PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Not Working

Dave.
02-05-11, 01:17 AM
Fitted a full Mk2 electric window kit the other day to the Nova, all worked fine but now the passenger window doesnt like to go up sometimes, cant hear any clicking inside the regulator, usually have to keep tapping the button untill it goes up, is this a new regulator time or possibley an electrical fault?

Balley
02-05-11, 09:08 AM
it will be a dodgy switch.. remove the switch and push the hole lot together when you try and uperate it! mine did the same!

Spudly
02-05-11, 11:01 AM
Swap the switches over and if the fault moves to the drivers side then your switch is the fault, fairly sure it will be as i had one that did this aswell.

swedge
02-05-11, 11:55 AM
i have 2 spare switched if you need any

windfreek
02-05-11, 06:53 PM
the problem is gam, if you cba with this then just ignore me, but if you take a small flat screwdriver in the middle down each long side to pry and pop the rocking head of the switch out and you will see a few small holes with what looks like some copper squares on end looking at you that are sat in the holes, usually a blast of WD40 via the straw and it will dissolve and knock the gam loose and hopefully should fix your swich again, then just pop your rocker back in again and jobs a gud'n, but remember WD40 conducts electricity, so turn your ignition off first!

...or failing than get some new ones

remember nothings broke until you break it trying to fix it!

swedge
02-05-11, 08:24 PM
wtf is gam?

MK999
02-05-11, 08:26 PM
wtf is gam?

It's a cross between gammon and ham, and it seems he has some stuck in his window switches.

swedge
02-05-11, 08:34 PM
sounds tastey tbh

Balley
02-05-11, 08:48 PM
gam=crap/****

swedge
02-05-11, 08:50 PM
never heard that word before

Dave.
03-05-11, 01:33 AM
the problem is gam, if you cba with this then just ignore me, but if you take a small flat screwdriver in the middle down each long side to pry and pop the rocking head of the switch out and you will see a few small holes with what looks like some copper squares on end looking at you that are sat in the holes, usually a blast of WD40 via the straw and it will dissolve and knock the gam loose and hopefully should fix your swich again, then just pop your rocker back in again and jobs a gud'n, but remember WD40 conducts electricity, so turn your ignition off first!

...or failing than get some new ones

remember nothings broke until you break it trying to fix it!

So i need to run the screwdriver inbetween the rocker and the outer ring? or underneath where the wiring but unclips from the switch?

brainsnova
03-05-11, 02:16 AM
A gam where I stay is a bj , gobble lol the centre of the switch has two round pins sticking out and this is why you have to pry it from the top.

Dave.
03-05-11, 11:29 AM
Just done this and it works!! just about to go and try the second switch now :thumb:

Dave.
03-05-11, 11:40 AM
Both work now, cheers windfreek, +rep coming your way :thumb:

windfreek
04-05-11, 07:52 PM
Both work now, cheers windfreek, +rep coming your way :thumb:

no probs, and just to clarify, Gam... its a northern thing!:d

(but i do like the sound of the gammon and ham, altho come to think of it arnt they the same thing? lol )

Balley
04-05-11, 08:30 PM
Windfreek, I must also be a Northerner as I understood lol

Southie
04-05-11, 08:43 PM
Gam, :wtf: and I'm a Northerner lol

windfreek
04-05-11, 08:50 PM
Gam, :wtf: and I'm a Northerner lol

alright then how about these then

duck
tar