba front splitter fitted to the standard bumper. lower it on the alloys it has and get a nice back box with a polished tailpipe!

will look tons better and wont cost you a fortune to do! and keep in with the smart nova looks and still turns heads. i dont rate fibreglass bumpers, m3 mirrors or blacked out windows!! simple stuff will have the biggest impact.

i did practically all of my car using the standard bits which i modded. looks nothing like a standard nova and yet it does :wink:

all down to personal taste at the end of the day, just do it to how you like it.

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 02:36 PM
novadose and abyss(mal) are shit... badly fitting fibreglass pap

even this is better than the abyss or dose

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/b/bully.jpg

dave.gsi
25-06-03, 02:37 PM
novadose and abyss are shit :lol:

only bodykit worth doing is bat or rj front bumper

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:38 PM
cordoba front splitter fitted

Where can i get one of these and how much they cost?

Any pics?

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 02:40 PM
not worth it tho when you can get a novadose or abyss one for just over 100 quid.

would you ever invest in a cheap boob job?... no cause it would never fit properly and need major work every few months to keep it looking right

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:41 PM
WTF?

I dotn need a boob job thanks

giggler
25-06-03, 02:42 PM
novadose and abyss are shit if fitted shite!

simon@novaheaven
25-06-03, 02:45 PM
there shite full stop.

http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/mods/front_splitter/after.jpg

thats the splitter fitted to a gsi bumper, looks better on the sr style one though

The part number for the SEAT Cordoba splitter is 6K6 805 903 and 6K6 805 904 and costs ?25

giggler
25-06-03, 02:51 PM
matter of opinion!!! :D

i like that splitter!!! whos nova is that? :D

linzTDI
25-06-03, 02:51 PM
from where?

giggler
25-06-03, 02:52 PM
Seat?

Alex
25-06-03, 02:54 PM
yes from any Seat dealer. Ibiza one is quite cheap as well (also from Seat dealers)

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 02:54 PM
WTF?

I dotn need a boob job thanks

yeh but if u did would u have a cheap one?

simon@novaheaven
25-06-03, 02:55 PM
yeah from SEAT dealers, part numbers are there too, the nova belongs to alan knight (www.topbuzz.co.uk)

there is even a full guide to fitting one on there too! plus modding the gsi bumper for the big mouth! should be a doddle for rob to do that with yours carla!

linzTDI
25-06-03, 03:02 PM
So i can buy that seat splitter and it will fit on a novs no probs???

I wouldnt know where to get one from

Alex
25-06-03, 03:04 PM
A SEAT garage we just told you :roll:

linzTDI
25-06-03, 03:05 PM
i dont think the seat garage up here will do that as my dad used to be back and forth from there all the time and its only little

Alex
25-06-03, 03:12 PM
just phone them up and ask for the parts department. They may not have one in stock right then, but they can definately order one which shouldn't take too long. I had to get my Seat Ibiza splitter ordered for me and it only cost ?28. Took one week to get in, and it doesn't cost any extra if they have to ship it from another branch

Dave
25-06-03, 03:14 PM
there shite full stop
grief just getting these fitted to mine! will post a pic when done so you can see how shite they look

linzTDI
25-06-03, 03:14 PM
hmmm
:roll:

I dunno if my uncle could fit it.

oh well

simon@novaheaven
25-06-03, 03:26 PM
the guide explains how its done, it aint to difficult! just 8 self tappers i think.

the abyss kit is basically a bad copy of a smoothed big mouth gsi bumper, gsi rear bumper with r&a difuser, monteray scoop, m3 side skirts and a, gsi side spoiler with mondeo spoiler on top. so basically its a badly made gsi kit with other copy parts which the originals are made from PU rim*

*edit cos i said plastic

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 03:51 PM
plastic

get it right si.... it's pu rim

simon@novaheaven
25-06-03, 04:04 PM
my bad

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 04:15 PM
ooo

a spoiler making machine
http://www.pu2pu.com/htdocs/Customers/Rim_polymers_industries/Blowmoulding%20machine%202.jpg

Snowface
25-06-03, 06:17 PM
are the abyss side skirts shite also? They look better than GSI ones IMO.

