PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Head

gunner1x1
05-05-11, 01:40 AM
After my 1.2 1990/G reg Vauxhall Nova overheated I bought a remanufactured 1995 1.2 Corsa cylinder head. I was assured that it would work fine in my car, but I have come across something I have not seen before, and I want to see if I need Corsa ignition leads.

The head has two sets of threads where the spark plugs go. The deepest and normal size ones are at the where the plugs screw in, and the second set which are just inside the hole are about 1"1/2' across. Do I just use Nova leads (the plugs seem to stick out more then usual) or do I use Corsa? If the latter what ones do I use?

Any help will be great

Cheers

Mike

nova-taken
05-05-11, 03:47 AM
i think those threads are for the spark plug protectors, use normal nova leads unless you have said spark plug protectors

gunner1x1
09-05-11, 10:26 AM
i think those threads are for the spark plug protectors, use normal nova leads unless you have said spark plug protectors

If I can use them with my engine, is there any benefit in doing so?

Cheers

Mike

mowgli
09-05-11, 10:57 AM
/\ they look pretty???

gunner1x1
09-05-11, 02:11 PM
/\ they look pretty???

Now now mowgli you know what I mean:d I was thinking about everytime I have to remove the plugs I have problems (especialy with the No1 plug) cleaning the dirt away so that it does not fall into the engine. But with the Corsa sort holding the dust at the top of the hole it would be easy to clean it out.

Cheers

Mike

swedge
09-05-11, 02:48 PM
Now now mowgli you know what I mean:d I was thinking about everytime I have to remove the plugs I have problems (especialy with the No1 plug) cleaning the dirt away so that it does not fall into the engine. But with the Corsa sort holding the dust at the top of the hole it would be easy to clean it out.

Cheers

Mike

just answered your own question lol

mowgli
09-05-11, 02:52 PM
do you go bog hopping in it??? where do you get enough muck & debris from to fall in when you remove the plugs??

gunner1x1
11-05-11, 01:26 PM
do you go bog hopping in it??? where do you get enough muck & debris from to fall in when you remove the plugs??

Maybe I am going over the top, but there is certainaly some dirt there:cry:

Cheers

Mike

John
11-05-11, 01:34 PM
If you have the tubes and corsa leads and they fit the nova dizzy cap, use them, if not use what you have. Simples!