PDA

View Full Version : best 6x9's??

Fergie_sfc
23-06-03, 09:27 PM
at the moment i've got some pioneer TS-E6995 300Watt. i've kinda ruined them by running an 800Watt Kenwood amp through them, probably gonna sell the amp now but what 6x9's do you lot recomend?

fergie.

Tazzy
24-06-03, 02:34 AM
400watt VDOs!

epo
25-06-03, 05:58 PM
i wudnt bother with ne 6x9 just get a decent compnant kit mine packed up a bit ago had jbl 1's and me system sounds loads better without em

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 03:19 PM
Infinity Kappa 693.5i's are very good, Alpines are superb aswell, though more qaulity than power. i myself perfer quality.

Jules
26-06-03, 07:24 PM
Agree with Epo_SRi (Where my cheque for these CD's btw?!?! ;) )
But if you have to have 6x9's then I'd go for Infintys as the rest of their speakers are good so no reason why the 6x9s shouldn't be.

Stuart
26-06-03, 09:07 PM
rare from me

i have a set of infinity 693.5! reference (not kappa) 6*9's (well i think thats the sodding number)

theya re amazing quality, crystal clear. one minor let down is the woofer cant quite keep up with very fast trance/dance/D&B, luckily i dont listen to too much fast fast stuff.

for hip hop/rnb/pop/rock/classical/radio2 lol they are perfect and id assume fairly cheap now (although i paid about ?60 for mine brand new just over 2 years ago

Jules
26-06-03, 11:03 PM
The Infinity 'reference' range is more for the music quality and clarity than volume (That's where the Kappa range come in).
My front components and 10" sub is reference and my rear fill 2 ways are uni-plane Kappas (Ultra thin thingys) - sound quality is awesome - helped by a Genesis amp (Love these British_built_by_hand amps!!)
:wink:

RobHardyUK
26-06-03, 11:27 PM
i wudnt bother with ne 6x9 just get a decent compnant kit mine packed up a bit ago had jbl 1's and me system sounds loads better without em

thats cos jbls r sh!te :D

infinty kappas r imo the best for grunt, if u want quality, alpine SWRs, DEFINATELY sure of this one. they r fantastic. so clear. bass could b bit better, but they dnt distort or anything. its what i will DEF buy next.

SKoob
27-06-03, 01:20 AM
what about audio bahn? they suppsoed to be the best :|

RobHardyUK
27-06-03, 01:43 AM
never heard ne, but heard most! one other make i aint heard is fusion, they got to be good, there subs r superb. alpine mate! :D

epo
27-06-03, 05:00 PM
i agree rob deffo shite wudnt buy em again but audio bahrn r shit hot me mates got em in his punto heard em yesterday and u can unclip the tweeter on em and mount it else where quite a neat little gadget

Yoshi
27-06-03, 07:25 PM
Try Alpine SPR 694A's if you have the money. If you get to see them, you will see the quality- and that sound fantastic. If you dont have the budget, try SPS 690's. They are excellent. Dont run a huge amp in it though!

RobHardyUK
28-06-03, 11:05 PM
Try Alpine SPR 694A's if you have the money. If you get to see them, you will see the quality- and that sound fantastic. If you dont have the budget, try SPS 690's. They are excellent. Dont run a huge amp in it though!

agreed, the cheapest ones are the sps 6929s ones tho. SWRs are the best, quality is gr8, if u want punch tho, inifintys.