PDA

View Full Version : Colllies or Airbags?

novadose2009
21-05-11, 08:20 AM
my euro style nova is coming along nicely and its dropped on the ultra low gaz coilovers but there not as low as i want it. Ive been reading up on other solutions and airbags seem to be the best and cheaper then hydralics. I personally like coiliovers and believe in a fixed stance but airbags would give the the extra drop when car is stoped and also can be raised for speed bumps ect. So will be much more practical i have even found a airbag kit for a corsa b and been told it will fit the nova this link is below.

http://www.dsengineering.co.uk/airsuspensionkits.php?model=31

doe anyone no off anyone using airbags on there nova, corsa, astra ect?

pro's and con's?

thanks simon

Edd
21-05-11, 08:53 AM
Waste of money IMO cash would be better spent else where, build a very nice engine for that

It's going to weight a ton that kit !!!

No trying to be rude but what's the point in it being that low ? It's hardly going to be drivable

Prey
21-05-11, 11:58 AM
air is good for looks but if you want it to handle then you will have to really spend on really quality kit (from what ive read)

dj_wudgey
21-05-11, 12:15 PM
dont go air ride they dont handle that well and weigh sh*t loads!!

Bubba
21-05-11, 12:26 PM
bags are shocking...x's cally t had them. most uncomfortable ride ever....and the struts cracked :thumb:

paul james
21-05-11, 12:27 PM
Thats a hell of a lot of money, for £1200 you could just buy a second car with some custom tiny springs for it, or buy one of those Citroens that can drop to the floor as standard.

db_1.2
21-05-11, 12:49 PM
Bags. If it's what you want just do it. No point asking this lot, otherwise you'll end with a GSI on speedlines and a big block.

novadose2009
21-05-11, 12:58 PM
well i was more persuaded as i thought the ride would be better on bags then on the stops on the coilovers. and the fact that it can be raised at speedhumps and then once parked just drop it 2 the floor. thats the only way the nova will get any lower as its down on the stops.

there are drop kits and lift kits that are coilovers that are air filled to raise or lower it so maybe read into them.

BongMong
21-05-11, 02:25 PM
Bags. If it's what you want just do it. No point asking this lot, otherwise you'll end with a GSI on speedlines and a big block.

LOVE IT..

wwmnw
21-05-11, 02:36 PM

lollollol

OP, you may have the RSPCA on to you if you ride on Collies.

I'll get me coat.