PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong

gavmc18
23-06-03, 06:14 PM
my nova gsi sounds like it is mis firing slightly i have changed the spark plugs what else could it be

adam-s
23-06-03, 07:14 PM
Leads
Distributor cap
rotor arm
plug gaps
water in distibutor/leads

Dicko
24-06-03, 10:50 AM
hole in vaccum pipes (the thin pipes at the back)

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 03:20 PM
hole in vaccum pipes (the thin pipes at the back)

or even loose - missing pipes if theyve come off

gavmc18
24-06-03, 06:35 PM
thanks for all that ill check it all

Paracidium
26-06-03, 09:24 AM
I had exactly the same problem yesterday, tho it was terrible misfiring, totally outta the blue :? i changed the leads and cleaned the heat sheilds and spark plugs, it has got better but aint perfect, does anyone know where i kan get cheaper heat sheilds from cos gm want 8.00 a piece,
also i need an expansion tank if anyones got one?
matt

Dicko
26-06-03, 09:30 AM
its all this hot weather!!

try just novas i got a newish looking 1 for ?5

there ?20 from vuax

Aragorn
26-06-03, 09:40 AM
cleaned what heat shields?

the one on the zorst manifodl?

why would it deing dirty affect the car :|

Paracidium
26-06-03, 09:41 AM
wil do, the other thing, 'bout the distributor cap, is it that hard to get it off, cos in the haynes manual it sais about puttin the car in first gear and rolling it forward till you hear a click or some crap, any ideas? btw cheers for the alloys dicko, i got em cleaned up gonna get new tyres on the weekend, matt

Dicko
26-06-03, 09:47 AM
think he ment on the spark plug covers.

what engine is in that mate?

no problem with alloys, did u get home ok?

Paracidium
26-06-03, 10:03 AM
yeah got home fine in jus over an hour, its only a 1.2 engine :? cant afford insurance on anything else, good thing is its only done 38k, sum1 told me to change the copper bushes in the distributor to alsp prevent the car from misfiring, it isnt to bad but i can tell theree a problem just after the biting point, what do you think is worth changing?

Paracidium
26-06-03, 10:18 AM
yer i meant the heat sheilds that extend the terminal on the spark plugs to stop the ht leads from melting. anyways, any ideas on what else to change/do?

Dicko
26-06-03, 11:11 AM
1.2 carb or 1.2i?

mine did this once and it was the dizzy module, however seen as its not freezing cold which usualy cuases it i dunno.

sounded ok to me last night, except the serious revving to get of my driveway :P

Paracidium
26-06-03, 01:12 PM
heh, im not used to driveways like that, kinda tight and on a slope :roll: anyways its a 1.2 carb, i got some new spark plugs today cos the others werent great, bloke at vauxhall said it could be the dizzy, ill see neway, matt