PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank

waynes sri
07-05-11, 01:16 PM
right after all the fun and games ive had with fuel and swopin nearly all the main parts it could be that was makin it run **** ive been to a tuning place today to ask there advice as am now stuck lol.and really should have done fuel filter 1st but was pritty new when i got it so didnt bother but he said to change that as i had put an old fuel pump on once and it ad sum **** in it so that could have blocked it up a bit.so thats just been done this mornin seen to sound bit sweeter..but he also said about a vent in the tank could want cleanin out and the vent pipe? so what i need to know is how do i clean it out and does the tank after be took off? probley going to after to come off any way as it was leakin out of the return pipe other day for the 1st time when i filled the tank.thats a reason the vent might want clean as he say if it isnt clear can affect how fuel is sent from the pump air pressure etc..but i dont know lol...

mk1nova_rich
07-05-11, 01:26 PM
Yes the tank will need to be lowered to access the vent pipe, its above the seam next to the breather for the filler neck. Its only 4 or 5mm diameter IIRC

waynes sri
07-05-11, 01:31 PM
Yes the tank will need to be lowered to access the vent pipe, its above the seam next to the breather for the filler neck. Its only 4 or 5mm diameter IIRCbrill that rich thanks whats the best way to clear it out?? and how much fun is it to lower tank?:thumb:

mk1nova_rich
07-05-11, 01:34 PM
Just replace it with some new pipe (its plastic usually) or blast it through with air gun, hose etc...

Back end up on axle stands to allow the tank straps to come down far enough - two 13mm nuts to undo the tank straps then undo all your fuel hoses if you want to remove completely, or just undo the main filler hose if you just want to let it hang down a bit.

Best to have as little fuel in as possible lol

waynes sri
07-05-11, 02:10 PM
Best to have as little fuel in as possible

yes thats what we said but the **** has a full tank lol:mad: