PDA

View Full Version : Being a delivery driver

TeddyThom
22-05-11, 03:11 PM
Anyone here had the joys of being a pizza boy or something similar??

Well I had something happen to me last night that looking back, I really should've got my camera out...

I went on a delivery to some house, just to find that the couple resident in the house, were having sex on a computer chair right by the front door!!

Made me lol

Couldn't even perv as the woman weren't all that. So sorta disappointing realy, but the funny part was how quick she moved when the doorbell rang. The bloke then proceeded to walk around the back of the house and came out the side gate.

lol

peester
22-05-11, 04:10 PM
lol funny

Lynsey
22-05-11, 04:15 PM
lol lol lol

I did the chinky deliveries for a bit but no funny stories unfortunately.

swedge
22-05-11, 04:39 PM
just dont get stopped by the police, your supposed to have seperate insurance for it

Andy
22-05-11, 05:18 PM
Aye,business insurance

Adam
22-05-11, 06:01 PM
A mate drives for dominoes and i know for a fact NOBODY there has any kind of business insurance

16v Nova Kev
22-05-11, 06:04 PM
aye well that there loss

NOVA saloon
22-05-11, 06:08 PM
Well it's stupid they will moan like fook wen they get caught. It's not worth the risk at all. I'm talking from experience.

Southie
22-05-11, 06:09 PM
Yes you need business insurance as your classed as a higher risk as well with delivering.
A lad in our neck of the woods (didn't know him btw) use to deliver drugs on the side as well as doing his pizza rounds, the police caught up with him though for his insurance first and then found the drugs :roll:
I live in a beautiful place :(

mk1nova_rich
22-05-11, 06:11 PM
I live in a beautiful place :(

You live in Keighley...its a ****hole lol our end isn't exactly that much better

Southie
22-05-11, 06:12 PM
You live in Keighley...its a ****hole lol our end isn't exactly that much better
Nova.... drive.... that is all :( shhhhhhh

mk1nova_rich
22-05-11, 06:14 PM
Nova.... drive.... that is all :( shhhhhhh

I realised that once I'd said it lol

Back on topic...shouldn't the shop have to pay the insurance for business use?

Southie
22-05-11, 06:18 PM

He's probably getting paid cash in hand so not on the books anyway.

16v Nova Kev
22-05-11, 06:19 PM

back on topic lol this thread was not about insurance:thumb:

mk1nova_rich
22-05-11, 06:29 PM
lol I'm tired

tommy8252
23-05-11, 08:01 AM

I was brought up in the keighly scum flats before they knocked them down and built the whimpey homes on them

TeddyThom
23-05-11, 10:10 AM

Yes the shop pays for the insurance of all our drivers, as long as we are insured ourselves, the business insurance covers us, we have to sign a checklist every shift we do, otherwise we aren't covered.

He's probably getting paid cash in hand so not on the books anyway.

Nope, the only cash I deal with in hand at the end of the night is my fuel money, my wages go into the bank. As said earlier, the shop has insurance which covers us for our shift as long as we have our own insurance.

grooge
23-05-11, 10:19 AM
just dont get stopped by the police, your supposed to have seperate insurance for it

i do deliveries on/off for chinese and indian and the police round my bit couldnt give a **** about it any time they've stopped me.

trafpol done me for not wearing my seatbelt a few weeks ago and said they wernt bothered. in fact he actually worte the ticket really quickly to let me get back to work, as he put it 'time is money' lol

back on topic, i also do morning milk deliveries and have caught a couple at it just round the corner from my house! the lassie was infamous amongst the lads, she loved the attention, used to open the curtains, walk about, come to the door naked etc all the time, not a week would go by you wouldnt see her!
she was gorgous aswell, worked as a gym instructor

shame she split up wi the guy :(

TeddyThom
23-05-11, 11:11 AM
shame she split up wi the guy :(

Are you taken? If not then why is it a shame?!?!?

grooge
23-05-11, 11:47 AM
Are you taken? If not then why is it a shame?!?!?

i see where where you're coming from lol

its a shame cos unfortunately it was his house, so shes never been seen again!

