PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

Paracidium
24-06-03, 12:21 PM
im trying to install a tacho, i have looked at the connector block for the ignition coil, there are three wires 1 thin black and a thick red and thick black. i read in a guide that i am looking for a green wire (to connect the tacho to) which isnt actually on the carbed novas, so does anyone know where to connect this wire to onto the igniton coil?
thanks, matt

rgv_stu
24-06-03, 01:43 PM
if its a mk1 with a square coil the green wire / tacho feed is off the remaining pin .you should have 4 pins and 3 are used allready. so your tacho feed to the spare pin

Paracidium
24-06-03, 01:57 PM
Well its on a mk2 but i still have a spare terminal, someone told me to connect to this, i think thats right,

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 03:15 PM
Well its on a mk2 but i still have a spare terminal, someone told me to connect to this,

yeah! so did stu above :roll: :lol:

Paracidium
26-06-03, 09:11 AM
yeah, i got it sorted now, it was that terminal cheers, the thing is i had to take the crappy taco back sos it was only working intermittantly piece of crap, its workin fine now i got a new one, matt

mikeoxford
26-06-03, 09:28 PM
yeah, i got it sorted now, it was that terminal cheers, the thing is i had to take the crappy taco back sos it was only working intermittantly piece of crap, its workin fine now i got a new one, matt

not from AB fletchers auto store was it? (notice you live in brum)

Paracidium
27-06-03, 01:13 PM
nar it was from shitefords but it was made by tim so i thort itd be ok, i go to flechers a lot tho, not a bad place

mikeoxford
29-06-03, 11:55 PM
nar it was from shitefords but it was made by tim so i thort itd be ok, i go to flechers a lot tho, not a bad place

spose to be enough cars meeting there this weekend gone