PDA

View Full Version : 3 Studs on a nova ?

Hodgeheg
24-06-03, 09:17 PM
Just got my first car, a nice Marrooon nova (not)

One of my mates has a set of 3 stud AEZ alloys of a 106, he's sellin them for ?100 with tyres, full set, i love em, and i want them

Is there any way i can put 3 studs on my nova ?

if not.. i need some nice simple Multispoke/5 spoke/4 spoke, simple alloys. Preferably White/silver or Anthracite/grey/black for cheap, neone got any ? or show me where i can get em ?

It's a 1.2 LUXE.. so i sorted the ICE out .. need to lower it, get skirts, front bumper, and smooth the boot off. I can weld, someone told me u weld a metal plate into the number plate gap, them smooth it of with bodywork filler ? I aint got much money to get the Skirts and front bumper with, Anyone know where i can get a simple bumber/skirts form, maybe a GSI or SRi ones for dead cheap ?

Gettin it resprayed in either Black or White, for free. Which one wud look better ?

Post some piccies wen it's done !

Any help or adivce ? first time owner !

i got about 150 for the ICE, already got a head unit.. that's sorted out

Then i got about ? 200- to sort out the bumpers, skirts, fuel cap, smoothing boot

Cheers

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 09:40 PM
welcome to novaload

youll be having a right game to get three stud wheels to fit

wouldnt bother

ade
24-06-03, 10:54 PM
I agree (baaaaa Mike baaaa) - 3 stud naff - need to change hub mountings and I dont know of anywhere that does 3 spoke.

Maybe nice wheels but whats their offset - Vauxhalls should aim for et45/49 if you wanna save probs with your bearings, steering vibration and catching on the arches (especially the rear ones).

If yoiu spray car black - black alloys will look mint (see Slim Jims nova) - Spray it white and it'll also look mint with black rims (see the post just a few down in technical from the guy whos headed it pics up - should be in general but hes a newbie so forgiven I guess).

Check scrappies for second hand alloys and simply respray then black - simply mask the rubber off, sand back to remove scuffs, prime, smooth back and spray. They lacquer. Did mine and theyre mint! Have a blueish sheen to then on a nice day (theyre moonstone silver)

Ade