TeddyThom
23-05-11, 11:49 AM
Ah I see. Bummer man.

Reminds me slightly of a joke about a blonde having sex with her other half, he turns out a little sore so decides to stick his willy in a bottle of milk to cool it down, she walks in and says "so that's how you refill those things..."

bazil
23-05-11, 11:52 AM
For us older folk, Monty python sketch, milkmen and the milf lol

grooge
23-05-11, 12:06 PM
For us older folk, Monty python sketch, milkmen and the milf lol

lol lol
my boss told me if i got the chance to go for it and leave the crate at the door lol has happened to one or two years back, they made it back out for the next day though lol

lynhok
23-05-11, 12:27 PM
Deliverys in style oooooyeahhhhh
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i185/lynhok/DSC00520.jpg

but seriously I only did it for 2 months and some of the stories are hillarious

Jack
23-05-11, 04:38 PM
Spud is a pizza boy. But last time I heard, the road was closed and he had to find another way home. lol

Spudly
23-05-11, 05:59 PM
Spud is a pizza boy. But last time I heard, the road was closed and he had to find another way home. lol

Har har Dack, youw siwwy iwwiot :p

Yes the shop pays for the insurance of all our drivers, as long as we are insured ourselves, the business insurance covers us, we have to sign a checklist every shift we do, otherwise we aren't covered.

Err how does the pizza shop provide you with delivery insurance on your car, you cannot have two policies on one car, you either have your own business insurance on your car, or youre not covered for it, simple as.

I use the bosses van before anyone asks, and i also know many people who have delivered in their own vehicles and been banned for no insurance, as if you dont have 'business' on your policy then youre not covered for business use, therefore uninsured!

TeddyThom
23-05-11, 06:04 PM
Err how does the pizza shop provide you with delivery insurance on your car, you cannot have two policies on one car, you either have your own business insurance on your car, or youre not covered for it, simple as.

I use the bosses van before anyone asks, and i also know many people who have delivered in their own vehicles and been banned for no insurance, as if you dont have 'business' on your policy then youre not covered for business use, therefore uninsured!
I don't know how it works but they have something that we are required to sign, otherwise we aren't insured. Somehow we are insured by the company, as they require us to provide proof of our own insurance. I think it applies as some sort of extension, if we are covered they provide that extra bit which allows us to be covered. I don't know enough about it to provide a proper answer, however have been assured that I am covered. If it turns out that I'm not for any reason and get nobbled by the rozzers for it, be sure that it won't be just me that gets taken down a notch or two. Dominos will have to cover me, otherwise they can get done for false/misleading information, and as such will be held responsible should I get nobbled.

EDIT: I think it has something to do being on a similar line to ownder/driver. Whatever that means lol

Oh and I wear a uniform if that helps somehow??

I shall try and find out how it works, can't promise anything but I shall give it a go later on in the week.

Spudly
23-05-11, 06:08 PM
I don't know how it works but they have something that we are required to sign, otherwise we aren't insured. Somehow we are insured by the company, as they require us to provide proof of our own insurance. I think it applies as some sort of extension, if we are covered they provide that extra bit which allows us to be covered. I don't know enough about it to provide a proper answer, however have been assured that I am covered. If it turns out that I'm not for any reason and get nobbled by the rozzers for it, be sure that it won't be just me that gets taken down a notch or two. Dominos will have to cover me, otherwise they can get done for false/misleading information, and as such will be held responsible should I get nobbled.

EDIT: I think it has something to do being on a similar line to ownder/driver. Whatever that means lol

Oh and I wear a uniform if that helps somehow??

I shall try and find out how it works, can't promise anything but I shall give it a go later on in the week.

For your own sake mate i would check into this as it doesnt matter whether they promised you that youre insured or not, its up to you to check it out and you would still be the one getting banned for it if youre not:eek:

TeddyThom
23-05-11, 06:10 PM
For your own sake mate i would check into this as it doesnt matter whether they promised you that youre insured or not, its up to you to check it out and you would still be the one getting banned for it if youre not:eek:

Oh believe me mate I shall be double checking, however police officers generally ignore me when on delivery lol

Any pointers in what legal jargon to expect???

Spudly
23-05-11, 06:14 PM
Just go in and ask them for proof of insurance, if they give you any greif tell them you got a producer when on delivery so you need to get a copy of the certificate for it:thumb:

lynhok
23-05-11, 06:14 PM
well as i still work for dominos and im now in the shop the insurance guide thingy says that you ar not permitted to claim off your own insurance in the event of a crash as the dominos 3rd party only policy covers damage to everyone and everything else appart from you and your car, if after dominos policy have sorted the other party you are (on your own back) free to claim for damage and/or injory to yourself and your car. but as you put the sign on the car and sign the sheet at the start of the shift you are agreeing to this way of insurance

its been a while since i read it fully but thats all i remember

TeddyThom
23-05-11, 06:16 PM
Sneaky sneaky lol

Speaking from experience are we (S)pudly?? lol

well as i still work for dominos and im now in the shop the insurance guide thingy says that you ar not permitted to claim off your own insurance in the event of a crash as the dominos 3rd party only policy covers damage to everyone and everything else appart from you and your car, if after dominos policy have sorted the other party you are (on your own back) free to claim for damage and/or injory to yourself and your car. but as you put the sign on the car and sign the sheet at the start of the shift you are agreeing to this way of insurance

So basically Domino's insure you against everyone else not yourself?? So they will repair everything except damage done to your own car?? How the hell does that work? Who would you claim off? The other persons insurance or domino's?? (blame isn't thought of at this precise second, I mainly want a heads up in the general direction I should go if the need arises)

Spudly
23-05-11, 06:16 PM
Sneaky sneaky lol

Speaking from experience are (S)pudly?? lol

Nope, ive always used the bosses van:thumb:

lynhok
23-05-11, 06:43 PM
As ive worked with a lot of dominos drivers all dominos cover is third party so deals with whatever you hit eg people, walls, cars, busses, and the most recent one weve claimed for a cat?
but anyway dominos sort out the other party and your left with your own car damaged so it is up to you to fix yourself, pay a garage to repair (at your own cost) or claim off your own insurance and say that there is no other party to claim etc as it was covered by the business insurance

I am not a rep for the company im just saying what has happened in my own experiences from working there as alot of drivers do ask me for repairs and servicing.

Spudly
23-05-11, 06:47 PM
Hmmmm, i still think thats highly suspicious as your own insurance company wont know youre using the vehicle that they insure, for business use:wtf:

MK999
23-05-11, 06:49 PM
Hmmmm, i still think thats highly suspicious as your own insurance company wont know youre using the vehicle that they insure, for business use:wtf:

And you're not obliged to inform them if you do a trackday etc either, it's just not covered for it.

Spudly
23-05-11, 06:50 PM
And you're not obliged to inform them if you do a trackday etc either, it's just not covered for it.

There is a bit of a difference to driving your car on a track without informing your insurers, to driving on the public road for hire or reward or delivery purposes though!

MK999
23-05-11, 06:51 PM
There is a bit of a difference to driving your car on a track without informing your insurers, to driving on the public road for hire or reward or delivery purposes though!

Not particularly, you can still push it out on the road and claim you stacked it outside silverstone, and it'd still be insurance fraud. It's simply not covered for it and you have to seek insurance elsewhere.

Spudly
23-05-11, 06:53 PM
Not particularly, you can still push it out on the road and claim you stacked it outside silverstone, and it'd still be insurance fraud. It's simply not covered for it and you have to seek insurance elsewhere.

