PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.2NV Ignition problems.

MK1_Ben
06-05-11, 12:51 PM
Car died mysteriously the other day, testing the coil it was making no spark (as per other thread).

Replaced it earlier (with a brand new working coil), and testing the plugs I'm still getting no spark from them? however all the other electronics are working fine on the car, but going to start it, it just keeps turning over.

Could there be shorted out wires somewhere? or does anyone else have any suggestions.

mowgli
06-05-11, 01:28 PM
Cambelt?? remove the dizzy cap & turn it over.

ht leads?
dizzy?

John
06-05-11, 01:42 PM
Good earth between coil and body?

Royston
06-05-11, 02:03 PM
module in distributor failed, 4/6 prong black item under rotor arm(it tells the coil when to fire (I've had 2 fail over the years) symptoms, no spark!

MK1_Ben
06-05-11, 02:27 PM
module in distributor failed, 4/6 prong black item under rotor arm(it tells the coil when to fire (I've had 2 fail over the years) symptoms, no spark!

This would probably explain it just dropping dead with no mechanical noise when I stopped the car, new Dizzy job I guess?

mowgli
06-05-11, 02:47 PM
first off, does the rotor arm turn, cos cambelt failure on a 1200 is dead common.

MK1_Ben
06-05-11, 03:14 PM
It's still outside my work as I'm not able to trailer it home until tommorow.

When I checked the belt I didn't have any tools on me, so I felt inside the belt cover (as it's slightly loose) and the belt was still under tension. So pretty sure it's fine?

Royston
06-05-11, 05:29 PM
No you can just c0hange the module, see them on fleabay often, just need to know whether 4 or 6 prong ( 6 was on my SR with rev counter I believe but could be wrong)
Could rob one off another distributor