PDA

View Full Version : xev to LET

General Baxter
07-05-11, 11:56 PM
are the bell housing bolts and sump mounting points the same ?

mowgli
08-05-11, 12:41 AM
i think they are. its things like the number of flywheel bolts that are different.

joff-turbo-nova
08-05-11, 08:21 AM
Yep they are.

When I put the XE in the Vectra a couple of years ago I kept the same original vectra gearbox and everything bolted up fine on the gearbox and the offside front engine mount.

If its going in a Vectra you may want to cobble together a top stabliser mount as the offside engine mount is quite low down and it lets the engine sway a bit without the top stabliser.

If you have the single V pulleys on the crank and alternator you will need to swap them to the multi-v belt set up so you can still run the power steering pump.

Any other questions or if you need some pics just let me know.

Joff

Nobby
08-05-11, 09:32 AM
no exactly the same but it does fit theres 3 bolts across the bottom of the bellhousing that dont go back in.

joff-turbo-nova
08-05-11, 09:54 AM
If I remember correctly these are the ones that bolt through the sump - you could always use the XEV sump if you want , not sure if the XE oil pick up pipe is in the same place though.

Joff

Nobby
08-05-11, 09:56 AM
If I remember correctly these are the ones that bolt through the sump - you could always use the XEV sump if you want , not sure if the XE oil pick up pipe is in the same place though.

Joff

yeah i think so mate u changd a f18 to f16 the other day lol