This is very true, claiming after a crash on a track, would be insurance fraud.

Whereas using a vehicle for business use when only insured for social, domestic and pleasure, is driving without insurance!

lynhok
23-05-11, 06:54 PM
I will have to check when I get back to work.

MK999
23-05-11, 06:59 PM
This is very true, claiming after a crash on a track, would be insurance fraud.

Whereas using a vehicle for business use when only insured for social, domestic and pleasure, is driving without insurance!

Not if you're insured by other means.

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:03 PM
Not if you're insured by other means.

Which is what im drawing into question here as you cannot have two insurance policies on one vehicle, it is illegal:roll:

MK999
23-05-11, 07:04 PM
Which is what im drawing into question here as you cannot have two insurance policies on one vehicle, it is illegal:roll:

This would make trade insurance illegal also then, the garage can't drive my car as there's already a policy on it which doesn't include them.

Jack
23-05-11, 07:05 PM
Boeing insurance covers us on our own vehicles for irregular business usage, so it IS possible.

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:07 PM
This would make trade insurance illegal also then, the garage can't drive my car as there's already a policy on it which doesn't include them.

Yawn, dont be silly a traders policy is entirely different and you knows it, basically a traders policy is just that, it is the trader themself, not the cars.

MK999
23-05-11, 07:09 PM
Yawn, dont be silly a traders policy is entirely different and you knows it, basically a traders policy is just that, it is the trader themself, not the cars.

The traders themselves, and any employee is covered 3rd party to drive any vehicle while performing the business of the trader generally.

So, exactly the same as a delivery company then?

Yawn, dont be silly etc :p

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:13 PM
Boeing insurance covers us on our own vehicles for irregular business usage, so it IS possible.

Furry muff, but again the way the people who actually work for the pizza shop chain (which pales into insignificance when you compare them to an international aircraft manufacturing company) dont know how exactly they are covered, is fairly worrying wouldnt you agree?

The traders themselves, and any employee is covered 3rd party to drive any vehicle while performing the business of the trader generally.

So, exactly the same as a delivery company then?

Yawn, dont be silly etc :p

Nope, cos the garage dont own and have their, nor their employees names on the V5's of the vehicles being used, it would be a different story if it were dominoes cars being used, but they are not are they!

MK999
23-05-11, 07:14 PM
Nope, cos the garage dont own and have their, nor their employees names on the V5's of the vehicles being used, it would be a different story if it were dominoe's cars being used, but they are not are they!

They can do, that's exactly how a friends traders insurance works for his motorsport company, they have a large pool of cars they own themselves covered on it as well as anything they need to move etc.

Jack
23-05-11, 07:15 PM
Oh aye, the only reason I went along with it is as I was eagle eyed and spotted it in the small print amongst all the gubbins we were signing when joining them lol

Unless the company gave you something in black and white that stated what they covered, I'd sort out my own insurance. MOD used to insist we had business use on our private cars.

MK, are you talking about insurance on pool cars?

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:17 PM
They can do, that's exactly how a friends traders insurance works for his motorsport company, they have a large pool of cars they own themselves covered on it as well as anything they need to move etc.

Youre getting way past the point here, youre talking garage owned fleet/pool/company cars, covered on the companies insurance, im talking privately owned and insured cars being used for business use, with some form of 'additional insurance' being applied to them, this in theory sounds like a second policy from a second insurance company, which is illegal!

MK999
23-05-11, 07:18 PM
Youre getting way past the point here, youre talking garage owned fleet/pool/company cars, covered on the companies insurance, im talking privately owned and insured cars being used for business use, with some form of 'additional insurance' being applied to them, this in theory sounds like a second policy from a second insurance company, which is illegal!

No I'm talking privately owned vehicles owned by employees/founders of a company, all covered on one policy, which is the same as this as far as I can see.

As for the two policy point, it's not applicable to business use and therefore at no one time are two valid policies running on the car.

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:21 PM
No I'm talking privately owned vehicles owned by employees/founders of a company, all covered on one policy, which is the same as this as far as I can see.

As for the two policy point, it's not applicable to business use and therefore at no one time are two valid policies running on the car.

Then in which case your mates insurance also sounds iffy to me tbf!

And i didnt realise it was possible to turn off your insurance and to allow another policy to come into cover on a privately owned and insured car, id better go tell my mate who has just got his licence back after his six month ban for delivering pizzas for a local company he shouldve turned off his private insurance and used the bosses business insurance shall i?

Jack
23-05-11, 07:22 PM
Company assets are different to personal assets though.

True - think about it as in drive any car options with your own policy, so I can drive Hayley's Colt with my policy. Technically thats two policies that cover one car, although only one of them is applicable at any one time.

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:24 PM
True - think about it as in drive any car options with your own policy, so I can drive Hayley's Colt with my policy. Technically thats two policies that cover one car, although only one of them is applicable at any one time.

Again this is only for normal use, if you were out delivering pizzas in her car, you would get banned for no business (therefore NO) insurance!

When you add the 'business' word, it becomes a whole new ballgame, trust me ive worked as a driver in and out of pizza shops going on ten years now and have seen many people brush with the law over insurance!

MK999
23-05-11, 07:25 PM
And i didnt realise it was possible to turn off your insurance and to allow another policy to come into cover on a privately owned and insured car, id better go tell my mate who has just got his licence back after his six month ban for delivering pizzas for a local company he shouldve turned off his private insurance and used the bosses business insurance shall i?

If he was covered on the business insurance he obviously wouldn't have got banned.

Jack
23-05-11, 07:26 PM
Yes, but thats only because the drive any car option only covers me TPFT. I was just using it as an example of two policies covering one car lol

As said, its possible, as Boeing corp insurance covers me on my car for infrequent work usage. As for continual work purposes, my previous statement applies :p

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:28 PM
If he was covered on the business insurance he obviously wouldn't have got banned.

He was covered on the business insurance, but he was using his own car, not the company van so therefore got banned, you cannot use your own policy to insure you to deliver pizza's, all ive been saying all along is to the guys working there is to check and find out exactly how they are covered and in all fairness id be checking with my own insurers as i bet they would render your policy void as they know nothing about it!

MK999
23-05-11, 07:32 PM
He was covered on the business insurance, but he was using his own car, not the company van so therefore got banned, you cannot use your own policy to insure you to deliver pizza's, all ive been saying all along is to the guys working there is to check and find out exactly how they are covered and in all fairness id be checking with my own insurers as i bet they would render your policy void as they know nothing about it!

So he wasn't covered to use his own car under their insurance then, i.e not covered hence banned. I think it's fair to assume not every takeaway place in the country uses the same insurance company under the same terms, and it's not unreasonable for a larger company like domino's to cover their own drivers.

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:34 PM
So he wasn't covered to use his own car under their insurance then, i.e not covered hence banned. I think it's fair to assume not every takeaway place in the country uses the same insurance company under the same terms, and it's not unreasonable for a larger company like domino's to cover their own drivers.

But the point i am still trying make before we both digressed, was that it seems fishy that the staff have been told 'dont worry youre insured' almost with a 'nod and a wink' and dont actually know how or even if theyre insured!

MK999
23-05-11, 07:35 PM
But the point i am still trying make before we both digressed, was that it seems fishy that the staff have been told 'dont worry youre insured' almost with a 'nod and a wink' and dont actually know how or even if theyre insured!

I'd want proof of it if I was working there, but I don't think it's impossible that they are covered.

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:37 PM
Im reserving judgement until they come back after speaking the their insurance providing dept at work tbh, seems far to dodgy to be legit imo!

