PDA

View Full Version : Nova crossed with 206cc shed on 20's

Rick Draper
23-06-03, 09:29 PM
While surfing the net the other night look at what one of the bitches i own passed on to me. One thing has to be said, the one in the advert looked better after some pikey had rammed it into a wall and had a elephant sit on the bonnet :lol:

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nova_on_20s.jpg

Rick

ollster
23-06-03, 10:54 PM
Havent you heard, filler is the new carbon fibre :lol:

RobIsGrt18
23-06-03, 11:02 PM
what the fcuk is that lol !! :o :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
23-06-03, 11:05 PM
It is sodding grose!

tonydry
23-06-03, 11:46 PM
lol thats someones project gone totaly out ov control

Ben (lurk75)
23-06-03, 11:54 PM
Some serious money has been put into it though, might look better when its finished, you cant really judge things fairly when there like that, he might be doing something completely different (well thats obvious but..)

elsey197
24-06-03, 12:48 AM
That looks like it could look quite good when finished, but looks like it needs sh*t loads of work before then :!:
Look at how deep the side skirts are :o

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 12:50 AM
:o wtf!?

looks like its bodged together on photoshop!

or it might just be my eyes :oops: :wink:

Ian
24-06-03, 01:19 AM
karthiks new project

fearless
24-06-03, 01:33 AM
karthiks new project

not enough self tappers or bits hangin off for him !!! LOL

Jim
24-06-03, 09:39 AM
karthiks new project

Thats what I was thinking. Bit unfair for people to judge it in it's current state. Lets wait and see what the finished car looks like.

Jim

Rick Draper
24-06-03, 11:07 AM
Fearless wrote:

not enough self tappers or bits hangin off for him !!! LOL

LOL Dave put your sniper rifel away you cud hurt someone!

Slimjim according to one source he has practically givern up on it and its sat there for months in that state.

Personally i would just have brought a 206cc.

Rick

Sid
24-06-03, 11:22 AM
so is that Karthik's??

wisewood
24-06-03, 12:31 PM
Bit unfair for people to judge it in it's current state. Lets wait and see what the finished car looks like.

exactly what i was thinking.

Matt Finary never let anyone see a picture of his project which was just as mad sounding as that thing looks. If he had shown us pictures of it during the build I am sure you would have all reacted like that.

If someone is gonna go to all the trouble of trying to create something truely unique they are bound to make the car look like a hybrid fcuk up before it all comes together.

dave.gsi
24-06-03, 01:18 PM
i think its looking good. 8) not sure about the rims though

Jim
24-06-03, 02:34 PM
Slimjim according to one source he has practically givern up on it and its sat there for months in that state.

I've heard he's been really busy with customer cars, so thats probably why it's been sat there. When was the picture taken? For all we know that pic could have been taken months ago, so the car could have come on loads since the picture was taken?

Jim

simon@novaheaven
24-06-03, 02:53 PM
i think it probably would have been easier if he just put the nova arches on a 206cc and slapped on some big wheels. lets hope it looks better upon completion.

Dave
24-06-03, 04:44 PM
well i'm confused a nova shell worked to look like a 206cc why not just buy the 206cc? or does he hate french cars that much??!
gonna look mad when it's done though

Ben (lurk75)
24-06-03, 04:56 PM
Matt Finary never let anyone see a picture of his project which was just as mad sounding as that thing looks. If he had shown us pictures of it during the build I am sure you would have all reacted like that.

The car that never apeared, spent ?kk's on it then let someone reverse over it with a fork lift, and never took a single photo of it.

Fester
24-06-03, 04:57 PM
what happened? i remember the prototype renault 5 wings etc

Ben (lurk75)
24-06-03, 05:00 PM
He had it in work as was about to be finished and some mate of his drove into it on a fork lift by accident!

Dave
24-06-03, 05:02 PM
do i detect a hint of non beleiving in your voice ben??! :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
24-06-03, 05:05 PM
no never

Just seemed odd, he was always very explicit about descriptions of what had been done to it and how far he was with it, then had a few months off in wich time was meant to be finished then he comes back and it has been wrote off.

Im not saying i doubt him, just would like to have seen some build pictures or the dead one.

djp_y2k
24-06-03, 06:41 PM
u cant really start slagging off the car. Its bloody obvious its not finished.

Its on 20's, got twin headlights from a 206 and a convertable so i've heard, may be wrong though. That alone sounds pretty insane to me.

