PDA

View Full Version : B204 Saab turbo into nova?

Danb1987
05-05-11, 11:37 AM
Iv read through a fair bit on the search function but has anyone ever made this engine work??

I can't find a build thread anywhere??

AlexW
05-05-11, 11:40 AM
No.

MattBrown
05-05-11, 11:43 AM
Gearbox fine, wiring fine, only slight issue is taking around 4" out of the chassis leg as the engines way longer lol

Jack
05-05-11, 12:07 PM
Isn't claire putting a saab turbo into a Nova?

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166124

mowgli
05-05-11, 12:24 PM
by doing some proper metalworking, it is possible, which is why claire & ste porter are tackling it.. also ste doesn't seem to like people telling him that something can't be done..

Danb1987
05-05-11, 12:49 PM
Yeah I saw that thread I was just wondering if anyone had already completed one that has a full build thread.

Andy
05-05-11, 03:55 PM
i miss sloff....

wwmnw
06-05-11, 12:27 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/chip-3door/4m2/outofgarage.jpg

GDN16v
06-05-11, 03:54 PM
chips car

Doesnt count its in the wrong place and its on a calibra subframe!!lollollollol

Danb1987
06-05-11, 03:56 PM
Is there no one that has ever completed this conversion? With the engine in the right place lol

Surely a few people have at least attempted it?

wwmnw
06-05-11, 05:02 PM
Doesnt count its in the wrong place and its on a calibra subframe!!lollollollol

But its good lol Golf headlights are still hard to get used to.

L14MNP
06-05-11, 05:04 PM
Is there no one that has ever completed this conversion? With the engine in the right place lol

Surely a few people have at least attempted it?

People these days are spoiled! You don't know how lucky you are with the internet at your disposal! (lol) Have a go yourself mate. It's not like you would be going into it blind, but expecting a complete step by step is a bit cheeky IMO. lol

No-one wants to do anything for themselves these days!

Danb1987
06-05-11, 05:19 PM
I'm not being at all cheeky!! Just wanting to see if it's been done rather than go into it blind :thumb: I don't want to ruin my loon by just chopping bits out...

And when did I ask anyone else to do it for me? Iv searched around and found barely nothing just thought someone may know of one that's all....

Nobby
06-05-11, 06:10 PM
yes it has been done! Unsire of it got finished though unless you can read swedish?

http://forum.saabturboclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=267553

Nobby
06-05-11, 06:13 PM
I'm not being at all cheeky!! Just wanting to see if it's been done rather than go into it blind :thumb: I don't want to ruin my loon by just chopping bits out...

And when did I ask anyone else to do it for me? Iv searched around and found barely nothing just thought someone may know of one that's all....

theres sooooo much info out there i was going to put one into my mk2 astra found loads of info ....

mowgli
06-05-11, 06:18 PM
yes it has been done! Unsire of it got finished though unless you can read swedish?

http://forum.saabturboclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=267553

google translate makes it sound a bit like the muppet chef, but it is readable

Danb1987
06-05-11, 06:26 PM
Thanks for that link mate! It does look possible then :) some major surgery needed but it should go lol

Do you think he was using a Saab box? Trying to work out why he cut the o/s leg... Seems to be the gear linkage

Nobby
06-05-11, 11:40 PM
yeah hes defo using the saab box and gear cables id just stick with and f20 or f28

GDN16v
07-05-11, 10:25 AM
But its good lol Golf headlights are still hard to get used to.
TBH i dont like it. Golf headlights are god awful, always were since it was first done years ago. They should only be fitted to golfs!!lollollollollollol

Anything is possible if youve got the time, money and talent to do it. But most of the time people get half way through a project car and get bored or sick of it and buy something else that runs and drives without any work involved!!

claire6069
07-05-11, 06:03 PM
will be buying the donor car shortly for my project so will be some updates coming soon!

the main thing steve is worried about is the chassis leg surgery. i'll be running an f28 with it as there wont be anywhere to fit the rear gearbox mount for a saab box. found quite a few vids of a lad abroad thats put a T9 lump in a corsa but hes wide arched it! is proper cool though!

Nobby
08-05-11, 09:30 AM
will be buying the donor car shortly for my project so will be some updates coming soon!

the main thing steve is worried about is the chassis leg surgery. i'll be running an f28 with it as there wont be anywhere to fit the rear gearbox mount for a saab box. found quite a few vids of a lad abroad thats put a T9 lump in a corsa but hes wide arched it! is proper cool though!

yeah the white one but hes extended the front end 6 inch hasnt he?