Royston
23-05-11, 07:48 PM
Using a private car for delivering Pizza's will need business cover, and declared to the insurance company, also that this was your 1st or 2nd Job, etc.
When you insure your car you have to give them your employment details, 2nd job, etc

Although I don't technically need it I have business use on my RR for myself/employer.

I'm sure Olly from Sky will comment at some point

Spudly
23-05-11, 07:57 PM
Cheers Royston, ive just spoken to a mate who until recently used to work for an insurance company, and he said the same, you need your own business use on your policy, otherwise you are not covered!

blue_peg_16v
23-05-11, 09:03 PM

right then based on the wording of the policy its a third party only cover so you are legal to drive and no probs with the feds. however have an accident and you are only covered tpo, so yes the third party will get paid out but you will not, you can not then claim for your car through your own insurance even if comp as your using the car for business and therefore your own policy will not be inforce, so you are legal to drive but if you have a fault claim while at work and right the car off your fecked as your own insurer will not touch you

an just to stop the argument going further i worked in insurance for 9 years so know what im talking about, and with certain insurers there is no extra charge for business use so its a false economy not declairing imo

it is an unusual type of policy but some larger companies do have it, forgot when i spoke to you spud that when i was traveling to bromley with work i was covered on business usage through the company but only tpo and it cost me feck all to upgrade my policy to business and i kept my fully comp so i did that.

business cover is required by law but dual insurance isnt illegal like everyone things claiming from 2 policies is, and if you do dual insure with the mid now they will run a search and if there is 2 policies covering your vehicle the insurance companies will usualy split the cost of the claim but that then means you have to declaire 2 claims not 1 at renewal and good luck explaining that at renewal when getting quotes, remember insurance wont check anything when setting up other than ncd but come claim time they will get out of paying you out if they can which will also mean an in10 as insurance wasnt vaild

danderv
23-05-11, 09:09 PM
Where was said house tom as i am in maidstone too lol

mowgli
23-05-11, 09:24 PM
i think a certain pizza shop owner is making out that his employers public liability insurance will cover everything..and the checklist probably gets cut in 2 & hung on a nail in the privy very soon after you have signed it... and as for cash in hand/taxes etc... loads of people in the catering trade have been known to deduct 'tax' and pocket it.. unless they give you a p60 & you do tax returns to cover it, i'd be sceptical...
the main thing is that if some young lad gets caught, theres always another looking for work....cash in hand..

also, dropping the odd 'over ordered' pizza off at the cop shop does wonders....

TeddyThom
24-05-11, 01:52 PM
i think a certain pizza shop owner is making out that his employers public liability insurance will cover everything..and the checklist probably gets cut in 2 & hung on a nail in the privy very soon after you have signed it... and as for cash in hand/taxes etc... loads of people in the catering trade have been known to deduct 'tax' and pocket it.. unless they give you a p60 & you do tax returns to cover it, i'd be sceptical...
the main thing is that if some young lad gets caught, theres always another looking for work....cash in hand..

also, dropping the odd 'over ordered' pizza off at the cop shop does wonders....
I don't work for cash in hand, my wages go into the bank like a normal job does. Also I recieved a p60 not too long ago as it happens.

As for this hornets nest concerning insurance, I shall go and get a copy of the insurance policy that Domino's use. I shall then scan it on here and let you lot pick through it. I certainly don't need/want to get nobbled for no insurance... And believe me, if I DO get nobbled for no insurance, Domino's will be getting a load of sh!t off me about it.

So basically hold your horses untill friday, as I am at work thursday night, I shall obtain a copy of said insurance then. (Or at least attempt to) I shall scan it on here and let you lot look through it.

Where was said house tom as i am in maidstone too lol
Just off gatland lane lol

Whereabouts in maidstone you at?? You drive a white nova with the reg plate starting ANZ??

danderv
24-05-11, 07:37 PM
No my sport is in restoration at the moment mate.

TeddyThom
24-05-11, 08:09 PM
Fair play mate.