PDA

View Full Version : Incicators

Gazza14SR
22-06-03, 10:18 PM
Hi guys,

I have recently fitted some clear side repeaters. Both the indicators worked but i now seem to have a problem with the drivers side one.

At first i thought the bulb had gone but when i tried the bulb the other side it worked fine, i have cleaned the connectors etc but the drivers side still does not work.

Is there something else i should check? The front and rear drivers side indicators are fine.

Thanks

adam2472
22-06-03, 10:23 PM
broken bulb holder maybe..??

i know that it sounds unlikely but when i fitted my clear ovals. i modded the existing bulb holders by cutting and file'n them and one of them cracked.. now the bulb is real lose in the holder and is a real dodgy connection.

all depends how u fitten em i guess...

ade
22-06-03, 10:40 PM
check the earth.

Also try it with hazard switch on - make sure all the other indicators work. theyre usually linked so if one bulb goes or theres a short the others blink much faster. If the front one works but the side one doesnt - itll be wiring (and not the relay)

rhumphris
25-06-03, 07:25 PM
my drivers side repeater also failed, turned out that the grommet where the wires go through the bulkhead had perished and the wires were shorting out to earth. ended up rewireing it to the front indicator on the same side

Gazza14SR
25-06-03, 09:35 PM
my electric ariel is also not working on that side, could the problem be related?

I'll get the wing off tomorrow and have a close look.

stugsi
26-06-03, 06:42 PM
if you look under the dash you will see a black plug see if it is still connected cause thats the power wire to your side repeaters

Ben (lurk75)
26-06-03, 06:49 PM
Earth

Gazza14SR
26-06-03, 06:50 PM
if that wasnt connected though, would the other side still work because at the minute it does.

stugsi
26-06-03, 08:36 PM
yeah you have one each side i pulled one of mine off when i put my m3 mirrors with indicators in just had to plug it back in