PDA

View Full Version : Hella Front Grill

Liam
02-05-11, 07:39 PM
I've recently bought a Mk1 Hella front grill but the seller did not supply / lost the bulb holders. I was wondering if any of you knew what model number they are or if anyone knows where I can get them. This is the grill in question (nicked the photo from someone, can't remember who):

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/liampoulton/PVS0939.jpg

bmw156
02-05-11, 07:48 PM
impossible task.
get a refund lol.

Royston
02-05-11, 08:04 PM
They will be hella lamp units, the clips are only pieces of spring wire, would think you can either make some, get some off some old lamps, I may even be able to help;)

If you post up a photo of the rear of the lamp, I'll have a look and see if I have any suitable from some scrap lamps;)

Liam
02-05-11, 08:18 PM
They will be hella lamp units, the clips are only pieces of spring wire, would think you can either make some, get some off some old lamps, I may even be able to help;)

If you post up a photo of the rear of the lamp, I'll have a look and see if I have any suitable from some scrap lamps;)

The grills at the lock up at the moment. I'll try and get up the when I can and PM you a pic. Cheers! :thumb:

Royston
02-05-11, 08:19 PM
impossible task.
get a refund lol.

Don't be too defeatist;)

Jack
02-05-11, 10:04 PM
If they're H3 bulbs, it shouldn't be too hard to bodge something up.

Or if they're a standard lamp size (which I suspect they should be), simply replace the lamps with aftermarket items.