PDA

View Full Version : x14xe

nova_sr_boi1991
07-05-11, 10:25 PM
just wondering how hard i can rev my x14xe with gsi head/ jenveys ect on hydraulic lifters and also whats the biggest cam i can run with standard pistons

thanks in advance

mk1nova_rich
07-05-11, 10:30 PM
Should be safe to around 7k IMO but I would look into ARP rod bolts if you havnt already

nova_sr_boi1991
07-05-11, 10:45 PM
yeh ive got a set of arrow rods, arps, 3 angled valve gsi head which has been skimmed, ported with tony law manifold and jenveys ect and now looking for the cams to go with it

Dayle_
08-05-11, 10:36 AM
Without pocketing the pistons you can run the mildest fast road cams from piper/kent/newman. but to be fair for the money you would spend they aren't worth it.

While the pistons are out you'd be better taking them to a machine shop haviing them put 2mm valve cutouts or while it looks like you have spend a shed load of money all ready forged pistons with cutouts.

What management are you running this on?

"just noticed your head has been skimmed so you may struggle with any after market cams as the valve to piston tolerance is very high on these engines as standard"

nova_sr_boi1991
08-05-11, 04:31 PM
ive got a dta, i was assured it was the lighthest ov skims to make sure it was a gd true surface, i think im going to bite the bullet and get some omega pistons aswell now,

Dayle_
08-05-11, 09:53 PM
Can't go wrong with DTA, wwmnw was selling some pistons.

peester
08-05-11, 10:04 PM
my advice is speak to bowyers/sbd's/etc - theyre the ones that have seen/mapped experienced a load of different spec. of these engines..

philip
11-05-11, 02:41 AM
7.5k MAX on hydraulics, any higher and your risking them jacking up and potentially causing a lot more damage

also i hope you have minimum steel caps as stock can split with the mildest of cams. and if going to rev the engine you have steel oil pump gears too?