PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall wot a company

nans_nova
23-05-11, 04:00 PM
Last friday i blew the gearbox on my everyday car a vectra 1.9 cdti.
5th and 6th gears have gone in the box, this happened on my way to work so drove it straight to burton brothers wauxhall ramsey, just happens to be where the old chap works, they got straight on to vauxhall to see if they would supply me with a new gearbox bearing in mind it a 2007 vectra with 60000 mile on it, and i gussed as i had heard nout by the end of the day on saturday it was a no go and started to look fir a second hand box.
Found load and people want really good money for them there £1400 and a good second hand one is £1000 plus, good job i didnt buy one tho as vauxhall just phoned me and going to pay 75% of a new box give me a 30000mile wanty on it and pay fitting costs so all in all well pleased with the service ive recived.

Asa-James
23-05-11, 04:55 PM
. . . . . , , , ,

Some of thems might make that a little easier to read bud, but good result :)

wwmnw
23-05-11, 05:28 PM
. . . . . , , , ,

Some of thems might make that a little easier to read bud, but good result :)

As well as a few ' a couple presses of the enter button and mostly, a real language.

Southie
23-05-11, 06:06 PM
All is good, I've now got my breath back lol

Nova_Tek
23-05-11, 06:09 PM
Happy days mate. All depends who picks up the phone or who serves you sometimes. I've had a few right unhelpful so and so's and others who have gone to lots of trouble to help.

craig green
23-05-11, 08:21 PM
The fact your father works their might have had something to do with it. Seeing as Vauxhall themselves havent even seen the box or car, it seems as though any decision is often down to the dealers discretion. Thats when yelling abuse gets you nowhere. Any warranties will have it in small print that any parts covered do not include labour, again indicating you have been treated well.

Result for you I say.