I'm pretty dam sure this thing will look mad, but as per usual not every one will like it.

olly55
25-06-03, 12:24 AM
NO-ONE can judge tha tcar in its curreent state, that thing is goin to MENTAL i spoke 2 hi mbout it a whiel ago and he has sum mental mad ideas 4 it and he startedwork on them so it aint bollox,

where does the 206 bit come into it> the quads? nope they aint 206 im afraid i knowat ones the yare and lets jus say they aint easy to guess

where u get the pics rick?

?Marty?
25-06-03, 01:19 AM
Looks great to me.

djp_y2k
25-06-03, 08:52 AM
If u read wot I said :x

got twin headlights from a 206 and a convertable so i've heard, may be wrong though

Thats wot I thought some said but cant 100% remember.

Bring on the finished result, really looking forward to seeing it.

wisewood
25-06-03, 09:43 AM
Just seemed odd, he was always very explicit about descriptions of what had been done to it and how far he was with it, then had a few months off in wich time was meant to be finished then he comes back and it has been wrote off.

He is rebuilding the front end again so he said - gonna take him a while as it mangled his one off bumper that he spent so much time making - but i am sure he will be back.

chip_bored
25-06-03, 10:57 AM
NEVER SHOW A WOMAN OR AN IDIOT A HALF FINISHED JOB

They dont have the ability to visualise it finished.

It halfway through being built of course it looks like a fukking shed!

Chip

Sid
25-06-03, 11:03 AM
It halfway through being built of course it looks like a fukking shed!

I can relate to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben (lurk75)
25-06-03, 04:48 PM

He is rebuilding the front end again so he said - gonna take him a while as it mangled his one off bumper that he spent so much time making - but i am sure he will be back.

Glad to hear it.

dave.gsi
25-06-03, 08:07 PM
back with pictures???? or will the fairies fly off with the wheels first?? :lol:

Tilly
25-06-03, 08:11 PM
i thought that 2 ben

spanishfly
25-06-03, 11:12 PM
what isnt it a shame that k's scrapping it hey!!!!
it would ov looked mental!!! if only some of u knew!!! but i dont blame him, at the end of the day no matter what he done it would be mocked, for example, bretts nova, that is fucking mint, but if it was karthics nova (in the same state) it would automatically be shit!
any way, what does it bother him.....
He has a E46 M3.....hmmm now what would i prefere????????????????

oh and i'm not biased.... i own two nova's! i'm just facing reality.
oh and b4 someone says it, YES he is a good friend of mine!

Jules
25-06-03, 11:25 PM
For example, bretts nova, that is fcuk mint, but if it was karthics nova (in the same state) it would automatically be shit!

/Rant mode on
Errr If Bretts Nova was owned by anyone it would still be mint. The owner of the car has no bearing whatsoever on how good-a-job has been made to the final product, Bretts car has had thousands spent on it using only the highest quality parts that have been designed for the job that they are doing very very well, he's spent a lot in it but that's Brett's lookout, I know that K spent a lot of time on his Nova but before it's inital makeover there were self tapper screws holding the bumpers on and all sorts, now K may of changed that and I hope that he did, but from begining to end Bretts car has always been mint (Even when it was dark blue with the UK Supra scoop) and always will be because the money has been spent, it shouldn't rust, it shoudln't go wrong but if it does then I'm 100% sure Brett won't cut any corners in getting it put right - he hasn't scrimped and saved so far so why should he start now? He didn't start somethiong and give up half way through did he? Maybe that's where the mickey taking might come from?
/Rant mode off

Ben (lurk75)
25-06-03, 11:27 PM
what isnt it a shame that k's scrapping it hey!!!!
it would ov looked mental!!! if only some of u knew!!! but i dont blame him, at the end of the day no matter what he done it would be mocked, for example, bretts nova, that is fcuk mint, but if it was karthics nova (in the same state) it would automatically be shit!
any way, what does it bother him.....
He has a E46 M3.....hmmm now what would i prefere????????????????

oh and i'm not biased.... i own two nova's! i'm just facing reality.
oh and b4 someone says it, YES he is a good friend of mine!

So is he not finishing it?
It would have been good to see how it had progressed, not my typeof thing but his blue car was very well done as well. its good to see people build things well, dosent matter if its your idea of nice or not. Is worse when people take good ideas and do them badly.

i thought that 2 ben

Ahh i knew i chatted to someone about it, i think it was you who put the doubt in my mind if i remember now.

SKoob
26-06-03, 12:26 PM
are those focus twin lights then heh?

Ian
26-06-03, 12:35 PM
For example, bretts nova, that is fcuk mint, but if it was karthics nova (in the same state) it would automatically be shit!

