PDA

View Full Version : 9" boot neon

maxer90
23-06-03, 02:47 PM
I recently bought a 9" neon for my boot coz I havnt got a boot light but I dont know whether to wire it up with a direct live to the fuse box or battery or wire it to the live for my amp :?: Can people please give me some well needed advice. thanx

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 12:28 AM
I recently bought a 9" neon for my boot coz I havnt got a boot light but I dont know whether to wire it up with a direct live to the fuse box or battery or wire it to the live for my amp :?: Can people please give me some well needed advice. thanx

i have disconnected my boot light, and wired it to that, so its on when you pop the boot.

the wires will be behind the trim, so what i suggest you do is get the switch from a scrapyard, and just wire it up from there. u dont want it on alot of the time.

VauxMD
24-06-03, 04:50 PM
9" boot neon.

Just one question, WHY? The whole piont of them is so you can't see the tube... putting it in the boot rather negates that.

High power LEDS would be almost invisible and just as easy to wire up.

But to answer your question, as Mike said - wire it to your boot light switch.

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 09:50 PM
i have to say in his defense - i have a 24" neon in my boot, and where it is mounted on my stealth shelf, you cannot see the tube even when the lid is raised on the cords.

only if you duck down underneath and i think it does look good in my boot :roll: dare i say it

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 09:52 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=780
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=780

maxer90
25-06-03, 05:02 PM
I havnt got a boot light switch coz there wasnt a boot light there in the first place.

epo
25-06-03, 06:25 PM
ive gone 4 the led's 2 i used 2 be and auto spark wirin up ambulances sum 1 left sum of the led clusters lyin about so i thought ill ave em 4 me boot look spot on 2

cant u fit the catch so when u open ur boot the light comes on try the scrappies

mikeoxford
25-06-03, 11:18 PM
I havnt got a boot light switch coz there wasnt a boot light there in the first place.

i know your a newbie but i gotta be harsh here sorry :roll: didnt i say about four posts ago why not get the switch from another nova?

tim_annetts
26-06-03, 12:40 AM
mikeoxford i have to say in maxer90 defence wat hes saying is there is nothing to start with so wats he going to start at e.g. there is nothing to work with!!

mikeoxford
26-06-03, 09:23 PM
mikeoxford i have to say in maxer90 defence wat hes saying is there is nothing to start with so wats he going to start at e.g. there is nothing to work with!!

:lol:

ur loosing me even more!!!

what im suggesting - perhaps its not obvious enough?

is to go to a scrap yard, get the switch out of a nova that DOES have a boot light as standard in it. fit the switch to his car - THEN run the neon off that?

:?

other than that i ent got a clue why everything is getting so confused / complicated all of a sudden!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tim_annetts
27-06-03, 12:55 AM
i know wat u mean now!!!