PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm dunno what to do?

AW3K
24-06-03, 10:01 PM
Well i've got hold of a set of GSI side skirts BRAND NEW for ?39, now do i paint em or leave em standard blue/grey?

did they come painted on a GSI?

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/skirts.jpg

Thanks

AW3K

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 10:54 PM
as is on gsi

no paint

and id leave them like that

ade
24-06-03, 11:19 PM
?39 - new - bargin!

I'd leave em grey m8.

You'll need clips to fit.

TBH - if youre looking for respray of bumnper too - take to body shop - get GSi bumper, get them to spray bumpers, bump strip (if not done) the sides and fit skirts for ya.

All yu need then is a suspension set (40-60 lowered springs and shocks) and a set of 15's

Sorted!

:D

AW3K
24-06-03, 11:27 PM
?39 - new - bargin!

I'd leave em grey m8.

You'll need clips to fit.

TBH - if youre looking for respray of bumnper too - take to body shop - get GSi bumper, get them to spray bumpers, bump strip (if not done) the sides and fit skirts for ya.

All yu need then is a suspension set (40-60 lowered springs and shocks) and a set of 15's

Sorted!

:D

Ade n mike thank you.

define bump strip? if you mean the plastic thing that is on the side of the car, then mine din come with any on?

is the rear bumper on a GSI the same as a standard one?

will the new corsa wheels with the chunky spokes fit?

As for fitting the skirts i was gunna av a go myself, but have read 2 guides and both are different, confussed,

have you got a list of the exact fixings and the qty required cos they were different on both guides...

what are the push buttons and is the skirt rivoted to the underside?

thanks

AW3K

mikeoxford
25-06-03, 12:06 AM

std mk2 yes pretty much

BUT although you can see the dimple pattern up close, the bumper is and looks smooth.

and there is also a cutout for gsi exhaust

Jules
25-06-03, 09:41 AM
define bump strip? if you mean the plastic thing that is on the side of the car, then mine din come with any on?
They are the grey plastic strips that run the length of the door / rear 3/4 panel & little part of front wing

Standard Mk2 one? Yes pretty much, only difference (I think) is that the GSi ones were all colour-coded and maybe had a little more trimmed off the underneath for the exhaust but not really noticable

will the new corsa wheels with the chunky spokes fit?
If you mean the chunky square-ish 5 spokes then I think the PCD (Stud pattern) is the same but the offset is a little out - et42 as opposed to et49, so although they will fit it won't drive or handle very well.

AW3K
25-06-03, 07:57 PM
went and enquired at autovaux about a gsi front bumper and it was ?98 ex vat in primmer.

Ordered all the fixings for the skirts that came to ?20 from autovaux :o

gunna go scrap yard hunting next week for a bumper.

Removed the silly graphics well on the door today, there is all the wing and rear qtr to do yet,

debadged the boot, i must have been lucky as the badges practially fell off

been trying to blend the paint work in as well due to the fading,

Is T cut better than the autoglym paint renovator?

Thanks

AW3K

AW3K
30-06-03, 08:53 PM
I'd thought i'de post a pic of the fixings seeing as a few people don't know what they look like.

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/fixings.jpg

?18 worth of fixings there!

http://www.a-whiteman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/car/fixings2.jpg

The rivots are well weird, LOL

i also noticed that the rivots need to be put on the car frist and the clips slid on from the side as the extra lip on the rivot won't go through the clip

AW3K

DazK
01-07-03, 12:46 AM
the mk2 rear bumper is exactly the same except the zorst exit ..which is un-noticable really .. but the standard mk2 rear has a slight bubble effect to it .. i got a std mk2 rear and sanded it down with medium grade sandpaper .. then finished it off with fine paper .. smooth as fcuk now .. cant tell the difference between my mk2 rear and a Gsi :P saves ya a bob or 2 .. takes some time to get it really smooth tho :cry:

dan_mk1
01-07-03, 12:36 PM
Is T cut better than the autoglym paint renovator?

i used t-cut on mine and u cant tell they were ever there, but my cars white and iv been told that the white doesnt fade as much as other colours!

Jules
01-07-03, 01:05 PM
i used t-cut on mine and u cant tell they were ever there, but my cars white and iv been told that the white doesnt fade as much as other colours!

Well what would a faded white look like? "Whiter than white" white?
Or maybe it'd fade so much that it'd go clear or even disapear all together!!
:wink: :lol:

dan_mk1
01-07-03, 01:54 PM
lol, maybe it gets whiter and whiter?! :lol: