PDA

View Full Version : exhaust help

Dicko
23-06-03, 12:34 PM
basialy iv got a nova and currently have a ful magnex system, where only the magnex manifold will fit onto it as its a bigger bore and different fitment onto the system (reversed from std fitment, i.e, male/female reversed).

is there anywhere that sells exhaust fitments like this, as you would find on the end of an exhaust system to join a downpipe.

I was hoping to weld 1 onto my downpipe to mate upto the system.

iv herd tweaks do them but cant see anything in the catalouge

NovaNeil
23-06-03, 07:51 PM
I had the exact same problem about a year ago. I had a GSi with Magnex System on it, then I brought the Magnex Manifold to put on as well and found the coupling on the manifold was the same as the System. I spent Weeks trying to find an adapter to join the two. Adventually I found one, but it ment that when fitted it pushed the system back about 1", pushing it all out of line.
In the end I took it to powerflow who cut the coupling on the system off and welded a new one on to fit the Manifold. All in it cost ?65, including fitting the manifold.

VauxMD
23-06-03, 10:32 PM
Personally I'd contact them direct. Explain that their manifold isn't compatable with the car and doesn't even fit their own system. Although the Powerflow option is a good solution as well.

Paul16v
23-06-03, 10:58 PM
i put a magnex 4 branch on my sri nova and i had a power flow exhaust and the flanges were the same so i cut flange off the standard sri down pipe and welded it on to the powerflow middle pipe.

Ben (lurk75)
23-06-03, 11:43 PM
Go to your local exhaust ftters and see what they have as they have gaskets and couplings for most situations then pay the poor guy on the national minimum wage 50 pence and your away.

mikeoxford
24-06-03, 12:01 AM
:lol: bin it, the whole lot, fit standard equipment :lol:

THEN

u might just find one of the strut braces from supernovas fits :lol: