PDA

View Full Version : Poll Respray...

Danb1987
23-05-11, 09:19 PM
Well just been out looking round the car and in the few months iv owned its been deteriorating slowly :(

There isnt a huge amount that needs doing but its bugging me like hell!!

So now im in 2 minds of what to do.... Do i get the engine in and leave it as it is to get to Pvs, Billing etc...
Or send it in to be resprayed and made immaculate and just go to the shows in my dads Ford :(

This is what its going to "hopefully" look like when its done..... Il be getting the wheels etc done like this and adding arches like octagonalpauls..

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh431/danpuntosport/nova12.jpg

Oppinions please.. help put my mind to rest lol i really cant decide what to do.

Edd
23-05-11, 09:30 PM
What needs doing on the body ?

db_1.2
23-05-11, 09:33 PM
I think there should be another option:

-Ask a million questions, mainly including opinions, and never make any progress.

That would be my vote :)

Danb1987
23-05-11, 09:34 PM
Nothing much really, where my wheels rubbed has started to flake the paint..
Bottom of the rear arch is starting to look abit iffy, Behind the rear wheel is flaking paint
The front arch where it connects to the bumper has always had a slight bit of rust.

All of the problems as such are below the halfway point on the car but my local bodyshop has said they wouldnt be able to match my white as its faded over the years?

Danb1987
23-05-11, 09:36 PM
I think there should be another option:

-Ask a million questions, mainly including opinions, and never make any progress.

That would be my vote :)

Three cheers.... Pr*ck!

I am basicly asking advice on what to do.. im trying to make as much progress as i can with the car, but i dont have dubious amounts of money flowing from the bank of MUM...

blue_peg_16v
23-05-11, 09:36 PM
send it the body shop and go in the ford bugged me like hell at billing last year looking at the blemishes on the loon took it off the road straight after

craig green
23-05-11, 09:37 PM
You can bet your parents savings that any 'slight' rust will be waay more advanced when you poke it with a screwdriver or wave a grinder anywhere near it. If you undertake the respray option, be prepared for further costs & dont cut corners to get it done is my advice. Thats why most cars end up being full resto's on here though.

db_1.2
23-05-11, 09:42 PM
Three cheers.... Pr*ck!

I am basicly asking advice on what to do.. im trying to make as much progress as i can with the car, but i dont have dubious amounts of money flowing from the bank of MUM...

Lol, make your own mind up.

And to the comment about money, you shouldn't make such assumptions. I've worked extremely hard for what I own.

Danb1987
23-05-11, 09:42 PM
I agree fully craig im not poking into anything lol

I no that it needs doing as soon as or it will only get worse, the blue nova i had was left on the drive for about 3months, i started poking that and the rear arch was shot lol

Danb1987
23-05-11, 09:43 PM
Lol, make your own mind up.

And to the comment about money, you shouldn't make such assumptions. I've worked extremely hard for what I own.

I imagine you have worked hard for all your money... So have I.

db_1.2
23-05-11, 09:48 PM
I imagine you have worked hard for all your money... So have I.

Money?! I ain't got none

Benn
23-05-11, 10:43 PM
Can you not get it painted and done for Billing? It's over 30 days away...

Danb1987
23-05-11, 10:52 PM
Depending on how much its going to cost maybe... iv been given a number to ring tomorow for a quote so il see how that goes.
Iv been off work as i was in hospital last week so funds are low atm lol lol

theres 2 colours iv got in mind Apache orange or the gold you see on astra coupes etc..

jaygsi
25-05-11, 12:33 AM
Paint it lad go in your dads ford, i might be going in my mates feista pfffff

Southie
25-05-11, 06:39 AM
Is it a full repray or a outer respray?

If it's a outer I wouldn't waste your money.

If it's a full one then get it sprayed up, you'll only get annoyed looking at the imperfections and not enjoying your day.

Take your time on it though or you'll end up rushing and making a ballsup, then you'll have far more imperfections to look at.

Danb1987
25-05-11, 09:41 AM
It was going to be just an outer respray but as i keep taking more parts off it looks like its going to be a full respray lol

I found a shop that isnt to badly priced i just want to sot somthing with my arches first, the need flaring so il be attempting them shortly.

It looks like il be going pvs in the fiesta now thow lol lol :(

Nova_Tek
25-05-11, 08:06 PM
SOD the shows mate (no offense to anyone) but I'd feel so much better and have more fun with a car that's immaculate and done to how I want it. It will make the show even better, also your car will get better attention and peope will appreciate it more.

Just spray it!