PDA

View Full Version : gsi front bumpers?

DEE'S NOVA
23-06-03, 04:03 PM
right was talking about how many screws and that it take to fit it a while ago .mY bumper gas a hole at each side right at the eadge is where it would side into the winf but when i went to tv at the pod i was looking and a few car never had any screws here so where abouts do the screws go to hold the bumper into positon? :roll:

adam-s
23-06-03, 07:21 PM
they screw into the wing on mk2's even the standard little bumpree do's but some people are lazy just drill some little holes and put some self tapping screws in them but paint the holes in the wing with touch up paint or something
:D

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 12:34 AM
they screw into the wing on mk2's even the standard little bumpree do's but some people are lazy just drill some little holes and put some self tapping screws in them but paint the holes in the wing with touch up paint or something
:D

enamel nail varnish also works :D

ade
24-06-03, 06:25 PM
enamel nail varnish also works

Mike (Michelle at the weekends) has various colours! :lol:

Joking m8

Yeah - screws for mk2 bumpers - theres 4 - 2 each side - 1 at the top and one at the bottom on each side. mk1 ones might be different as there were various styles - it also depends on the wings you have (think mk1 ones only had 1 screw hole). My mk2 bumpers (standard and gsi one) had 4 screws (2 each side) - 10mm nut with built in washer fixed to head. Screwed into a plastic block moulded onto the back of the bumper

Like Adam said - if they aint there, use self tappers - just make sure you epoxy resin some wooden blocks in place 1st on the bumper so you dont screw through the bumper outer skin!

:?

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 09:46 PM
enamel nail varnish also works

Mike (Michelle at the weekends) has various colours! :lol:

sssssssssshhhh i havent come out the closet yet!

damn you!

adam-s
24-06-03, 10:38 PM
not yet anyway

DEE'S NOVA
25-06-03, 12:22 PM
those block things on the bumper ur talking about ade well one has been snapped off so is there a way of fixingf a new one on ideas on a postcard plz :lol:

Ste_Nova
25-06-03, 12:34 PM
glue it on

mikeoxford
25-06-03, 11:29 PM
glue it on

summat like a hot glue gun or epoxy resin commonly known as araldite