pickle
25-06-03, 07:03 PM
i'd buy some of that shiney as fuck black paint an get your bumpers done so they are a very clean black, then i'd buy some manta mirrors, they'd look cool on your car! and yeah i'd deffo lower it, thats if those wheels will go under, may need arch folding if they wont. n dont buy springs if u have a fair bit of wonga ( ?500 ) buy some koni adjustables or something, and your car will look totally diffo! well nice, keep it up lady.

linzTDI
26-06-03, 08:03 AM
linz
once your up and running
pop over to team valley on a sat night and grab hold of me and ill show u daveys L plate gsi

it looks quality and its got none of this fibreglass shite body crap on it

OOooo why thank you micky

Jules
26-06-03, 09:59 AM
Lower it,
Bigger brakes,
Fit a GSi front bumper but have it sprayed grey to match the rear,
Get rims sprayed to match bumpers (Take 'em off first to see what offest they are, if they are further out than et45 then best sell 'em and get something a bit closer - 2nd hand 16" Softstars / Speedlines),
Colour code tailgate grab handle,
Get rear wiper removed and hole filled,
Don't put skirts on it (some cars look better with out them),
Clear side repeaters,
All red rear clusters,
Manta 400 mirrors (If you can find them, if not then the identical ones they used to sell in Demon Tweeks),
Single wiper with unused hole filled and smoothed,
Vauxhall headlight protectors and Vauxhall mudflaps.

Should make it nice and subtle and go generally un-noticed by the majority, but it'll get loads of looks by people like us who know what we're looking at!!!
:wink:

Sid
26-06-03, 12:40 PM
i see there was method in his madness then lol

Yes... AND they're a COOOOOOOOL accessory, and they will give u ooodles of pleasure. Imagine watching Coronation Street or Eastenders while u're at a cruise!? or even better your fave DVD (of whatever description & flava), or playing PS2...

?110 for flip down screen, or ?160 for the slimline screen.
YNOS branded. They are not cheap sh1te... "quality doesnt have to be expensive".

Supply only at the moment. Check out: www,xstyle.co.uk for more details. (These are special offer prices for the Vaux Crew!)

Sid
(sorry for the advertising admin, but its in response to this fine lady's post 'ere!) :wink: :lol:

krobinson
30-06-03, 12:06 PM

Novadose is quite nice, looks better on mk1 as it was designed for that.

Abyss is just cheap fiberglass and never fits properly, and in my opinion does nothing for the nova.

krobinson
30-06-03, 12:16 PM
You can go stuble like my nova. It turns loads of heads, and i get unbelieveable attention from anyone who loves novas. Abyss kits etc will have mixed opinions, where as the stuble approach will be more positive than negitive.

Keith

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/280big.jpg

Sid
30-06-03, 03:29 PM
I agree with Keith...

linzTDI
04-07-03, 01:27 PM
right this is my plan of action
at the weekend i am going to try and find the time to paint my calipers and hubs (blue of course)

When i am paid i want it MOT'ed! See if i can get dad to tax it.

Then i want Side skirts, Clear rear clusters,clear side repeaters and bumpers painted White (colourcoded)

Then when i pass my test go and get my multi changer fitted and head unit. then all i will need is some new speakers and maybe a sub or amp

Also i want one of those little fridges to go under the dash

Ste_Nova
04-07-03, 02:02 PM
right this is my plan of action
at the weekend i am going to try and find the time to paint my calipers and hubs (blue of course)

get some 16v brakes first... then clean up and paint them off the car

linzTDI
04-07-03, 02:05 PM
hmm
will they go on TD?

I just had brakes done about 6 months ago

Ste_Nova
04-07-03, 02:12 PM
yup as long as ur wheels are 14x5.5j or bigger

would be a good upgrade

also if ur gonna paint ur bumpers u gotta get a gsi front one :?

linzTDI
04-07-03, 02:15 PM
no i dont

Ste_Nova
04-07-03, 02:19 PM
i'll slap u if u don't, colour coded std bumpers look pap

linzTDI
04-07-03, 02:20 PM
Oooo :P