PDA

View Full Version : MKI AND MKII

bennybull
24-06-03, 07:55 PM
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT FITTING MKII PARTS (BUMPERS AND GRILLE)
TO A MKI MOTOR. ARE THE FIXING POINTS LOCATED IN THE SAME PLACE ON BOTH MK'S OR WILL THERE BE ANY OTHER COMPLICATIONS - IM LOKKIN TO FACELIFT MY MOTOR

CHEERS ALL,

BENNY

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 10:55 PM
deoends if you rreplace the front wings or not

the front wings need to be replaced in order for the grille to be secured.

and if u do that - the holes will be in right place for mk2 bumper :D

ade
24-06-03, 11:22 PM
...but the grill clips of the mk2 wont be in the right place for the slam panel (might not be) - there are 4 that clip along it (its the bit the bonnet clip locks into) - recall someone saying their sllam panel didnt have holes - diff set up on mk1 and mk2.

May need to reill holes and self tap it in place - then again you maybe ok.

Just thought I'd mention it...

mikeoxford
25-06-03, 12:02 AM
...but the grill clips of the mk2 wont be in the right place for the slam panel (might not be) - there are 4 that clip along it (its the bit the bonnet clip locks into) - recall someone saying their sllam panel didnt have holes - diff set up on mk1 and mk2.

May need to reill holes and self tap it in place - then again you maybe ok.

Just thought I'd mention it...

yes and no

only not their on VERY early models if i recall

mattcogg
25-06-03, 09:58 AM
Hi,

Just done mine yesterday! It seems there are many problems that could happen ade let me know most of them. The ones that I came across were the back bumper wasn't aligned with the clips on each side of the rear wing on the back. Fixed this by screwing the bumper with a self-tapper to the rear wing each side. My head lights,grill and wings all went on perfect. Front bumper was not a problem either. The only things u really need is clips - there is some that are underneath the headlight in the engine bay which hold the light in the place. Do this straight away as I didn't and now my head lights float up and down in the car. My car is a F-reg and the kit came off a H-reg. Nothing ever fits perfectly but you can always make it fit. My car now lookes a million times do it!!!!

Matt :D :D :D

Ben (lurk75)
27-06-03, 05:01 PM
Everything went on then Matt?

Let me know when your about next and i will come and have a look and see how well you done it :wink: