PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD !!!!!!

courtenaynova's lil sis
24-06-03, 11:25 PM
At last....2moro is my Birthday!!!!! I have a driving lesson at 10 in the morning for an hour and I'm really crappin it. I can't even get outta first gear so how the hell am I gonna cope when I'm driving on the road with all the other loonies??????

I bet I crash into something.

I'm well scared I don't know whether I wanna do this or not.

Oh well. I'll let you know the total cars that I crash into and all the wing mirrors I knock off. :) :) :)

ade
24-06-03, 11:33 PM
keep the faith girl!

Is it your test or just a lesson???

In the words of Yoda -

Trust you must have - yes.
In driving instructor you must trust - he is your ally
Mirrors you must use
Signal you must
Hitting not wing mirrors you will not
Succes you will have
Avoid the Police dark side you shall

:lol: 8)

onephatnova
24-06-03, 11:45 PM
I can't even get outta first gear so how the hell am I gonna cope when I'm driving on the road with all the other loonies??????

so have ya been practising in carparks in first gear? or...?

tbh, u'll prob find it easier on the roads than in car parks, etc. And then after time it just comes naturally.

anyway, good luck, i'm sure ya'll be fine... :)

courtenaynova's lil sis
24-06-03, 11:45 PM
Its my first lesson as it's my 17th 2moro

I've already opened my prezzies cuz its my uncles funeral 2moro. driving at 10-11 then funeral at 12. What a great day.....NOT. I'm proper feeling sick. I'm gonna smoke so much before and after my lesson. I don't wanna do it. I can't drive...I'll fail.

mikeoxford
25-06-03, 12:10 AM
....I'll fail.
fail what its a driving lesson girl!!!!!

courtenaynova
25-06-03, 12:27 AM
I dont think that the natural driving skill of her older brother has been passed onto the younger sister :)

Funny shite! I was showing her in the kitchen how to operate the pedals...and how to use a steering wheel using the lid from the cracker tub :)

Although she had drove the beast before, without stalling.....a bit too much power for her 1st car tho :twisted: But its in Nova Heaven now

R(ust).I.P(ieces)

OH NO!!!! THE THOUGHT OF ANOTHER WOMAN DRIVER OUT TO WRECK MORE UNSUSPECTING NOVA'S!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya loads sis :lol:

Rob.

Neil.
25-06-03, 12:27 AM
good luck, you'll be fine! SOrry to hear about crap day uve got 2morow. keep ur mind on the road and ull be great!

jatinder
25-06-03, 01:04 AM
i was absloutely ratted for my first driving lesson :roll:

Dicko
25-06-03, 07:44 AM
you got same bday as me :P

RobIsGrt18
25-06-03, 02:07 PM
happy b'days all round then : )!!

linzTDI
25-06-03, 03:35 PM
it will be fine
Your instructor will drive most of the time any wyas on your first lesson you only lear how to pull off and stop maybe change gear from one to 2 thats what i did on a dead quiet road too.

He/She will take you to a quiet industrial estate and teach you the basics it wont be till you have had at least 5 lessons you get on proper roads.
Trust me its nothing to worry about

RobHardyUK
25-06-03, 03:41 PM
u will be fine! eaz. i wasnt nervous! looked forward to it! was more nervous bout meeting the actual instructor!

courtenaynova's lil sis
25-06-03, 10:31 PM
Oh my God!!!!

It was fantastic

I drove most of the lesson. He said I was a natural and that my bro has competition. Ha ha ha ha. I'm going down the bi-pass on my next lesson cuz I did so well. He's already gave me a disc to learn my theory so I can get that out of the way. He really enjoyed teachin me as well. I was gonna cancel the lesson but when he took me out to the estate in Solihull I was chilled and I was cruisin. He let me drive down busy roads, islands, dodgy turnings, hill starts etc. It was great. I'm so chuffed with myself. In a few months I'll be like u lot and have my own independance.

