PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 CZT

Hoochie
10-05-11, 04:17 PM
Anyone have any experience of these little things??

Well since i'm sick to the back teeth of looking at Astra sri/gsi's and Fiesta ST/Zetec s's

We came across one of these things on Autotrader, and couldn't believe they have more power than my pug gti :wtf: and don't look too bad.

Anyway insurance was looking at being more too, till today when i got a decent quote from our friends at at Sky......:d

Could do with some feedback please, good or bad, as we know fook all about these cars.

Cheers in advance.....:thumb:

skyinsurance
10-05-11, 04:19 PM
http://www.coltuk.org/phpbb3/index.php

Jack
10-05-11, 05:25 PM
Yep, Hayley has one.

Its a decent little car. Good power, lightweight - will outrun an XE Nova - lots of room inside, comfy. Handling is a bit squiffy at times, but should be a massive improvement on your pug.

Mitsubishi customer service is crap though lol

[edit] You won't get much info from coltuk, when I had a nose on there I seem to recall not many of them had CZT's. And I'm pretty sure thats the forum where someone was trying to turn off traction control by driving along and randomly pulling fuses out lol :wisewood: :tard:

Hoochie
10-05-11, 05:52 PM
Yep, Hayley has one.

Its a decent little car. Good power, lightweight - will outrun an XE Nova - lots of room inside, comfy. Handling is a bit squiffy at times, but should be a massive improvement on your pug.

Mitsubishi customer service is crap though lol

[edit] You won't get much info from coltuk, when I had a nose on there I seem to recall not many of them had CZT's. And I'm pretty sure thats the forum where someone was trying to turn off traction control by driving along and randomly pulling fuses out lol :wisewood: :tard:
Thanks Jack, i did have a nose on there but couldn't find anything, i seriously need rid of this bloody pug...... i just fuelled up this morning as the last £30 i put in got me 98 miles.:eek:

Hayley
10-05-11, 06:15 PM
Here is mine :d

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/31097_397320267970_617982970_4300596_4250669_n.jpg

I lurve it. Id agree that the handling is a bit wonky at times but I think thats coz its like a bloomin high sided van... well compared to Jacks Celica anyway.
The CZT model has got some nice extras and I think it goes well enough.

You got a good quote from sky aye.... Ill remember that for when mine is up for renewal.

I had a Pug before buying this and I WILL NEVER BUY A FRENCH CAR EVER AGAIN! Ive had no mechanical trouble with the colt. touch wood. (snigger)

But the thing you have to remember the most is that Fitzi drives a mitsi. lol

Spudly
10-05-11, 06:26 PM
i just fuelled up this morning as the last £30 i put in got me 98 miles.:eek:

Bloody hell what engine size is it, ive had £40 through my astra since last thursday night when i got it back and ive done 160 miles so far, and ive still got well over quarter of a tank left:d

1.6 16v mk4 astra SXi on a 2003 reg btw:p

Hayley
10-05-11, 06:40 PM
Thanks Jack, i did have a nose on there but couldn't find anything, i seriously need rid of this bloody pug...... i just fuelled up this morning as the last £30 i put in got me 98 miles.:eek:

I keep notes on my mileage and im averaging over 35mpg. It costs about £65 to fill the tank and im getting about 380 miles out of her.

Hoochie
10-05-11, 06:46 PM

I lurve it. Id agree that the handling is a bit wonky at times but I think thats coz its like a bloomin high sided van... well compared to Jacks Celica anyway.
The CZT model has got some nice extras and I think it goes well enough.

You got a good quote from sky aye.... Ill remember that for when mine is up for renewal.

I had a Pug before buying this and I WILL NEVER BUY A FRENCH CAR EVER AGAIN! Ive had no mechanical trouble with the colt. touch wood. (snigger)

But the thing you have to remember the most is that Fitzi drives a mitsi. lol This is what i wanted to hear :thumb:....the one i've seen is silver( with orange wheels...lol) but for the price it's perfect, so as it's in Manchester( i think) it's a long way to go to just view.

Thanks Hayley...:)

Hoochie
10-05-11, 06:46 PM
Bloody hell what engine size is it, ive had £40 through my astra since last thursday night when i got it back and ive done 160 miles so far, and ive still got well over quarter of a tank left:d

1.6 16v mk4 astra SXi on a 2003 reg btw:p

Spud its a 2.0 Gti...piece of petrol guzzling poo!!!..:roll:

Hayley
10-05-11, 06:48 PM
silver with orange wheels!? awesome. !

Hoochie
10-05-11, 07:01 PM
silver with orange wheels!? awesome. !
Ohhhhhhhhhh they have painted the wheels black now...:cry:

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1654416358

Very tempted to go tomorrow and look/buy...:d

Jack
10-05-11, 07:06 PM
http://photos.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_52/car_photo_26280_7.jpg

Version-R FTW :d

Hayley
10-05-11, 07:06 PM
ive got silver wheels on my black car. ill do a swap :d

Sturge
10-05-11, 08:06 PM
If she gets it, the rattle cans will be out at the weekend! lol

Jack
10-05-11, 08:41 PM
I'd be a bit wary tbh, that one is the cheapest on autotrader. Its also had various bits changed. Might be worth seeing if there's any a bit more local to test drive first so you get the feel of them and can spot anything amiss on that one.

