PDA

View Full Version : trick little touch's

richi
08-05-11, 06:27 PM
just started doing the bodywork on my nova, trying to keep it standard but with a couple off one offs, just after some inspiration from you guys, stuff like vents or smoothing pics would be great
i had a folder full of ideas then my pc died on me grrrrrrrr

moffat
08-05-11, 06:28 PM
what model you got? mk1 or mk2?

Iain
08-05-11, 06:28 PM
Smoothed aerial, side repeaters, locks and maybe fuel filler cap is always a good start

richi
08-05-11, 06:35 PM
what model you got? mk1 or mk2?

mk2 pal, it is a track car but no reason it cant look nice aswell lol

moffat
08-05-11, 06:37 PM
mk2 pal, it is a track car but no reason it cant look nice aswell lol

true lol as iain says smoothed side reapeters, aerial looks good, smoothed grab handle, trooper bonnet vent looks good.

richi
08-05-11, 06:44 PM
was looking at vents not really a fan of the trooper ones, but one day thinking of changing it to carbs so working vents would be good, thinking of some lourvered (is that how you spell it) vents on the wings

swedge
08-05-11, 06:44 PM
jap body kit, 19" rims with spinners fart can exhaust neons

:)

richi
08-05-11, 06:59 PM
jap body kit, 19" rims with spinners fart can exhaust neons

:)

i think this is the way to go big vents in the bummpers help with cooling lol btw you missed lambo doors;)

swedge
08-05-11, 07:04 PM
i think this is the way to go big vents in the bummpers help with cooling lol btw you missed lambo doors;)

cut some holes in your bumper then chop the top and bottom of a big milk bottle and tape them on to up

ducting for brake cooling :)

richi
09-05-11, 05:13 PM
thinking i will start searching through the gallery again

peester
09-05-11, 07:41 PM
to be honest, i think all youll find are been and done tweeks/modifications in the gallery and so on.
Best bet is look outside of the nova circles, vauxhall circles even.
Sites like www.cleaned.be (http://www.cleaned.be), speedhunters, edition38, there are many more.

richi
09-05-11, 09:50 PM
will have a look see thanks

Bubba
09-05-11, 09:58 PM
roof chop...there's at least 3 inches of pillar weighing you down

Smoothed aerial, side repeaters, locks and maybe fuel filler cap is always a good start

early mk1 wings already done ;)

richi
10-05-11, 05:41 PM
roof chop...there's at least 3 inches of pillar weighing you down

early mk1 wings already done ;)

not after anything ground breaking just nice little touchs, noticed the smoothed bumpers which i really like so thinking of doing that

Bubba
10-05-11, 07:44 PM
ive not seen it, but gutter removal, smooth out the boxy bits on the arches so theres no big fold in the metal, flare the arches?

richi
10-05-11, 08:29 PM
yeah flaring the archs i was thinking of but i do like the boxy archs think it would lose its character if i got rid, i did have a pic of a nova with no gutters sure the guy said it was really hard to do, something about thats where the roof is held on from