PDA

View Full Version : FK coilovers

moffat
07-05-11, 11:11 PM
see theres 2 types of these, ones with short springs and helper springs and the others have a single long spring... anyone had experiance with the latter? i know there never going be as good as GAZ/AVO etc but just cant afford them so looking into FK's also anyone got any links to the ones with the long springs as i cant seem to find any?

Mark
07-05-11, 11:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CorsaNova/NovaSaloon/3e8e25b1.jpg

Progressive long spring version.

moffat
07-05-11, 11:17 PM
thats them. how did you find them on the car?

Mark
07-05-11, 11:20 PM
They haven't seen the road yet unfortunately.

Andy
07-05-11, 11:21 PM
theyre dog muck,i hated every minute of them

MK999
07-05-11, 11:22 PM
thats them. how did you find them on the car?

Bollocks as expected, for handling get a strut/spring setup.

The progressive is a nice idea but it just goes coil bound as soon as the cars weight is on it, they twang round when you turn the wheel because the platforms are crap, they don't react the way dampers should and should generally only be used to stop you blowing out struts with -120mm springs on them.

moffat
07-05-11, 11:32 PM
Cant go for spring strut set-up due to wanting car pretty low. Guess al need to save for gaz then

Mark
07-05-11, 11:36 PM
Shame your not closer or I'd lend you these to try..

MK999
07-05-11, 11:40 PM
Cant go for spring strut set-up due to wanting car pretty low. Guess al need to save for gaz then

Cheap, low, good handling. Pick 2.

"Cheap" being defined as no expense on changing the suspension geometry with machined parts to counteract the bump steer regardless of quality of suspension.

Mieran
07-05-11, 11:45 PM
I had the highsport version (blue springs)

They are sh1te, I rather understeer everywhere on standard suspension!

DW-Nova
08-05-11, 02:14 AM
You get what you pay for with suspension much the same as most things in life! Steer clear of these and check out the Spax RSX coilovers I have for sale for £350.

moffat
08-05-11, 01:39 PM
Shame your not closer or I'd lend you these to try..

ahh its ok chief, cars not on the road anyway, just looking into parts atm

You get what you pay for with suspension much the same as most things in life! Steer clear of these and check out the Spax RSX coilovers I have for sale for £350.

was thinking of spax rsx but think gaz be better suit for what im after tbh. cheers anyway