PDA

View Full Version : C20XE nova alternator belt length?

B16_OJB
12-05-11, 07:34 PM
C20XE nova alternator belt length?

does anyone know which belt is the best length?

the one i have on at the min is a tad too long and it rubs the body when turning slightly.

Very annoying :mad: when i have just repainted all the engine bay!

thanks for ya help guys!

Tony M
12-05-11, 08:46 PM
You just use the standard XE belt?! Where is it exactly catching?

Southie
12-05-11, 09:07 PM
Just get a piece of string and measure what your needing and then take it to a local motorfactors incase you need an obscure size ;)

Nova_Tek
12-05-11, 09:10 PM
Would've thought the standard XE one would do or an 8v one as well (if you're using the v belt)

B16_OJB
16-05-11, 08:35 PM
Just get a piece of string and measure what your needing and then take it to a local motorfactors incase you need an obscure size ;)

simple but it will work a treat.

i will have a doo at that mate.

Spudly
16-05-11, 09:12 PM
Off the top of my head you need a 910-920mm belt, i asked this question a while back for mine!

B16_OJB
16-05-11, 09:25 PM
Off the top of my head you need a 910-920mm belt, i asked this question a while back for mine!

arh sound....before buyin i just better check lol

cheers anyway

comptoncj
16-05-11, 11:08 PM
After having similar problems myselt (turning left with some power on = crunch) i tried all sorts of different belts, the one that was on my engine to start with was a 950, so i had a look in the stores and found a 913 which wouldnt stretch over the pulleys, i then had a problem with tensioning the belt as in order for the alternator to be lined up with the slot on the braket the shortest belt i could use was a 935 but this is still a bit hit and miss on the clearance.

B16_OJB
17-05-11, 12:06 PM
After having similar problems myselt (turning left with some power on = crunch) i tried all sorts of different belts, the one that was on my engine to start with was a 950, so i had a look in the stores and found a 913 which wouldnt stretch over the pulleys, i then had a problem with tensioning the belt as in order for the alternator to be lined up with the slot on the braket the shortest belt i could use was a 935 but this is still a bit hit and miss on the clearance.

yeah yeah...thats what it does!!

its a bar steward!