If there's one thing I've learned from 6 years of Jap turbo ownership, its cheapest <> best lol

Hoochie
10-05-11, 09:04 PM
At 95 miles away, that one is the closest to us, this was the problem with all cars i was looking at........we seem to be a million miles from civilization..:(
There is 1 on PH which is also in Manc and more miles on it....

Ohhh what to do!!..:confused:

Hayley
10-05-11, 09:06 PM
67 years?!! :eek: how old are you

Hayley
10-05-11, 09:07 PM
At 95 miles away, that one is the closest to us, this was the problem with all cars i was looking at........we seem to be a million miles from civilization..:(

Make a day trip out of it. so even if the car is gak, you still have something nice to do in that area :thumb:

Hoochie
10-05-11, 09:21 PM
Make a day trip out of it. so even if the car is gak, you still have something nice to do in that area :thumb:

Sounds a plan, Sturge is going to ring him tomorrow...:)

Jack
10-05-11, 10:10 PM
67 years?!! :eek: how old are you
I'm a time lord

Hobbit
11-05-11, 12:30 AM
I'm a lord

agreed

tommy8252
12-05-11, 07:26 AM

Get used to it, you ARE in the middle of nowhere now and WILL have to travel for everything. In the last 2 weeks I've done around 800 miles to collect 2 engines.

But if your going down to Manchester there's always the trafford centre or blackpool ain't too far away either.

Hoochie
12-05-11, 08:50 AM
Get used to it, you ARE in the middle of nowhere now and WILL have to travel for everything. In the last 2 weeks I've done around 800 miles to collect 2 engines.

But if your going down to Manchester there's always the trafford centre or blackpool ain't too far away either.

( more like Royson Vasey)

As it happens this one is just round the corner from the Trafford Centre.... which is 137 miles away, so 411 mile round trip in 2 cars is not good with the price of fuel now.

mowgli
12-05-11, 09:45 AM
i'd never buy a car that someone painted the wheels black on... it will have been thrashed....

but i have had a lot to do with mitsubishi vehicles, mostly pickups & a spacestar, and they really are reliable vehicles.. in 4 years of owning the spacestar, we didn't even change a bulb on it.

Stanley
12-05-11, 11:22 AM
I have one for sale at my work!

In White!

2 Secs i'll get a link.....

Stanley
12-05-11, 11:23 AM
*******, its not on the website.

Deffo still got it though!

Hoochie
12-05-11, 11:25 AM
I have one for sale at my work!

In White!

2 Secs i'll get a link.....

if possible, Can you pm me the details please,...:thumb:

Stanley
12-05-11, 11:28 AM
I'll call my boss later as im off today.

Were in Dumfries so not tooooo far away from you mate.

PM En route ;-)

Stanley
12-05-11, 11:37 AM
Car looks identical to these ones.

Its a Colt Ralliart.

Tidy wee car!

http://www.distrocar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2008-Mitsubishi-Colt-CZT-Front-Side-590x443.jpg
http://images.motors.net/d/used-photos/44224/400x/0/0/FL60HKE.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/i/ng/sh/carenthu/20090507/17/395566256-mitsubishi-colt-ralliart-new-arrival.jpg?x=566&y=480&q=80&sig=DKxOeQXYN.9Xfki7Nwxoig--

Jack
12-05-11, 03:04 PM
i'd never buy a car that someone painted the wheels black on... it will have been thrashed....
I painted the wheels on my Nova black lol

Agreed on reliability - Hayley's has been good. Thinking about bulbs though, both dipped ones popped within a few months of each other and you better have small japhands to change them lol

Saloony
12-05-11, 04:02 PM

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/31097_397320267970_617982970_4300596_4250669_n.jpg

If only it still looked like that eh Hayley? lol

Cooper
12-05-11, 04:34 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q254/Coopermans/4b52b983.jpg

I convinced my Mum to buy one after some one set fire to her old car, got £2k off from the scrappage scheme because the old car was still running just a bit burnt.
She wanted something with a bit more poke but still small enough for running about in so I came up with a short list of hatches to test drive. Made it as far as the mitsi garage drove the Swift, not impressed, drove the Ralliart, sold.
Been faultless but to be fair she has only done 8000 miles in it. Once she had run it in I took it for a blast and it goes well, gets a little bit twitchy if you give it real stick. All round tho a cracking car.

Hayley
12-05-11, 08:48 PM
If only it still looked like that eh Hayley? lol

Cheeky so and so. You better watch you back, I shall send Jack down to Whoop your ass lol

Saloony
13-05-11, 08:21 AM
Cheeky so and so. You better watch you back, I shall send Jack down to Whoop your ass lol

lol the bleeder couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag lol.. oh hi jackie poo's :p