COOL !!!!!

linzTDI
26-06-03, 08:05 AM
Well done

Dicko
26-06-03, 09:10 AM
my 1st lesson was ace. instructor drives for a bit tellin me whats what (10 mins) pulls into a bus stop. swop over, tellin me about clutch @(i already knew) then next thing he says go go go theres a bus comin lol, almost stalled it pullin off lucky it was a deisel :D

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 03:08 PM
few months.... hmmm, not if that is ur first lesson ever! my instructor told me the average amount now days is 40! i had 17, passed first time, and it took about 4 months, 10 week waiting list for test, and few weeks for the theory.

linzTDI
26-06-03, 03:10 PM
my instructor said i was a natural that was last july! took me 6 months to pass my theory as i failed it twice and the waits in between and now got to wait till august for a practical date

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 03:17 PM
i think, prob most ppl take about 7-8 months, or something. ish. depends on the test centre and area aswell i guess.

linzTDI
26-06-03, 03:19 PM
yip its all about waiting lists these days

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 03:20 PM
its 10 weeks wher i live, and in next town, wher it is ment to be much harder, its only 3!

Fester
26-06-03, 05:38 PM
everyone seems to be 'a natural' how coincidental

courtenaynova
26-06-03, 09:06 PM
OMG! I started driving on 9th August (My B'day), and passed on 9th November 2001. In all that time....i passed theory 1st time, and passed driving test 1st time with 5 minors :D in a Fiesta Zetec 'S'

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 11:11 PM
bout same time as me, exept, yes, thats right, i only got 3 minors *shakes fist* yeah u heard me, 3 :lol:

dave.gsi
26-06-03, 11:35 PM
lol, fucked up, i got three minors and passed first time (+theory). one for not checking my mirror when i slowed down (who the fuck does this anyway?), another for not checking mirror before indicating and the last (you bastard fat twat examiner) cos he said take the next right, i indicate and the road isn't for about 100 yards :evil: didn't turn it off though cos i didn't wanna look a twat lol :lol:

dave.gsi
26-06-03, 11:36 PM
lol, fucked up, i got three minors and passed first time (+theory). one for not checking my mirror when i slowed down (who the fuck does this anyway?), another for not checking mirror before indicating and the last (you bastard fat twat examiner) cos he said take the next right, i indicate and the road isn't for about 100 yards :evil: didn't turn it off though cos i didn't wanna look a twat lol :lol:

mikeoxford
27-06-03, 01:44 AM
heh first time i got TWO HAVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTT TWO minors

and one major :evil: cos a nice asian guy in a taxi cut me up - and it was my fault for road awareness and me not "expecting him " to cut me up

WTF

seoncd time round i got 6 minors..................

waiting list in south yardley brum is until early novemeber! PMSL!!!!!!!!!

ydg27
27-06-03, 01:08 PM
i passed 1st time in newcastle s-o-t
7 minors in a fiesta black 1.25zetec sport
slow as shit!
had 17 lessons spread over 5 months

linzTDI
27-06-03, 01:10 PM
what newcastle test centre?

u from newcastle?

novaboy_southwest
27-06-03, 01:20 PM
passed first time had 7 lessons dont know how i passed though

Aragorn
28-06-03, 10:17 PM
i drove for about 6 months with parents then took 8 lessons and passes first time with 4 minors

2 for mirrors and 1 for stalling and 1 for not booting it when a bloke in a lexus came round a roundabout at about 60

first lesson was funny - instructor drove car to ind est and we swapped over told me all this shite for about 30mins then asked me to get car on the bite

did it within seconds - hes like ooh your better than i thaught.. try driving up this hill

drove up fine asked me to stop and pull off about 3 times

then said ok then drive home :D

was out on the road every time after that

Barn
29-06-03, 10:25 PM
i got my test, early Aug. 8 weeks waiting list in south wales...iv had 23 lessons so far, hope i fcukin pass! relying on other ppl 2 run me about is p*ssin me rite off! Looking 4a mk2 1.2, then gonna spend ALL my hard-earned on it + get it lookin fine!

hotdogs_r_us
29-06-03, 11:00 PM
i got my test, early Aug. 8 weeks waiting list in south wales...iv had 23 lessons so far, hope i fcukin pass! relying on other ppl 2 run me about is p*ssin me rite off! Looking 4a mk2 1.2, then gonna spend ALL my hard-earned on it + get it lookin fine!

Got me test on 19th of july :) I kno h8 gettin lefts and i got a sweet car weaiting here !