/Rant mode on
Errr If Bretts Nova was owned by anyone it would still be mint. The owner of the car has no bearing whatsoever on how good-a-job has been made to the final product, Bretts car has had thousands spent on it using only the highest quality parts that have been designed for the job that they are doing very very well, he's spent a lot in it but that's Brett's lookout, I know that K spent a lot of time on his Nova but before it's inital makeover there were self tapper screws holding the bumpers on and all sorts, now K may of changed that and I hope that he did, but from begining to end Bretts car has always been mint (Even when it was dark blue with the UK Supra scoop) and always will be because the money has been spent, it shouldn't rust, it shoudln't go wrong but if it does then I'm 100% sure Brett won't cut any corners in getting it put right - he hasn't scrimped and saved so far so why should he start now? He didn't start somethiong and give up half way through did he? Maybe that's where the mickey taking might come from?
/Rant mode off

agree with jules 100%

and is this the same shell as the blue one? cos karthik personally told me at a birmingham cruise that the shell was past it and no good which is why it was for sale

if he has given up i suspect it is because he has cut the roof off and no has no strength in the shell. basically ruined it.

Dannova12
26-06-03, 01:32 PM
sapnishfly was that you the other day that beeped at me in the white astra.

also didnt realise K was giving up with that one, whats he gona do with everything on it, air bags etc?

Aitn been to see him at the new place in shepperton yet but should go down as i still havent had the back end of my car sorted yet.

Ben (lurk75)
26-06-03, 05:35 PM
I read the Total vaux feature on bretts and have read all posts on here about it and thought was over rated, seen it at PV and realised how well it has been done and could understand why it gets such high regard.

fearless
26-06-03, 09:32 PM
I read the Total vaux feature on bretts and have read all posts on here about it and thought was over rated, seen it at PV and realised how well it has been done and could understand why it gets such high regard.

Cheers 4 all the good comments about bretts car - it's nice to know people who tamper with nova's and know the car inside out appreciate the effort that gone into building a car like bretts !!

Although people say thousands of pounds have been spent on it - i think its the attention to detail that make the car stand out - not the cost of the parts on it!!! - That level of build is capable of many of u guys if u take ur time and don't 'bodge' things (And believe me - it's took me some time to get it to that level !!!) Everythings in the way u present things - do the job right and as neat as possible and the finished product will impress the people in the know !!

Hope 2 see some novas this show season with the same effort and presentation thats gone into bretts !

dan16v
28-06-03, 12:47 PM
well said! bretts car imo is the best nova ever! no silly bumpers etc engine that is usable ie not under powered not over powered and just the whole quality of the car is wicked

matg
29-06-03, 10:06 AM
That picture of Kathricks nova is about 9months old by the way. Someone sent me that and i think it was even on this board last year just before christmas???. So i would have thought it was nearly finished by now or indeed finished??

So has he scrapped it then?

Also the whole 206cc thing came from a comment on mig the other day when someone posted the pic up (yet again) and its stuck. Its quite funny really one member on mig puts the pic up another comments it looks like a 206cc......next thing it has 206cc lights LOL

spanishfly
01-07-03, 01:49 PM
i agree bretts is a very nice car, never said it wasn't:)
yes dan was me in the mk3 astra:)
atm that car is currently sitting in his workshop being used as a skip:) oh ian 'that rotting shell' thing was to throw people of the new project, just like saying for example you've sold the car and bought something else etc. N E way as i said before does it really matter he has an M3 now!!! FACE it even the best nova (be it bretts or n e one elses) will never be as good as a E 46 M3!!!!

Ian
01-07-03, 02:52 PM
WOW he has an m3 so? you want people to bow down and kiss his feet like on cruise south?

badge snobbery is so 1990 :P

?Marty?
01-07-03, 03:57 PM
My mate bought his wife a Ferrari F40 and himself drives round in a Lamborghini Diablo.

I have sat in the passenger seat.

Bow down and kiss my feet.

:roll:

Man makes the money, money never makes the man. There are no posessions. Only obsession.

I worship no one. Kill your idols.

Chris S
01-07-03, 05:47 PM
couldn't give 2 monkeys if he's got a M3 Evo or plastic pig.
M3 at pod got beat buy a Lotus carlton.
2.0 XE Nova beat a lotus carlton.
nuff said

?Marty?
02-07-03, 12:18 AM
And then.......

The nova got eaten by rust? :lol:

Sorry.

dave.gsi
02-07-03, 12:59 AM
and then...........................

the m3 got stolen and used in a bank job.............................

and the lotus carlton was carjacked and shipped off to some arabic price to zoom round the desert in