PDA

View Full Version : Ever sent an interior or similar to USA?

L14MNP
05-05-11, 12:24 PM
I may need to. No idea where to even look for a quote, do they do pallet services?

Anyone any ideas? I know it will be expensive, but just how expensive it is depends if it's viable or not.

mowgli
05-05-11, 12:32 PM
check fedex, tnt, dhl etc or go thru a shipping agent (yellow pages)... what on earth is it for?? be careful on what export duty you might need to put on it.

L14MNP
05-05-11, 12:38 PM
The problem is that I really need to gather it all together again and basically pile it on top of itself in as small a package as possible to get any accurate quotes. It's to be expected, but annoying!

I get the feeling it will be mental money, considering I was going to ship a splitter to NZ and that was going to be something like $500 lol. Volumetric weight was the killer there, so I guess it would be in favour with the trim, but still work out an insane amount!

I have emailed a couple of shipping agents with rough dimensions and weight, just a shame it's too big/heavy for P2G. lol

It's this btw (http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107683) the US guys got that series car for a lot longer than over here, and as a result they still spend big on them.

Cheers.

mowgli
05-05-11, 12:42 PM
ask about groupage.. where they fill a container with lots of little boxes...

L14MNP
05-05-11, 12:46 PM
Will look into that now. Is that the kind of deal where you wait for a container to fill and then off it goes? Split the shipping between several people etc?

mowgli
05-05-11, 12:48 PM
yup.

L14MNP
05-05-11, 12:53 PM
yup.

:thumb:

You have given me a couple ideas to try. Much obliged sir. +rep if I can etc.

(lol) You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mowgli again.

stevie-p
05-05-11, 01:04 PM
done for you sir

Iain
05-05-11, 05:33 PM
While you're looking at parcel quotes, find out how much it costs to send a pair of wing mirrors inside the UK. I'm sure someone was meant to be posting me some, can you remember who?

Ben
05-05-11, 08:08 PM
I sent 2 pallets to my brother in NZ for about 150 quid! and it only took 4 weeks!

mowgli
05-05-11, 09:22 PM
i hope they had something on them, or was it an elaborate practical joke?

L14MNP
05-05-11, 09:54 PM
While you're looking at parcel quotes, find out how much it costs to send a pair of wing mirrors inside the UK. I'm sure someone was meant to be posting me some, can you remember who?

See MSN :p (This was done before I seen your cheeky comment.) lol

L14MNP
05-05-11, 09:56 PM
I sent 2 pallets to my brother in NZ for about 150 quid! and it only took 4 weeks!

Cheap! Who was that with Ben?

lol @ this btw. I am currently in 'advanced talks' with a guy who is interested in the lot - he is about 30 miles away. Hasn't seen it on eBay UK, yet finds it on an American forum! lol

Hopefully I won't need to ship, but it would be handy to know who to use in the future. :thumb:

Ben
06-05-11, 08:50 AM
it was from antwerp to nz but the difference from here to uk is minimal, i used a dutch shipping agent.